Becoming an Appliance Junkie: How Many Heat Styling Appliances Do You Own?

Blessedhairgro

I was already a product junkie but since my decision to transition to natural I have become quite the styling appliance junkie. Lord, I just don't know what's wrong with me. I started out with a FHI (207 RVI) flatiron and fell in love with the flat ironed look so much that I purchased an additional FHI flatiron (technique series, no temp control but great) as backup in case something happened to the one I had. Okay, that's not the end. I spend way too much time on Folica.com and needless to say I recently purchased a 1 1/2 inch sedu iron (works just as good as the fhi but I just had to have it). I also purchased a new hot tools ionic blow dryer from Folica.com that came with a matching 1 inch flat iron and a hand bag. so now I have 4 flat irons. It's still not over, I also own 3/4, 1 inch and 1 1/2 inch ceramic curling irons and over 5 heat protectants to round it all out:spinning:.

Am I the only heat styling appliance junkie or are there more of you out there? How many heat styling appliances do you own and are you planning to purchase more?:grin:

seymone

I was an appliance junkie for a month.. I bought the T3flat iron, T3 featherweight blow dryer, professional hair steamer, 3 hooded dryers (includes my beloved pibbs), and the next purchase will be the T3 marcel curling iron...

bellesocialite

I have an Andis flat iron, a blowdryer (I forgot the brand), Revlon curling iron (haven't used this in about 2 years and I don't plan on using it anytime soon), a Vidal Sassoon Steam Setter and a Gold N Hot hooded dryer. A Remington T Studio blow dryer will be my next purchase.

HoneyDew

Okay don't laugh at me yall.

I have a Rusk Hyperionic Blowdryer and an Andis Blowdryer (don't really like this one).

I also have a FHI and Solia flatiron. I also have one brand new FHI iron in the box that has never been opened.

I have a TWO Remington T-Studio curling irons. I hardly ever use curling irons but I wanted to have on in the house. I bought one of these but forgot about it and bought another on later. :look: Why didn't I return the 2nd one? Because I have issues.

I also have 2 Cavion Pro flatirons that I am not that fond of. I got them from frizzy 2 silky BOGO FREE. I used one of them for a while before I discovered FHI. I have not used that free one.

I used to have a brand new True Ceramic Pro iron but I gave that one away recently.

I have 3 (YES 3) Soft bonnet dryers, I have the ION and GOLD N HOT space lady dryers and a random one that I got from ebay.

I have one hooded dryer, which I never use since I got the GOLD N HOT space lady dryer.

I have a set of caruso rollers, although those may not count. I have a set of remington hot rollers which I never use - loved them when I had a weave, though.

And I hardly every use any of these things. :look: All I really need is my FHI iron and my GOLD N HOT space lady dryers. Well, I love my RUSK Hyperionic blowdryer - it is the most expensive appliance I own. Other than that, it's all a waste of space and money. :nono:

ravenmerlita

I don't consider myself an appliance junkie but maybe I'm in denial. I have:

- an ionic hard hat dryer
- an ionic blow dryer
- a ceramic T3 flat iron
- heated rag rollers
- heated ceramic rollers
- a soft bonnet dryer
- a gold n' hot conditioning heat cap

I just gave away a chi flat iron, chi blow dryer and ceramic curling iron, so I'm not counting those.

Kurlee

Okay don't laugh at me yall.

I have a Rusk Hyperionic Blowdryer and an Andis Blowdryer (don't really like this one).

I also have a FHI and Solia flatiron. I also have one brand new FHI iron in the box that has never been opened.

I have a TWO Remington T-Studio curling irons. I hardly ever use curling irons but I wanted to have on in the house. I bought one of these but forgot about it and bought another on later. :look: Why didn't I return the 2nd one? Because I have issues.

I also have 2 Cavion Pro flatirons that I am not that fond of. I got them from frizzy 2 silky BOGO FREE. I used one of them for a while before I discovered FHI. I have not used that free one.

I used to have a brand new True Ceramic Pro iron but I gave that one away recently.

I have 3 (YES 3) Soft bonnet dryers, I have the ION and GOLD N HOT space lady dryers and a random one that I got from ebay.

I have one hooded dryer, which I never use since I got the GOLD N HOT space lady dryer.

I have a set of caruso rollers, although those may not count. I have a set of remington hot rollers which I never use - loved them when I had a weave, though.

