Banana hair clips

wow this has been bumped hardcore :lol: but i still would like some responses too. the past few months i've just been twisting my hair then cliping it to the rest of my hair to make it stay in place. nothing special.

The pic you posted isn't called a banana clip.... so I'm confused, is this the clip you're trying to figure out how to do buns with or is it actually another type of clip>?

nope, that's not a banana clip. I will be right back!

ETA

This is a banana clip

abananand1.gif

you clip it over your hair as if you were making a ponytail, then you slide it to the ends of your hair and roll it up until you get to the scalp and pin in place. I don't think I would do this though. They have foam pieces, like you use for the donut bun that are straight and not circular. I would use that for an elongated bun.

Last edited:
I knew I wasnt goin crazy because I style my hair in a banana clip often and mine didnt look like the pic she posted.

ThursdayGirl said:
Its also sometimes called a Ficcare clip or a Concorde clip.

Yes. But Ficcare is the name of a company that makes high quality, rather expensive hair accessories (and hand bags). So, unless you have a beak clip that actually comes from them, it's not a Ficcare. I don't know anything about Concorde. Is that a company that makes hair accessories as well? Or is that an actual name for this type of clip? I love to hear the names of hair clips/accessories. I used to just call them all hair thingys. :)

Back