Votes: 30 34.9%
  • Twice during the day w/ Meal or Water

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Other

Votes: 5 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Monigirl

I wanted to know what time does the majority on LHCF take their vitamins. I find myself taking them at night before bed with a full glass of water b/c If I take them during the day I am constantly running to the ladies room. :gottago: :giggle: And I only take two vits a day and I see many ladies on here take more than that.

What time works best for you and why?

SmartyPants

I take mine three times a day. With breakfast, lunch, and right before bed. Some of my vitamins have to be taken three times a day and I don't want to take those all at the same time, so I split them out evenly during the day.

lovelychar

I know what you mean Monigirl. Plus I feel so bloated with having to drink so much water too. I take mines about twice a day. I keep all my vitamins at work and take them with my breakfast and then a second dose of MSM around 2pm to get my 6000mg a day in.

gymfreak336

I voted other.

I take my multi and mineral supplements through out the day with meals. I take my EFA'S with something else fatty. I take my amino's on an empty stomach and I take my b-complex and half of my biotin on an empty stomach right before bed.

HotRibena

Since I cannot swallow pills with liquids, taking them at dinner time with a full meal works best for me.

DayStar

i take womens ultra mega everyday....1 in the morning and the other before bed....im going on 4 weeks...with a lot of new growth :grin:

ddean

I take all of my vitamins first thing in the morning just to get it over with. I drink lots of water during the day, so I'm constantly running to the bathroom anyway:spinning:

Moroni

I take my supplements three times per day, whether I'm eating or not...with my morning tea or breakfast, lunch and dinner usually; if I'm fasting, I take them the times I'd usually be eating.

BrownSkin2

I take my vitamins twice a day, after breakfast I take a multi and right after lunch I take a B-complex. I also drink a lot of water behind them. It's early enough in the day so that I won't run to the bathroom all during the night.

ttlayli

I actually take all my pills at bedtime, ever since I read somewhere that absorption is better at bedtime since that's when your body is in "repair" mode. :yep:

Evazhair

I take my flax oil blend 3x a day w/ meals
I take a kelp in the morning
I have been taking my womens' multivitamin in the morning but after hearing Dr. Oz last night say we should split our multivitamins in half and take one in the morning and one in the evening, thats how I am going to start doing it.

drasgrl

Dr Oz was on Oprah yesterday and he said for multivitamins you should break it in half and take one in the morning and one in the evening.

tricie

Hi, Monigirl! :wavey:

When I am being good and taking all of my vits, I take silica, and the first dose of Omega 3-6-9, multi, Hair, skin & nail, and MSM in the morning.

When I get home from work, I take the second dose of Omega 3-6-9, Chorella (some timey with that one), and HSN.

Before bed, I take biotin, more MSM, and B complex.

HTH!

ChrissyB

I take a multi vitamin in the morning and my MSM, B complex and Biotin right before bed since they are water soluable. I dont wanna pee out my vitamins during the day!! :lachen:

silkii_locks

Dr Oz was on Oprah yesterday and he said for multivitamins you should break it in half and take one in the morning and one in the evening.
Wow I never thought about this before. I only take one pill a day (Aphogee) and lately I've been taking them before bed, but I think I might try this method, did they happen to explain why?

Monigirl

Thank you so much ladies for your input. I have learned so many good tips from those who have polled and posted so far. :yep: Thank you!!!

The half in the a.m. and half in the p.m. sounds good.

Want to try to add a few more vits to my daily regimen. Because I feel if I add anymore vitamins to my small intake of two multi vitamins at night I would start having a bladder malfunction "like a pregnant woman" and I have not had a baby yet. LOL!!!:spinning:

Last edited:

Lioness

I take some throughout the day, but take Biotin @ nite time. My mum said she now takes hers at night time before bed and has noticed that the absorbtion has improved from doing this- she says her vitamins are working better. I'll probably start taking most of my vits before bed because at night time your body tisues are reparing themselves, so this would probably result in improved vitamin absorbtion into the body...

Empress Yahudah

I voted other.

I take my multi and mineral supplements through out the day with meals. I take my EFA'S with something else fatty. I take my amino's on an empty stomach and I take my b-complex and half of my biotin on an empty stomach right before bed.
Well that is the exact way I take mine since I got the info how to take vits from ur vits thread :lol:
Very informative I keep it saved to my favs:yep:

Hi, Monigirl! :wavey:

When I am being good and taking all of my vits, I take silica, and the first dose of Omega 3-6-9, multi, Hair, skin & nail, and MSM in the morning.

When I get home from work, I take the second dose of Omega 3-6-9, Chorella (some timey with that one), and HSN.

Before bed, I take biotin, more MSM, and B complex.

HTH!

I take my vitamins at night. I will try to get that chlorella down too!

drasgrl

Wow I never thought about this before. I only take one pill a day (Aphogee) and lately I've been taking them before bed, but I think I might try this method, did they happen to explain why?

He said something about how it evens your energy throughout the day.

LadyPaniolo

In the morning I take my prenatal and B-50 complex. It has biotin in it. With lunch I take a Vit C w/rose hips, a multi-mineral and a biotin. With dinner I take another multi-mineral (sometimes I forget, tho) and often another B-complex.

I just ordered some Vit D, Calcium w/magnesium, and Vit E from Puritan's Pride today. I'll have to fit them into the reg somewhere... I think at bedtime is perfect.

Monigirl

Since I learned so much from you ladies I purchased more vitamins this weekend to add to my everyday regimen. (Omega 3 and Iron) :grin:

Ivonnovi

I voted with dinner(meal). Somewhere over the years I heard that for the vit's to be best absorbed/broken down/useful they must have other compounds present to aid in the process. .....I don't remember the exact details but .....based upon that I decided to take mine with my dinner, so that I have the full "absorbed" effect in the mornings. 'cause I hate getting up!

Aggie

I usually take miine during the afternoon with lunch but when I forget to do it then or I got too busy, then I'd wait to until dinner time to take them. The important thing for me is that I take them daily so the time of day doesn't really matter to me.

morehairplease

I actually take all my pills at bedtime, ever since I read somewhere that absorption is better at bedtime since that's when your body is in "repair" mode. :yep:

this is what I plan on doing once I start back taking my vits. I did notice that I got better results(faster growth, thicker hair, etc...) when I took my vitamins at night as opposed to in the morning.

Queen V

I take a multivitamin, and just started biotin. I have to take my vitamins at bedtime, because it's the only time that I can guarantee that I'll remember to do it. If I'm going to be inconsistent about taking them, then there's really no point in taking them, and doing it at bedtime guarantees that I'll take them consistently.