Best relaxer for thin 4a/b hair?

Neen

My hair is thin and fragile. I used Elasta QP which seems to have done well but I am still shopping around. I was wondering what relaxer other people on the board use who also have thin/fine hair (where the actual hair strand is thin).

northernbelle

My hair is also fine, thin and fragile. I have worn the Affirm Relaxer with Lye, Mild Formula, four five years now. I have done very well with it.

Prior to that, I wore the Motions with Lye, Regular formula. I did well with that as well.

northernbelle

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I have thin hair as well. I have used these relaxers before:
Motions
Hawaiian Silk

I currently use Elasta QP.

None of these relaxers have given me any problems.

Neen

Thanks ladies. Did you guys ever have a weak spot? Mine is in the crown area. Although I have not had any breakage since resuming relaxers in March I still fear that it will start breaking again and that would break my heart
I really want to grow my hair long and that is the only area that has prevented me from doing it in the past.

Miosy

I have to recommend Elucence because it's very mild and it will not make your hair bone straight but that's only if you don't mind the waves:)
My hair use to be thin and fragile when I used to relax bone straight but now that I relax about 90% it's a lot thicker and stronger.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
Neen said:
Thanks ladies. Did you guys ever have a weak spot? Mine is in the crown area. Although I have not had any breakage since resuming relaxers in March I still fear that it will start breaking again and that would break my heart
I really want to grow my hair long and that is the only area that has prevented me from doing it in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

My weak spot is on the front/side edges of my hairline (above/diagonal to my eyebrows).

honeycomb719

Im also a 4a fine haired sista and as of now I'm using Vitale w/ aloe relaxer (lye) regulat, and my hair has been responding well 2 this so far. As for my weakest area, that would be my front and sides they r doing alot better since I started using lye relaxers. i dont keep them on no longer than 15-18mins tops. I relax my edges all around last using the las 5-8mins of the process.
HTH

Neen

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
Neen, how long is your hair now since 1998???

[/ QUOTE ]

unfortunately, around 2-3". I kept going through the grow, break, cut cycle
. I cut off all of my relaxed hair in January and started fresh. I got a textruizer in March (it was really a relaxer that didn't take). And I got a relaxer in April (Elasta QP sensitive scalp). I wish my hair would've kept growing since 1998...I would definately be to bra strap length. Oh, well

northernbelle

My weak spot is the crown area.

The length of time? Well, my relaxer is applied professionally. So, I would say approximately 20 minutes?

northernbelle