LADIES WHO HAVE SUCCESSFULLY INCREASED THEIR HAIR'S GROWTH RATE :: HELP US OUT!!!

LADIES WHO HAVE SUCCESSFULLY INCREASED THEIR HAIR'S GROWTH RATE :: HELP US OUT!!!

1) So what did you do to specificially increase the rate of growth
2) If you have used specific products can you tell us what they are
3) What was your rate of growth before making the changes to your routine versus after
4) Any other tips to help us get to our hair length goals faster

Thank you so much for your help!!!

locabouthair

I havent increased my growth rate yet but the only things that can help are:
  • get a good amount of sleep every night, 7-8 hours
  • eat a well balanced diet, high in protein with lots of veggies and fruits
  • exercise regularly
  • massage your scalp every night

lilamae

MN & coconut oil on scalp, co wash every other day
MN, Coconut oil, Joyce Williams Hair Food
3) What was your rate of growth before making the changes to your routine versus after
1/2" per month before, 1" per month after:drunk:
Persitence and diligence with regimen that works for your hair:yep:

MeechUK

MeechUK
Weekly deep conditioning, oil rinses and clarifying. Healthy diet and plenty of sleep.

I cut right down on my products, I use an oil moisturiser with a small amount of Beeswax or Indian Hemp hair grease.

My hair kept breaking until I did the BC in July 2006 so until then my hair did not gain any length. Now I get between 1/2" to 3/4" per month, without any substantial breakage

Low manipulation, DC and weekly moisturising after washing.
PATIENCE

Last edited:

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Exercise 3-5x a week, take one Nutrilite HSN every day or two
Can't think of any other than the HSN for hair growth
1/2" before about 3/4" to 1" after
Whenever you find out what works, stick to it. Don't go experimenting anymore after that. You might have a setback.

Barbara

Princess
I used to put enough oil on my hair to last once a week, because I only had time to oil it thoroughly on Sundays. Then I would put a pomade or grease on the last (or bottom) three inches of my hair two or three times a week . . . sleep :sleep2: . . . with a bonnet, and then I had to put pads or two thick towels across my pillow. :lol:

Now it's harder for me to do that--since I'm so busy; that's why it's uneven when it should be much longer in some places by now. :wallbash: Consistency is definitely the key. :yep:

Some people can oil their hair once or twice a day. I guess that's equivalent to what I was doing once every Sunday.

I guess I can't complain about my type 4 a/b hair, since it's below bra clasp length (right side is waist length or navel length). :clapping: I always get compliments when I wear it down.

Last edited:

Lioness

Take vitamins (b complex/ biotin/ flaxseed). Increase protein- fish and beans. I Drink carrot juice f(great or hair thickness). I use a Sulphur mix.

I used BT and it worked really well. I made my own sulphur mix with sulphur/olive oil/coconut oil/castor oil. That worked great too. In combination with my diet (vits and food), i was getting around 1".

about half an inch/ 3/4 of an inch. now i get 1. I have gotten 1.5" when I have been on my game.

Getting all the growth in the world is nothing if you don't know how to retain it. Learn how to retain all the growth you get. Be consistent with retaining your length, then you will see real progress.

Glad i could help.

Thank you so much for your help!!!

My answer is in bolded ^^^^^

Last edited: