Believable And Reasonable Glueless Lace Wigs

enscott14

Hello Beauties!

So winter is approaching and I would like to start going into heavy "protective" mode with my hair. My hair is natural and I had great curls, however over the summer I had my hair dyed a very vibrant "fashion" red and unfortunately the color straightened my ends. :sad:

Anywho, I want to get the straight ends trimmed off little by little and grow my hair out in hopes to have my curls back by next summer. In doing that, I'm REALLY going to need some protective styles that require low manipulation.

I've seen a lot of natural YT gurus achieve their length and health by wearing wigs, and I am very intrigued by them! I have never worn a unit before as I don't like that "wiggy" look, however I've seen some very natural looking units on YT. The problem is, these are gurus and they get sent the best wigs to review, so I don't want to invest money (they are expensive) only to get a mediocre wig that looks like a wig. Ain't nobody got time for that! LOL!

Anyhow, any of you beauties know where I an get a good, believable, non wiggy looking, reasonable glueless lace or glueless full lace wig from?

Have any of you worn glueless lace wigs before as a protective style, and if so how did you like it? Do you have any pics? How long have you had the wig and how is it holding up?

I'd love to get you ladies opinions/suggestions. Thanks dolls!

thickness

Most of these pop up wig/weave companies use Aliexpress as their vendor and then ridiculously mark up the price for average looking wigs. Your best bet is to make the wig yourself. Go to aliexpress, look at the reviews for the hair you are looking for, and order a bundle deal that includes the closure piece. They sell the wig caps and all the supplies you need at the beauty supply store. fabulasityisme and thomasadrianna have very good wig making tutorials on youtube. They both have used hair from aliexpress and the beauty supply store. Personally, I would not pay over $200 for ANY type of hair/wig unit. The weave industry is over saturated with sub-par hair that is nothing like it used to be years ago. And like I said before, most of these weave/IG boutiques use aliexpress for a vendor source.

If you are unsure about making your own wig, start off with some cheap BSS hair until you feel comfortable. Hope this helps. :yep:

SuchaLady

I also agree with thickness. Just make it yourself. It's custom to your hair and its needs then anyway.

Bunnyhaslonghair

Ebonics Queen
I don't know much about wigs, but I would wait until Shirley posts a tutorial and then do whatever she does. :lol:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fAcsE7WPg4Q

She wears some of the most natural looking wigs I've ever seen on the Internet.

Shirley is my girl crush. This video ALMOST has me wanting to try to make a u-part. Lol. It's a shame too because I have some Brazilian hair just sitting in a drawer for almost a year now.

enscott14

Most of these pop up wig/weave companies use Aliexpress as their vendor and then ridiculously mark up the price for average looking wigs. Your best bet is to make the wig yourself. Go to aliexpress, look at the reviews for the hair you are looking for, and order a bundle deal that includes the closure piece. They sell the wig caps and all the supplies you need at the beauty supply store. fabulasityisme and thomasadrianna have very good wig making tutorials on youtube. They both have used hair from aliexpress and the beauty supply store. Personally, I would not pay over $200 for ANY type of hair/wig unit. The weave industry is over saturated with sub-par hair that is nothing like it used to be years ago. And like I said before, most of these weave/IG boutiques use aliexpress for a vendor source.

If you are unsure about making your own wig, start off with some cheap BSS hair until you feel comfortable. Hope this helps. :yep:

This is awesome advice! I have never made a wig before, but it's worth trying on some cheap hair like you suggested. I'll look at some tutorials and give it a try! Thanks!

enscott14

Shirley is my girl crush. This video ALMOST has me wanting to try to make a u-part. Lol. It's a shame too because I have some Brazilian hair just sitting in a drawer for almost a year now.

I love Shirley, she is beyond fabulous! I didn't know she made her own wigs! Wow! Yeah, looks like the most natural looking wigs are the ones that are made by the person wearing them. I'm going to give it a try! Thanks!

CodeRed

So let me just preface this by saying I know nothing - absolutely nothing - about wigs/weaves/fake hair in general but I thought about this thread when I stumbled across this website:

http://braids4grow.blogspot.com/2011_02_01_archive.html

I linked it to the specific page I was looking at so those entries are older but she still currently uses wigs to grow her hair out and they look pretty realistic. Maybe it would be helpful...

ikandi87

This! Dont waste ur time on ig hair "companies". Do u research please! Ur budget is a major factor as well as timeline. Visit aliexpress on the 11th, they're having a sale on hair. I will be ordering some.