Bad experience at the salon

plumcherry1986

This past Friday, I went to a salon I used to go to years ago. I got a silk wrap. I set the appointment with the owner. First of all she flat ironed the edges of my hair, and then let the shampoo girl do the rest while she (the owner) relaxed another woman's hair (I was annoyed at that because I had an appt with her, not the shampoo girl). And all she did was go straight down my hair with the iron; she did not bump the ends or anything.

On top of that, I was put under the hooded dryer, under more heat for about 5 minutes. After that, the finished product did not look styled or polished, just straight. I did not want to walk out of the salon looking like I didn't go to the salon, so I asked her(the owner) to bump the ends under and make it look nice. So, she went over my hair a second time with the titanium iron. The finished look was nice, but I suspected that they put too much heat on my hair.

My suspicions were confirmed just now. After I rinsed the conditioner from my hair, it smelled burnt, and there are a bunch of straight pieces in the front and the back has a looser curl. My hair is unrecognizable. When I flat iron my hair, it NEVER looks like this. Even as I am typing, all I can smell is burnt hair. They charged me $65 for damaged hair. From now on, I will heat style my hair myself, and only go to the salon for a trim.

I'm pissed. I want to mention the name of the salon I went to. Are we allowed to do that?

ezina

Sorry you experienced that, OP. :(

I would love to know the name of the salon so I may avoid it, especially if it's in NJ (where I'm from).

plumcherry1986

ezina If you are familiar with South Jersey, you may have heard of it. It's called Amavi. It's located in Somerdale.

I forgot to mention that when the person who did my shampoo was flat ironing my hair, she kept stopping to look at Facebook with the receptionist. That, on top of the damage to my hair, is why I will never set foot in that place again.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
How unprofessional! That is horrible. I would have walked out when I saw the shampoo girl was distracted.

Lilmama1011

Makes me scared to ever go back to the salon. I think I will be doing my own hair for rest of my life and my kids until they want to decide. Too many horror stories. But I would only go for a roller set anyways. Sorry for trip though

prettybyrd

I'm sorry your hair is damaged. What an unfortunate, unprofessional experience. Is it so bad that you will have to cut your hair, or can you transition through the heat damage?

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
My salon motto since 2009 has been: Ladies, you must speak up if you disagree with the services that are being provided during a salon visit.

If changes are not made, you need to walk out.

plumcherry1986

I'm sorry your hair is damaged. What an unfortunate, unprofessional experience. Is it so bad that you will have to cut your hair, or can you transition through the heat damage?

Thanks. She actually gave me a cut while I was there, and took off a good bit. So, I won't be cutting it any shorter. I'm just going to try more deep conditioning and try to lay off the heat and see where it goes from there :ohwell:.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Sorry OP this happened to you. Please keep us posted on your hair recovery.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Get some aphogee 2-step or Nexxus Emergencee quick. It may help with the damage later. I'm sorry this happened to you, but this is the exact reason I don't go to the salon. People are just so disrespectful.

Please excuse my iPhone

Cocoloves

It is amazing what I have put up with at a hair salon only to pay them afterwards because I was desperate for a touch-up! Now that I am natural, I too do my own hair other the occasional visit to the barber. This is one of the reasons I went natural.

BostonMaria

OP I'm so sorry this happened to you. Next time please speak up. I had one shampoo girl attempt to detangle my hair with a brush! To make it worse, she rinsed all the conditioner out. I threatened to walk out and the owner finished doing my hair. I never went back after that. These people are crazy.

Try deep conditioning heavily for the next 4-6 weeks. If you're not protein sensitive, try an aphogee treatment. Good luck!!!

Lita

Sorry to hear this...Baby your hair (be really gentle), weekly for the entire month & incorporate some protein.Keep us posted..

Happy Hair Growing!