Bantu Knot Set

I have my bantu knots in tonite. We'll see how they turn out! I can't wait!
tongue.gif

WildFlower, your hair looks great. Next time I try this style I will try it on airdryed hair and with less knowts. Thanks for posting the pics. It looks really simple.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Hope it works out for you.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

take pics please
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

take pics please
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I'll take pics! I should be taking them down in about 30 minutes.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

take pics please
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I'll take pics! I should be taking them down in about 30 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
My set turned out awful! I will have to try it again on "fresh hair." So no pics to share!

[/ QUOTE ]
ohwell.gif

ahhh hairlove your my only hope for a good bantu knot set...its like if you can do it , i know i can do it lol.....what do you think made it go wrong?

Irresistible,

Possibly b/c I did it on 4 day old hair. So, my hair came out kind of sticky from the moisturizing sprays I use every day. I'll have to do it on freshly washed hair next time.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Irresistible,

Possibly b/c I did it on 4 day old hair. So, my hair came out kind of sticky from the moisturizing sprays I use every day. I'll have to do it on freshly washed hair next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh ok girl

I'm gonna try these tonite after my wash. Cant wait to see results. If they look wack, I'll be sweating them out at the gym tomorrow morning anyway!

Wild Flower, I was going to comment in your fokti gallery...but I dunno it wouldn't work for some reason. Anyway...thanks for showing this method step by step.
smile.gif
I am going to sport bantu knots and braidouts all Summer. This is a great look on you.

thank you erica78, I'm learning it all with Don't speak defeat. I love her how to's and I decided to share some of the things that worked for me with you folks.

Don't Speak Defeat, I figured out that if you want tight curls, do about 10 or more twists, but if you want loose waves do only 4 to 6 on dry hair. I prefer loose waves to curls, that's why I do it on air dried hair.

Hairlove, practice makes perfect. at first my set looked awful, and yes, it does look bad when the hair has a lot of product buildup. I did another set today and it didn't turn out as good because my hair was heavy with so many products being acumulated during the week.

[ QUOTE ]
Wildflower said:
thank you erica78, I'm learning it all with Don't speak defeat. I love her how to's and I decided to share some of the things that worked for me with you folks.

Don't Speak Defeat, I figured out that if you want tight curls, do about 10 or more twists, but if you want loose waves do only 4 to 6 on dry hair. I prefer loose waves to curls, that's why I do it on air dried hair.

Hairlove, practice makes perfect. at first my set looked awful, and yes, it does look bad when the hair has a lot of product buildup. I did another set today and it didn't turn out as good because my hair was heavy with so many products being acumulated during the week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you!

I am def. looking for looser curls. I think I may try this one next time I wash my hair! Hopefully I will have the courage to post pics of my results!

Thank you caramelhonee. I'm just taking out a set that I did on freshly washed hair, with 9 twists and hair not completely dry. if it comes out half way decent i'll post pics in a minute.

No, i wasn't able to. I'm currently sporting a homemade wash and set (my hair is out for the first time in a longggg time
laugh.gif
) My girlfriend had invited me to her birthday dinner party and since she was doing her hair like that, i was not able to 'copy' her.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
The nerve of some ppl
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Cat_Eyed_Cutie said:
Hairlove, L.mo how were the results???

[/ QUOTE ]

I echo the following:

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
My set turned out awful! ...So no pics to share!

[/ QUOTE ]

The curls turned out WAAAYYY too tight for my liking. My fiance said that I looked like a mad scientist!!
laugh.gif
I had to go to the store and didn't have time to fix it, but found that the rain helped loosen the curls a bit. It was tolerable by the end of the day. I'll try it again -- maybe on drier hair, or I'll do fewer knots. I did about 10 knots last time on sopping wet hair. Also, I let them dry completely before taking them out. Some people have suggested letting the waves hang a bit to finish drying. That seems like a good idea!

This was probably already mentioned but what did Wildflower put in her hair during knotting?

P.S. Thank goodness we don't work together. We'd all come into the office with the same hairstyle like we were part of a singing group. LOL.

[ QUOTE ]
LorraineG said:
This was probably already mentioned but what did Wildflower put in her hair during knotting?

P.S. Thank goodness we don't work together. We'd all come into the office with the same hairstyle like we were part of a singing group. LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

lachen70.gif

[ QUOTE ]
L.Mo. said:
[ QUOTE ]
Cat_Eyed_Cutie said:
Hairlove, L.mo how were the results???

[/ QUOTE ]

I echo the following:

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
My set turned out awful! ...So no pics to share!

[/ QUOTE ]

The curls turned out WAAAYYY too tight for my liking. My fiance said that I looked like a mad scientist!!
laugh.gif
I had to go to the store and didn't have time to fix it, but found that the rain helped loosen the curls a bit. It was tolerable by the end of the day. I'll try it again -- maybe on drier hair, or I'll do fewer knots. I did about 10 knots last time on sopping wet hair. Also, I let them dry completely before taking them out. Some people have suggested letting the waves hang a bit to finish drying. That seems like a good idea!

[/ QUOTE ]

Tight curls you say huh...just the look I'm after, I think I'll try a bantu set this Friday after I wash.
driver.gif
off to Walmart to pick up some mousse...

If you want it curly, you may try doing double stranded twists then wrap the twist around itself and secure with a bobby pin.
If you want it more wavy, just take the section of hair and twist it around itself and secur ewith a bobby pin.
You may do it on dry or wet hair...I find mine come out better on wet hair and my ends curl more...b/c my hair takes a while to dry, I try to do them either earlier in the day or make sure that I have at least an hour or two the next day b/f I take them out...and voila - I get a great curly do!

You may also try flat twisting from the front to the back and then wrapping the end of each twist around itself and secure with a bobby pin - this produces a great curly/wavy look (depending how many flat twists you do) too - and is quick and easy.

Although I'm natural, I think it will work for relaxed 4a/b hair.

Hope this helps!

Back