Baggie Method Revisited!

Ipanema

I am so excited to have found a drawstring afro puff! I put a new picture of it in my album. It's a bit messy, but I was so eager to try it out, that I just slapped a few cornrows into my head (and then the wind got to it).
Anyway, I'm hoping that I'll be able to avoid split ends & frequent trims (and major frustration) by doing the baggie method for pretty much the whole summer. Is anyone else still doing the baggie method?

Ebony

i know how you feel girl. I myself own 4 drawstrings-just returned from buying my fourth one & have updated pics. I am looking for one with a relaxer/afro mix which has been hard to find. i've finally incorporated the baggie method for a week now & I'm totally addicted. I can't believe I waited so long. My hair is done in 5 minutes now! I thought there was more work involved for some reason. I'm having soooo much fun swoping hair pieces!

G

I've been looking for a "fake" Afro puff like the one you got. Where did you find it? At your local Beauty Supply Store?

fancypants007

Hello all,
This is what i will be doing soon as my hairpieces come in. (I ordered 2, one was a pony wrap, and the other was a clip on hair puff type of hairpiece) I will be following dontspeakdefeat's instructions for doing the baggie trick, which I have never done before, and i'm hoping that this will help me. I just recently starting wearing my hair out, (i've been wearing wigs for soooooo long) but now it's time for me to come out of the wigs. I have been wearing my hair in a bun, but i think it would look better if i had additional hair to highlight or frame my face. Anyhow, i hope it looks good. I want to do my hair once a week and leave the baggie on my hair like i think Adrienne does, only taking my hair down when it's wash day. I'm hoping that i will get some serious hair growth as well as protecting my ends.

Ipanema

Thanks Stephypoo, Soslychic, & Cateyedcutie. Natori, I bought it from a local Asian beauty supply store. They had them lined up on the counter, looking like dead animals (but I did ask them for a packaged one).

Ipanema

[ QUOTE ]
Ebony said:
i know how you feel girl. I myself own 4 drawstrings-just returned from buying my fourth one & have updated pics.

[/ QUOTE ]

I checked out your album. Who knew Jerry Seinfeld could be such a
I'm such a fan of his show, too.

G

[ QUOTE ]
Ipanema said:
Natori, I bought it from a local Asian beauty supply store. They had them lined up on the counter, looking like dead animals (but I did ask them for a packaged one).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I'm going to check the local Asian store. How much did it cost?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Ladies y'all have me wanting to put my hair back up into the phonies. They are so quick and easy. I love them my husband doesn't. He will live!

Boadicea

I'm still doing the baggie method. It's great for the hair. At night, I put my hair in a ponytail, massage some Miss Keys 10 en 1 Super Rinse into my hair, and wrap it in plasticwrap. Leaves my hair soft and supple for days.

KathyMay

since I have this partial weave in my hair the back of my hair is out so I do the baggie method every other night

Trell

I'm running a close second with 3 afro puffs: a small one, a larger one for a "Bush Baby", and one that looks a little like a braid out.

I think I will try the baggie method this summer also on my natural and my daughter's permed hair.