Best Place to Get a Texturizer in New York

RabiaElaine

I need to know the best place to get a texturizer in New York, and what your experience has been going there. Pictures would be great too if you have them. I have relaxed hair and will be transitioning into a texturized look for more versatility and managability.

Thanks

DangerouslyShy said:
curvesalon.com i think thats the address

Is curve the only salon, they seem like they do a good job but are a little pricey. I notice that you are texturized is that where you go? If not where do you go, I will be transitioning into texturized from relaxed hair. How long have you been transitioning? How much new growth did you have before your first texturizer? What relaxer/texturizer did you use? Do you have any pics about what the texturized hair looks like compared to the relaxed?

I'm really sorry about all of these questions.

Thanks in advance

Check out Louis Lucari salon. A. Dickey, the author of "Hair Rules" is a stylist there. Check out his book and you'll see nice pictures of texturized hair.

Ooooo, I'm going to get his book today!! I've seen it before but I'm relaxed so I didn't think I should read it.

I just called the salon I'm going to get a FREE consultation from him when I take my braids out. I hope he has a good way for transitioning from relaxed to natural w/o cutting off all the relaxed hair right away. They seemed very nice and helpful over the phone. This is great because Curve charges for their consultation even if you decide not to use them. I'll try FREE first :).

Besides I'll be able to get a good idea of how knowledgable he is by reading his book first.

RabiaElaine said:
Ooooo, I'm going to get his book today!! I've seen it before but I'm relaxed so I didn't think I should read it.

I just called the salon I'm going to get a FREE consultation from him when I take my braids out. I hope he has a good way for transitioning from relaxed to natural w/o cutting off all the relaxed hair right away. They seemed very nice and helpful over the phone. This is great because Curve charges for their consultation even if you decide not to use them. I'll try FREE first :).

Besides I'll be able to get a good idea of how knowledgable he is by reading his book first.

I can sell it to you if you want it. I'm natural, so the book is better for texturized or relaxed tresses. PM me if interested!

DangerouslyShy said:
im transitioning into a texturizer as well...im mostly relaxed....I go to my regular hair dresser in trenton, nj

DS can I ask a quest: Your sigy says you had a texturizer in June. But how do you get a tex with relaxed ends?

Thanks

lkg4healthyhair said:
DS can I ask a quest: Your sigy says you had a texturizer in June. But how do you get a tex with relaxed ends?

Thanks
I was completely relaxed, and than i started texturizing my newgrowth instead of relaxinging it completely...so my hair is like half texturized and the ends are relaxed from relaxers long before i started texturizing my new growth. Hope this helps.

DangerouslyShy said:
I was completely relaxed, and than i started texturizing my newgrowth instead of relaxinging it completely...so my hair is like half texturized and the ends are relaxed from relaxers long before i started texturizing my new growth. Hope this helps.

So you have two textures until you cut the relaxed ends off right?

What relaxer do you use? How often do you touch it up?

Thanks for answering.

classimami713 said:
I can sell it to you if you want it. I'm natural, so the book is better for texturized or relaxed tresses. PM me if interested!

Awww thanks, but I already bought it and started reading it. Thanks anyway :).

@Rabia:

Please let us know how your consultation goes. I'm thinking of going to that salon too!

caligirl said:
@Rabia:

Please let us know how your consultation goes. I'm thinking of going to that salon too!

Hi Cali,

I will let you know. I won't be going until after I take my braids out in 2 months.

Back