Be Anxious for Nothing--Help Me!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Hi Ladies,

As we approach 2007 I am reminded of a dream I had in 1994. I have only shared this with my mother and husband.

In 1994, I was an 18 year old freshman in college and one night sleeping in my dorm, I dreamt that my mother said to me "You know mom only has 14 more years left here." I didn't like her saying that in my dream.

Of course when I woke up, I calculated 14 years from then which would be 2008. Though I have lived life normally since then, when thoughts of this dream surface, I feel anxious and worried.

The "problem" is that I have had many dreams that have come true in my life. But I don't want that one to come true. All of my dreams don't come true, thank God.

I know that the devil is a liar. My mom told me once that when she was pregnant with me she was playing with a Wija board (young and dumb) and it told her that I would be born dead. But hey, I'm here! So that's encouraging.

Anyway, I would just ask that you ladies pray for my heart and my anxieties. Pray that the Lord would protect my mother. She should have many more healthy and happy years here age wise. I don't expect her to live forever, but I don't want to "know" when she's gonna go either. :nono:

And lastly, as rare as it might be, if anyone has had a similar experience with a bad dream, please offer some insight and/or encouragement.

Thanks!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Supergirl said:
Hi Ladies,

As we approach 2007 I am reminded of a dream I had in 1994. I have only shared this with my mother and husband.

In 1994, I was an 18 year old freshman in college and one night sleeping in my dorm, I dreamt that my mother said to me "You know mom only has 14 more years left here." I didn't like her saying that in my dream.

Of course when I woke up, I calculated 14 years from then which would be 2008. Though I have lived life normally since then, when thoughts of this dream surface, I feel anxious and worried.

The "problem" is that I have had many dreams that have come true in my life. But I don't want that one to come true. All of my dreams don't come true, thank God.

I know that the devil is a liar. My mom told me once that when she was pregnant with me she was playing with a Wija board (young and dumb) and it told her that I would be born dead. But hey, I'm here! So that's encouraging.

Anyway, I would just ask that you ladies pray for my heart and my anxieties. Pray that the Lord would protect my mother. She should have many more healthy and happy years here age wise. I don't expect her to live forever, but I don't want to "know" when she's gonna go either. :nono:

And lastly, as rare as it might be, if anyone has had a similar experience with a bad dream, please offer some insight and/or encouragement.

Thanks!
Oh Honey, fear not...fear not, fear not. For the Lord is not only there but He has much to say of this. Let's begin...

* First of all, dreams come to forwarn and to give us a chance to change the situation.

Remember...

* Hezekiah was given an extension.

Now, take time to go before the Lord and ask Him, "Father what does this mean and how can we make a change."

It's just that simple. Only fear is making this more serious than is has to be. Allow the Lord to show you...change. ;) He will. He always does.

I love precious one. Fear is not who decides or determines this dream. Your faith in God does. So, only believe. ;)

charmingt

I agree with Ms Shimmie. Remember Satan comes to steal, kill and destroy and Jesus said I am come so that you may have life and have it more abundantly. Why would our Lord bring His children thus far to destroy them? Is there anything too hard for God?:) In Luke 10:19 Jesus HIMSELF said, "Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. If your Mom is a born again Christian this applies to her if she has the faith for it. If your faith is stronger then you, as a fellow believer can stand in the gap for her. Place a hedge of protection around your precious Mom in JESUS name.:) :)

cocoberry10

Supergirl said:
Hi Ladies,

Thanks!

I actually had a bad dream about my mother having a heart attack. I also haven't told anyone except my mother until now.

I am in my 20's still, but when I was in my first year of law school (I just finished), I had a dream that my mother was having a heart attack. I went to school away from home, but I woke up at like 2:00 in the morning and called my mom right then and there. I woke up crying, and called her and told her about my dream.

I do feel that the Lord put this on my heart, b/c my mother needed to change her eating habits and some lifestyle habits (living a stressful life, always helping others, and never saying no were her problem areas). We are blessed to be petite Black women in my family, and even though my mom didn't exercise or watch what she ate, she was still only wearing a size 8-10 amd she was age 50+ (which is really small for someone who doesn't care, she was a 0-4 in her 20's-40's).

