Votes: 30 40.5%
  • No.

Votes: 41 55.4%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nappy_in_the_City

I love bangs but haven't tried them on my natural hair. I'm too scaredy!

But! I've been trying to the "natural front hump style" and OMG I don't know how you ladies get it so smooth and uniform. I end up looking a hot mess!

I got bangs when i was wearing my hair straight before i even thought about wearing my hair in its natural state... so its kinda hard to style them bec the girl who did it cut them really short like above my eyebrow and they were A symmetrical as opposed to side swept.. yeah bad news.. anywho i plan on keeping them just growing them out some.. i think it adds a little extra something especially since i always part my hair on the side

cluelezz

I have unintentional bangs. The front just refuses to grow and I hate it, but I think it works on other people.

FindingMe

I have bangs cut intentionally in my hair. worn when my hair is coily, they reach my eyebrows. when straightened, they have to be swooped to the side a little bc they are in my eyes/reach my nose. it's fine bc I rarely wear my hair straightened anyway. they are also still long enough/able to be slicked back/put in puffs without issue:

coily:

straightened:

puff:

BlkOnyx488

I am discovering that my bangs are 4a with 3c tendencies they hang down, while the rest of my hair has zero hang time.

If I ever did bangs on purpose they would be long bangs like at least chin length

silenttullip

I use to cut mine when I flat ironed but didn't wear them out unless its a twist out. Now I just let them grow cause I don't like how they look too much

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
everybody knows that i always have bangs, when i was natural i wore my bangs in my face everydayyyy, and i still do, i love bangs. not many blk girls over here are rockin bangs so i kinda stand out

I have bangs cut intentionally in my hair. worn when my hair is coily, they reach my eyebrows. when straightened, they have to be swooped to the side a little bc they are in my eyes/reach my nose. it's fine bc I rarely wear my hair straightened anyway. they are also still long enough/able to be slicked back/put in puffs without issue:

coily:

straightened:

puff:
http://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv96/FindingMe/?action=view&current=100_6642.jpg

I Love your layers they're so pretty!! I want some.. :perplexed

everybody knows that i always have bangs, when i was natural i wore my bangs in my face everydayyyy, and i still do, i love bangs. not many blk girls over here are rockin bangs so i kinda stand out

Pssh!! Every black girl in my city has "china" bangs and I'm mad because I really wanted some.. Im just gonna have to do it better i guess :grin:

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!

coily:

straightened:

puff:

WOW!!! I love you hair! How do you achieve the coil look is that just a wash and go?

jupitermoon

This thread is old but I finally got bangs cut on July 1 of this year and I love them.

I really like bangs. I had them most of my childhood and on and off during my teen years. I look best with hair framing my face. Straight bangs are high maintenance for me but wearing bangs in their naturally curly state is fine. The secret for tightly curly hair is to cut the bangs at about chin length:

Wet and add a little conditioner. Add a little gel afterwards if you want. Then let them air dry:

^^^Cover or sleep with them out at night. If my bangs are a little wet I sleep with them out so I won't smash the curls. Curly/natural bangs look great when the hair is worn down. I like the look of curls framing the face.

hannan

BUMP! :lol:

I've had the extreme urge to cut bangs lately. My front section is really loose and wouldn't be much different between curly and straight. AHH, I'm so conflicted! I hope you ladies who are reading this talk about your bangs and talk me on/off the bang ledge. :lol:

Aviah

I wouldn't! Its too much to keep it straight, and I hate curly bangs. My hair is most often in a non-flat ironed state anyway.

Bun Mistress

I have been thing about bangs. Mostly b/c when my hair is pulled back I think my face just looks naked 9I think I've had my hair down too much).

I have acutally consider faux bangs