Bantu Knot OUT(pics and how to)

Innocent_Kiss

After seeing gabulldawg's bantu knot set I HAD to try it. I'm trying out protective/low manipulation styles that don't require direct heat. Plus, I'm trying to stretch my relaxer to 8-10 weeks (instead of my normal 6 week touch ups).

Pre styling
1. I cowashed my hair
2. Towel blotted
3. added Profectiv BreakFree and detangled with wide tooth comb
4. added castor oil to my ends

Styling
1. Parted my hair down the middle
2. Secured one section with scrunchie
3. Parted hair, starting from the back
4. Made about 16 bantu knots (reapplied water as needed)

Overnight
1. Wrapped hair with satin scarf

Finishing touches
1. Untangled bantu knots
2. Finger combed
3. Sprayed a little ORS oil sheen

I can't believe how defined my texture was! This beats twist outs and braid outs by a BILLION. I have a pic of the bantu knots and the aftershot. I did the set so sloppy because I thought it would have to comb my hair out and put it in a ponytail by morning, so I didn't take my time parting or anything. I'm sure if I took my time and twisted the roots more tightly, they'd come out even better. It took about 15 minutes to do, too.

Ok, well it didn't let me upload the files (they were too big)
go to my fotki album http://fotki.com/ebstresses and click on the album THE BEGINNING

NYAmicas

Seeker
:grin:It looks really pretty.
I was pleasantly surprised at how simple this is (simple if I can do it) and the results. Im about 8-9 weeks right now and I've been doing knots for the past few days but now Im dealing with a lot of new grownth in the middle of my head and it just seems to make my hair very tangled by the end of the day.:perplexed

luvmesumhair

It looks cute on you. I am still trying to perfect it. I thought mines came out a hot mess!:lachen: I noticed you mentioned about doing it on wet hair? I did mines on dried hair.

Innocent_Kiss

Yup, I do it on wet hair. Trying to set on dry hair never really worked for me.

Oh, and detangling, I'm assuming, will work like any other time. I usually wet and coat my hair with a conditioner and use a wide tooth comb to detangle (from tips to roots). Or I'll moisturize and detangle with a wide tooth.