Best sulfate free moisturizing poo???

silenttullip

Please please pleasssssssssse help!

4a/3c, humid climate
medium thickness
med/high porosity

I love my cv bars but I was reading a blog live curly live free or something like that and she was talking about how the high ph of shampoo bars doesn't help curly/natural hair and I know that's what acv is for but uh I don't like it. So I shrugged it off and I used my new ayurvedic bar and my hair felt HORRIBLE not to mention my eyes burned like ALL get out. I then used an acv rinse and it helped but uh yea no anyway I use ors aloe poo to clarify but in between time I need a mega moisturizing sulfate free shampoo (isn't bad if you choose a really moisturizing conditioner too thats from the same line as the poo you suggest if not it's okay AO conditioners have me on lock anyway). I'm almost desperate so please help my reggie is fine and getting better but man without a moisturizing poo I'll go back to breakage stripped town.

Last edited:

aquajoyice

I love the Wen line of cleansing conditioners. I've tried the Fig, Lavender and the Almond Mint and I love them all. They have no sulfates and moisturize really well. If you want a super moisturizing cleanser go with the Fig you'll be amazed.

leigh.hill

I use KeraCare sulfate-free new shampoo :grin:. It is the only shampoo that I use and I have never been tempted to buy another shampoo (and I am a BIG PJ).

There is a thread on it:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=428320

Last edited:

Minty

strike that! of course its in the linked thread because my girls are ON POINT. Thanks again Leigh.

Uniqzoe

I use Royal Roots Moisture Thick Therapy shampoo and I love it. It has all natural ingredients and surprisingly enough has a good foam to it as well.

Here's the ingredient list:

Deionized Water, Nut Oil, Propylene, Shea Butter, Vitamin E, Olive Oil, Cocoa Butter Oil, Herbal Moisturizers and detanglers, Silk Protein, Balsam, Aloe Vera

Attachments

• paynesbeautysupply-salon_2098_34263015.jpg
    paynesbeautysupply-salon_2098_34263015.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 26

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
TJ Nourish Spa is the only regular shampoo I use, and have been using for 2 years, when I want to clarify I use Aveda's Detoxified shampoo (discontinued)

NaturalEnigma

Abba pure moisture shampoo is the greatest! It moisturizes the hair so well, and when my hair dries it's so shiny. Its all natural and contains no sulfates.

silenttullip

about to purchase the fig to test it. If it works OMG I will totally get u a bottle too :)

I love the Wen line of cleansing conditioners. I've tried the Fig, Lavender and the Almond Mint and I love them all. They have no sulfates and moisturize really well. If you want a super moisturizing cleanser go with the Fig you'll be amazed.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
Along with the WEN suggestion I highly recommend Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo...I love it so much that the next time I order I'm getting a gallon of it!!! :yep::up:

silenttullip

Anyone else feel free to chime in I'll keep you guys posted, just bought muse's suggestion and about to get the fig. As for the others over this spring/summer if neither of these two work I'll use these as well.

silenttullip

Thanks and I love ur siggy I use that pic to measure my growth it's perfect

Along with the WEN suggestion I highly recommend Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo...I love it so much that the next time I order I'm getting a gallon of it!!! :yep::up:

sheca

I really like my organix coconut shampoo, its sulfate free and feels like you're washing with a conditioner. I recently bought the tea tree mint shampoo because the coconut ran out and I wanted to try something different, the ingredients looked fine but it feels HORRIBLE in my hair....yea so def sticking with the coconut

equestrian

Please please pleasssssssssse help!

4a/3c, humid climate
medium thickness
med/high porosity

I love my cv bars but I was reading a blog live curly live free or something like that and she was talking about how the high ph of shampoo bars doesn't help curly/natural hair and I know that's what acv is for but uh I don't like it. So I shrugged it off and I used my new ayurvedic bar and my hair felt HORRIBLE not to mention my eyes burned like ALL get out. I then used an acv rinse and it helped but uh yea no anyway I use ors aloe poo to clarify but in between time I need a mega moisturizing sulfate free shampoo (isn't bad if you choose a really moisturizing conditioner too thats from the same line as the poo you suggest if not it's okay AO conditioners have me on lock anyway). I'm almost desperate so please help my reggie is fine and getting better but man without a moisturizing poo I'll go back to breakage stripped town.

Aubrey organics honeysuckle shampoo.

ms.blue

I like how my hair feels when I use elucence moisture benefits shampoo but my scalp doesn't . I think is the peach extract.

LaFemmeNaturelle

I really like my organix coconut shampoo, its sulfate free and feels like you're washing with a conditioner. I recently bought the tea tree mint shampoo because the coconut ran out and I wanted to try something different, the ingredients looked fine but it feels HORRIBLE in my hair....yea so def sticking with the coconut

negative! I HATED that shampoo, it made my hair feel like straw and I gave it away....and although it's sulfate free it still has pretty medium-harsh surfactants in it...which is probably why it stripped me good.

ACEA

In my opinion, nothing will ever compare to the green CON. I like, not love, sulfate-free Keracare. It smells similar to CON. It unravels my hair, but doesn't completely detangle it like the CON.
I was not impressed by Elucense Shampoo. It was as though I rinsed my hair with water. I am curious about the Alpha 5-in-1 and Abba. Anymore feedback on those products ladies?

silenttullip

Good suggestions I'm not fooling with organix cause some of their ingredients still aren't so safe for my sensitive scalp.

silenttullip

Great suggestions cause con is something really affordable I can just walk in and pick up.

In my opinion, nothing will ever compare to the green CON. I like, not love, sulfate-free Keracare. It smells similar to CON. It unravels my hair, but doesn't completely detangle it like the CON.
I was not impressed by Elucense Shampoo. It was as though I rinsed my hair with water. I am curious about the Alpha 5-in-1 and Abba. Anymore feedback on those products ladies?

Theresamonet

I use Royal Roots Moisture Thick Therapy shampoo and I love it. It has all natural ingredients and surprisingly enough has a good foam to it as well.

Here's the ingredient list:

Deionized Water, Nut Oil, Propylene, Shea Butter, Vitamin E, Olive Oil, Cocoa Butter Oil, Herbal Moisturizers and detanglers, Silk Protein, Balsam, Aloe Vera

Where do you buy this product? Which of the ingredients is the cleansing agent?

Muse

I know what you mean about green label CON. One of the members, Honey Dew, posted about the Alpha 5 in 1 being a great alternative when the old CON formula was discontinued because the ingredients were very similar. I think you should try it. I stocked up on the green label CoN and though my intentions were to rotate between the two I find myself using the Alpha a little more. I plan on stocking up on the Alpha soon just in case they decide to discontinue that too!

OP, please be sure to let us know how the Alpha worked for you.