Best conditioners for conditioner washes

alireno

I did my first conditioner wash this morning. As I was washing my hair, I must admit I wasn't too impressed. It seemed as if my hair was clumping together. After rinsing, I applied more conditioner and combed it through with my Jilbere shower comb. After rinsing, my hair felt much better. I used V05 Free Me Freesia moisturizing conditioner. I am going to do another conditioner wash tomorrow. For those of you that do conditioner washes, what are the best conditioners to use? Which ones do you use?

Destanee

Hi Alireno
I've had good luck using Pantene Hydrating Curls and Daily Moisture Renewal. You could try using those.
When I used Suave the results were not all that great.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I like V05 Pina Colada and Creamy Citrus, Pantene DMR and the Venezuelan and US versions of Tropical Avocado. (They seem thinner and more watery than the Dominican version to me.)

I "lather up"
, let it sit while I shower, comb through it and then rinse.

TinyT

I have had the best sucess with sebastian laminates conditioner. As soon as I put it in I can feel the hair detangle and become very moisturized. It's a little pricey, but you don't even have to use much.

Tracy

I like using ones that are detangling: Elucence Moisture Balance, Revlon's Porosity Control and even Aubrey GPB sometimes (its a protein conditioner but it does a good job too and smells heavenly and moisturizes too).

SVT

I like the cheap stuff for washes: Suave Coconut, Pantene Smooth n Sleek, Pantene Hydrating Curls or Thermasilk

I finish with a leave-in of a high-end brand like Elucence Moisture Balance, Aubrey Rosa Mosqueta, Kenra Moisturizing or Abba Nourishing

H

honey_jammz82

The mall in my area sells Kenra and Abba at Trade Secret..it's a beauty supply store/salon. I am not sure about the Kenra prices, but I use Abba Nourishing leave-in, and it runs about 7 or 8 dollars per bottle. Not extremely expensive, but it aint pocket change either.

You should try Pantene Smooth and Sleek or Aussie Moist..I have had good results with both. The key for me is letting them sit on my hair for a few minutes, and combing with a wide toothed comb in the shower...GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!

MissJ

I don't think that VO5 has very good conditioner for black hair. I use to use the shampoo and conditioner all the time just because they were $1.00 each. Then I got a job and went back to LeKair conditioner. One time I ran out and just used my old VO5. The difference was pretty dramatic. My hair was hard and easier to break after using the VO5. Now, I am so thankful that I have the LeKair conditioner. It's so much better than VO5!

jazzyfunknastee

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
MissJ said:
I don't think that VO5 has very good conditioner for black hair. I use to use the shampoo and conditioner all the time just because they were $1.00 each. Then I got a job and went back to LeKair conditioner. One time I ran out and just used my old VO5. The difference was pretty dramatic. My hair was hard and easier to break after using the VO5. Now, I am so thankful that I have the LeKair conditioner. It's so much better than VO5!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I just tried the V05 Tangerine Tickle conditioner for a CO wash. Made my hair hell to comb. I remember my aunt swore by that crap for all her clients and I hated when she would try to comb the conditioner through because the comb would catch and pull my hair.

SVT

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
lunalight7 said:
SVT,

Ive never heard of the Abba or Kenra lines...are they good and if so, where can I purchase them? Expensive?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kenra is the maker of Elucence. I tried Abba after reading one of Valleygirl's posts. I buy Abba and Kenra at salons. I haven't been to a Trade Secret but I've read that these products can be bought there also.

Oops, I need to add that I recently saw Abba at my local corner beauty supply store. Very convenient!