Baka Beauty Natural relaxer and Sahara clay

jamaicanadian

Has any one used or heard about these products?

http://www.store.yahoo.com/treasuredlocks/naturalrelaxer.html

http://www.store.yahoo.com/treasuredlocks/saharaclay.html

They claim that the natural relaxer is a all herbal relaxer or more like a texturizer

They also claim its not like rio, copa, naturalaxer.

They also claim it only has one ingredient:

Ground Herb from Daphne Gnidium Shrub

I thinking that is safe to use because it is a herb, but I wanted to get opinions because I'm a natural experience 50% srinkage so I want to achieve more length.

Here's more about the natural relaxer and sahara clay:

Baka Beauty Products International has imported an all natural herbal relaxer and hair treatment to the Western World. Before you order, please read what this "relaxer" is
and what it is not. We believe natural relaxers have gotten a bad rap for two reasons. There have been and there are "natural relaxers" on the market that are not 100% natural. And, there have been unrealistic expectations about what a natural relaxer could do. Baka Beauty Products' Natural-Laxer is 100% natural consisting of a powder from the Daphne Gnidium, an evergreen indigenous to African and the Mediterranean. It works even better when followed up with a Sahara Clay treatment. The Sahara Clay further relaxes the hair and provides a deep cleansing to the hair leaving it silky smooth. The herb used in the natural relaxer is hand picked by workers on donkeys, ground into a fine powder and packaged into one-ounce packages, enough for one application.

What Natural-Laxer Is:
Herbal- contains only one ingredient
Hair strengthener
Opens up curl pattern- relaxes hair
Safe for children
Safe for all hair types- Black, Biracial, Jewish, Italian, Caucasian
Helpful in transition from perm to natural hair-prevents breakage
Growth promoter
Chemical free
Safe for use over chemically treated hair
Gentle hair relaxer
NOT A straightener- will not make your hair "straight" like a chemical relaxer
NOT Harsh- will not burn scalp
NOT Recommended for totally gray, totally white or blonde hair. Salt & Pepper hair is fine. But, it is not recommended for purely light colored hair. See Sahara Clay for an alternative
NOT RioTM, CopaTM, NaturalaxerTM (from African WondersTM)- the Natural-LaxerTM is completely different from these products. Please do not be confused by similar sounding products.

The Natural-LaxerTM will make your hair softer, easier to comb and stronger. Maybe a better term than relaxer would be texturizer. Rather than make your hair straight, the natural relaxer will loosen your natural curl pattern without damaging it. The natural herbal relaxer works well with pressing and prevents reversion. The herbal relaxer works gradually and cumulatively after several applications. Results after the first and second applications will be noticeable, but subtle. Results are faster on finer or softer hair. With subsequent applications, the hair will gradually relax more.

Natural-Laxer is for you if you want to:
Strengthen your hair
Reduce breakage
Ease comb-outs
Make hair more manageable
Avoid putting a perm in a child's hair
Keep your hair natural, but make it more manageable

adrienne0914

i've seen this site before, but i don't know anyone that has tried it. personally, i would let someone else be the guinea pig...

jamaicanadian

thanks for ur opinion Adrienne. I guess I'll have to eventually be my own guinea pig
. I think I might give the baka relaxer a try since it is a herb and not permanent.

Cherrie

I have seen the site also and was thinking about it. you may want to try it on a "section" in the back of your head so that you do not risk your whole head. Please let us know. I have had good luck adding MSM to my CO wash to soften my natual hair.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
It's funny, another person has started the same thread today!

I started a thread about this maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago. A lot of people hadn't tried it yet, they said that it didn't necessarily straighten but it did "relax" the curl. No one had any bad reactions to it like hair falling out and such. I haven't tried it yet, I'm thinking about it but it's a bit expensive and I'm trying to control myself.

If you do a search on here for it, you could see what they said exactly.