I had this dream more than once after that first time I called her. So, maybe the Lord isn't telling you when your mother will pass, but rather informing you about the importance of life. My mother has made more effort to be healthy. Sometimes she falls off the bandwagon, but I know she is more aware. So, rather than worry about when your mother is going to die, remember to appreciate what time you spend with her now. :)

Catina72

Supergirl, I had a terrible dream years ago about my mom dying at a "young age", actually I was about 6 years old. It was wierd because I remember waking up crying and telling my mom about this dream. Although I never had the dream again, I never forgot it. Fast forward to 2004, my mom passed from complications of Lymphoma Dec 27, 2004 and the dream seemed to have come true. Although 57 years old may not be "young age" it was untimely. I pray that this 'nightmare' about your mom is just a terrible dream and that, at the most, it is just a forebearance for her to change her ways or live healthier. Take care.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Catina72 said:
Supergirl, I had a terrible dream years ago about my mom dying at a "young age", actually I was about 6 years old. It was wierd because I remember waking up crying and telling my mom about this dream. Although I never had the dream again, I never forgot it. Fast forward to 2004, my mom passed from complications of Lymphoma Dec 27, 2004 and the dream seemed to have come true. Although 57 years old may not be "young age" it was untimely. I pray that this 'nightmare' about your mom is just a terrible dream and that, at the most, it is just a forebearance for her to change her ways or live healthier. Take care.

Dang! That's awful :( I'm very sorry to hear that and yes 57 to me is an age where there should still be some good years left. Heck, my mom is 61.

Thanks for sharing, sweetie.

Nella

I pray that all of our families live a long life. Don't fear but, trust in the Lord that everything will be okay. I know its hard but, tomorrow is not promised to anyone so as family and friends we need to make it a priority to show our loved ones how much they mean to us.

Blessings,

live2bgr8

charmingt said:
I agree with Ms Shimmie. Remember Satan comes to steal, kill and destroy and Jesus said I am come so that you may have life and have it more abundantly. Why would our Lord bring His children thus far to destroy them? Is there anything too hard for God?:) In Luke 10:19 Jesus HIMSELF said, "Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. If your Mom is a born again Christian this applies to her if she has the faith for it. If your faith is stronger then you, as a fellow believer can stand in the gap for her. Place a hedge of protection around your precious Mom in JESUS name.:) :)

AMEN!!! May you and your family be blessed. :)

gn1g

Hey SG, never fear God is always near.

I would like to suggest a book by Dr. D. K. Olukoya called victory over Satanic Dreams. He is a mighty prayer warrior. Also Satan can use dreams as a weapon but God says no weapon formed against u shall prosper.

Once when I was in college I dreamt that my mother was dead, the dirty was thrown over her body and the grave was shaped just like her. I cried for days. (When I think about it today I tear up.) I was afraid to go to sleep again and I called several times a day until I went home. I ran home after my last class on a Thursday, I just had to see her with my own eyes.

But what that dream meant was an end to her mothering role in my life. I didn't need as much mothering anymore we were becoming more like friends or sisters. She always going to be Mom but I didn't have to tell her everything and depend on her for everything anymore.

Shimmie

Staff member
Supergirl, I have a word...

Acts 27:14-20

“I urge you to take heart, for there will be no loss of life among you.”

The apostle Paul when their ship was in the midst of a serious storm) told them that an angel had appeared to him and told him not to be afraid, and that...

“God has granted you all those who sail with you.”

Preciious sister, my heart never left you in loving prayers...;)

star

As I read your post in my spirit I know this will not happen. God allow this to happen to show how the enemy can kill you through worry and anxiety for something that will never take place. Worry brings on stress and causes many to lose their mind, drink, do drugs and list goes on and on. This is what I hear God telling me to tell you whenever you have a dream turn it completely over to Him whether it is good, bad or ugly and do not nurse or rehearse it. God uses people like you through dreams and devil knows this so he is trying to turn your blessing into a curse like he does with all of us. Also, God wants you to anoint your head before you go to bed in Jesus Name(say it out loud). The enemy as you already know tries to get you and consume through your thoughts so use a weapon of your warfare by covering yourself in the name of Jesus especailly your forehead each and every day. Be encourage in the Lord and we rebuke the devour in Jesus name knowing that "no weapon formed against you shall be able to prosper".

