best braided styles to wear with MTG?

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
Now that I had a little bit of money, I can finally buy a bottle of MTG.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for braided styles that won't look to' up after using MTG? Something that can kind of hide the progress? Would twists (no extensions) be good? What about pencil sized individual braids and wearing a scarf on the top once the growth starts to show?

Bumping for response. I am also interested in this. I was thinking of getting my hair braided for the winter and will be using MTG and Surge....help a sista out..I need ideas!! :)

I'm wearing single braids, about pencil size. I use mtg about 2x a week after I shampoo. for me singles work best because as they grow out, I can redo them a few at a time. when I have braids I use the crown and glory method along with mtg plus surge. for me it works wonders! here is the site www.growafrohairlong.com

The best braids for me has been human hair individuals you can do them medium size or small with larger parts. This will avoid breakage and allow you to frequently wash your hair depending if the hair is of a ok quality. Also I have tried individuals with kanekalon hair this will allow you to wash you hair once or twice a week and it holds the braid well and the hair is less costly than the human hair. These also leave you with fairly decent braids after washing. I have kinky twists now but I will not be washing completly in the shower with water I will be sponging my scalp only. Cause the way I did them, my style will not last long. But I am not saying kinky twists will not withstand weekly washings I just did mines any kind of way with big parts and a loose twist. They still lok good though just not my best work.

I decided not to wear cornrows while using MTG, becuase the new growth makes the braids look "messy" faster, BUT that's a great problem to have! :cool:

PittGirl06 said:
Now that I had a little bit of money, I can finally buy a bottle of MTG.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for braided styles that won't look to' up after using MTG? Something that can kind of hide the progress? Would twists (no extensions) be good? What about pencil sized individual braids and wearing a scarf on the top once the growth starts to show?

yep i m thinking the single braids and twists (extensions) would be a good way to keep it longer cause you can always camouflage the front with the scarf /cap/hat when there is too much growth i would put a bandana and let the braids flow. But cornrows after 2-3 weeks would look to'up for sure!

Back