And I hardly every use any of these things. :look: All I really need is my FHI iron and my GOLD N HOT space lady dryers. Well, I love my RUSK Hyperionic blowdryer - it is the most expensive appliance I own. Other than that, it's all a waste of space and money. :nono:

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!:look: All i have is a CHI Turbo and those salon style stand up on their own sit under dryer.:lachen:

fluffylocks

Naw, i cant hang. Im on a budget right now ( in my dreams though)

I have become an oilsheen junkie though. I have all the products/appliances i need and i love oilsheens as a "hair perfume" & quick/nice shine. But it will be over soon because there isnt that many and i can tell they are going to last a while, especailly since i only use them as hair perfumes

Tommorow im getting Pantene, Palmers & Fantasia IC oil sheens (so if anyone knows that anyone of these stank...let me know. i brought optimum & ors oil sheen --->:perplexed<---)

Nita81

1 1/4" solia flat iron 2" remington flat iron 1" remington flat iron 1" conair curling iron conair waving iron

gimbap

I have:
-1 1/4" Solia Flat Iron
-Gold n Hot Hooded Dryer
-Conair Blow Dryer
-Revlon Ceramic Ion Hot Air Brush
-Vidal Sassoon Steam Rollers Set (I hardly use this anymore, takes too much time)
-Vidal Sasson 1" curling iron (I never use this anymore)

Not that bad, i think! I gave my beloved Andis flat iron away after I purchased my Solia. Now I'm eyeballing the MaxiGlide and the Sedu...I also want a better blowdryer...but I'm trying to be good :angel:

Blessedhairgro

Thanks for your responses ladies:grouphug:! I forgot a few other appliances:
1 Gold n hot hard hat dryer (use only once in a while since I started transitioning)
1 heating cap (forgot the brand)
1 more hot tools blow dryer I've had for 10 years and it still works
3/4 inch conair silver curling iron (don't like it on my hair so I use it on my human hair ponytails)

I have to say out of all my appliances I use the flatirons and ionic blowdrier the most. my favorite out of all my flatirons is my FHI,
I love it :love:!!

glamazon386

I have at least 20 heat appliances in my bathroom. None of which get used anymore since I'm natural. I didn't use them that often the last few years I was relaxed either unless it was on a weave. My mom stole one of my curling irons, a flat iron and a blowdryer.

Last edited:

aziza

I have:
-babyliss flat iron
-Chi blowdryer
-2 curl irons
- Gold N Hot conditioning heat cap
-caruso rollers
-hard hat dryer
-2 revo styler hot air brushes

List of things I want to buy:
-CHI or FHI flat iront
-Steamer
-hood dryer

Blessedhairgro

Wow AZIZA, that is a gorgeous wedding picture in your photo!!!!!
Regarding the flatiron you are considering, I strongly suggest an FHI, it is the absolute best flatiron. I'm transitioning and my last relaxer was January 19th, 2007 so my hair is really coarse right now but this iron makes your hair smooth, straight and shiny and unlike a lot of the chi irons it has variable temperature control and folica.com has them at a great price.

Come on ladies there have to be more of us appliance junkies out there:grin:

HoneyDew

Wow AZIZA, that is a gorgeous wedding picture in your photo!!!!!
Regarding the flatiron you are considering, I strongly suggest an FHI, it is the absolute best flatiron. I'm transitioning and my last relaxer was January 19th, 2007 so my hair is really coarse right now but this iron makes your hair smooth, straight and shiny and unlike a lot of the chi irons it has variable temperature control and folica.com has them at a great price.

Come on ladies there have to be more of us appliance junkies out there:grin:

I think that is a debutante ball. Right aziza?

I agree I love my FHI.

The only thing is that I don't think they work well over the long haul. I have had 2 that work for a long time, but they seem to change in quality. It's like they start getting hotter or something.

I think I am going to try a Sedu next.

scorpian

I was a flat iron junkie until I started using the FHI
I have the Solia, Chi original, Maxiglide, and miniglide
I also have a hair steamer
Hard hat dryer
Hot Rollers
Heating Cap
Babyliss blow dryer
Ion blow dryer
Electric Curling Iron Stove complete with all of the marcel irons
2 regular pressing combs
2 mini pressing combs
Crimping irons from back in the day

sareca

Pibbs 514
Soft bonnet attached to an ionic dryer
Maxiglide
Gold curling iron
Electric pressing comb
ionic dryer with comb attachment

I think that's it...

Blessedhairgro

That is eye opening info about the FHI. I've only had mine for about 4 months and I really hope they last at least 2 years. Thanks Honeydew!!

Everything Zen

I'm fighting the urge for now...

1. FHI Runway
2. ION Soft Bonnet ionic dryer (or as my sweetheart calls it- that dope a$$ space helmet of yours)
3. A few different size curlers (one 2 inch, one 1 inch and a busted 1/2 inch)- yeah it's time to get rid of those

So I was thinking about gettting a caruso curler steamer or the revlon one any suggestions? I was going to buy the Caruso at Sally's a few months back and the woman said they were horrible for your hair but I hear so many rave reviews from the board. What gives? Are there any real drawbacks to steam setting/straightening your hair? Although I have been very good without using direct heat for months invariable I find myself busting out the curling iron every few days to deal with one or two sections of hair in the front that go straight (that's not cool!!!) Do steam setters really work better?