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Thank you and God bless you Star & Shimmie, my wonderful encouragers. I have found comfort in what you ladies posted. God is getting the glory out of this! Yes yes yes!

Shimmie

Staff member
Supergirl said:
Thank you and God bless you Star & Shimmie, my wonderful encouragers. I have found comfort in what you ladies posted. God is getting the glory out of this! Yes yes yes!
Amen....to God be the Glory, forever and ever...Amen.

Love you, precious sister...

Country gal

I had a dream that my brother and I were outside my grandparents home crying. I was comforting my brother. I remember us wearing white. I had this dream before my mom told me she was diagnosed with cancer. My mother ended up losing her 18 month battle with cancer. She died in my grandparents house surrounded by family. I went outside to leave to go to the store but I was told she had died. Everyone was outside crying. I was consoling my little brother.

I sometimes dream of my mom. In the dreams she is still alive but never dead. In the dream I am aware she has cancer or an illness but she is alive. I don't have these dreams often but every now and again.I dreamed of my mom a lot when I was pregnant.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Country gal said:
I had a dream that my brother and I were outside my grandparents home crying. I was comforting my brother. I remember us wearing white. I had this dream before my mom told me she was diagnosed with cancer. My mother ended up losing her 18 month battle with cancer. She died in my grandparents house surrounded by family. I went outside to leave to go to the store but I was told she had died. Everyone was outside crying. I was consoling my little brother.

I sometimes dream of my mom. In the dreams she is still alive but never dead. In the dream I am aware she has cancer or an illness but she is alive. I don't have these dreams often but every now and again.I dreamed of my mom a lot when I was pregnant.

I'm terribly sorry to hear that. I can't imagine. I know we all must go some time, but to watch a loved one (your MOTHER of all people) suffer has to be horrible. I don't know how long it's been since this, but I hope that little by little, day by day, your heart has been comforted more and more. Again, I'm so sorry. :kiss:

GlamourGirl

star said:
As I read your post in my spirit I know this will not happen. God allow this to happen to show how the enemy can kill you through worry and anxiety for something that will never take place. Worry brings on stress and causes many to lose their mind, drink, do drugs and list goes on and on. This is what I hear God telling me to tell you whenever you have a dream turn it completely over to Him whether it is good, bad or ugly and do not nurse or rehearse it. God uses people like you through dreams and devil knows this so he is trying to turn your blessing into a curse like he does with all of us. Also, God wants you to anoint your head before you go to bed in Jesus Name(say it out loud). The enemy as you already know tries to get you and consume through your thoughts so use a weapon of your warfare by covering yourself in the name of Jesus especailly your forehead each and every day. Be encourage in the Lord and we rebuke the devour in Jesus name knowing that "no weapon formed against you shall be able to prosper".

Star thanks for posting this. Your post was a blessing to me. It's amazing how God can use different avenues to speak to your heart, and you have spoken to mind. Exactly what I needed to hear!

Supergirl I am praying that God gives you peace.

"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus"~ Philippians 4:7.

Shimmie

Staff member
Country gal said:

I'm sorry that your mom passed away. Yet as I read that this was you, I couldn't help buth think, 'who better for your mom to have had in her life, than you as her daughter.' I believe that she was placed here on earth, to bring forth a gift such as you. God could trust no other to it, so perfectly as your mom.

God bless you, child of love,

star

GlamourGirl said:
Star thanks for posting this. Your post was a blessing to me. It's amazing how God can use different avenues to speak to your heart, and you have spoken to mind. Exactly what I needed to hear!

Supergirl I am praying that God gives you peace.

"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus"~ Philippians 4:7.
God bless and to God be the glory. This is why I love Him so he never makes a mistake.

star

Supergirl said:
God is good and he has great, great things for you life. People God gives visions to is people He can trust just gurard your gift. Love you and still praying for you.