Back to School Prayers

HeChangedMyName

It has come that time of year when our kids. . .and some of us are going back to school. I can't speak for the public school systems everywhere, but I know that in my area, it isn't exactly up to the standards that I would like. I spend quite a bit of time and money supplementing my children's education because the schools just aren't capable for either qualifications are not very high or the money isn't available for them to hire teachers who are qualified to teach better and who have more experience.

Anyway. I would like to ask all of you mothers, aunts, sisters, girl friends and any one else to join me in praying for our children and our school systems. At this point hard work and prayer are the only things that will help our children graduate from the public school system prepared for college and beyond. So stop by and post your children's school names if you like, dates of school, or whatever you want. and we can all pray. for the Bible says "The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."

HeChangedMyName

My 9 yr old son will be starting 4th grade this fall on August 25, my four year old is on the waiting list to start pre-k. Please pray for him to get to that top of that list within at least the first week of school or for some room to be made so that he can start on day one. Also pray that the teachers go into the school with the plan, capability, mission, and patience to not only teach the children the curriculum, but to care enough to go above and beyond what the curriculum requires. I pray that my children will be eager and hungry to learn and interested enough to want to ask questions about what they are learning.

In Jesus name, Amen

Renovating

Great thread Supernova!
I was wondering what happened to you. I really miss your thoughtful posts. (Before I joined, I read a lot your posts here and they really made me think about a lot things and inspired me.

I will be praying with you. My son, age 7, will start second grade this year.

Heavenly Father, I pray that the children will respect those in authority over them according to Romans 13:1, and desire the right friends and be protected from wrong friends according to Proverbs 1:10-11. Lord, I ask that they will be hedged in so they cannot find their way to wrong people or wrong places and that the wrong people cannot find their way to them. I bind the spirit of laziness and I ask that you please give our children the desire to do their work with a spirit of excellence.
In the name of Jesus Amen.

Renovating

My 9 yr old son will be starting 4th grade this fall on August 25, my four year old is on the waiting list to start pre-k. Please pray for him to get to that top of that list within at least the first week of school or for some room to be made so that he can start on day one. Also pray that the teachers go into the school with the plan, capability, mission, and patience to not only teach the children the curriculum, but to care enough to go above and beyond what the curriculum requires. I pray that my children will be eager and hungry to learn and interested enough to want to ask questions about what they are learning.

In Jesus name, Amen

Supernova, please do a search on charter schools in your area for your four year old. I know that the school systems vary from state to state, but here in Texas there are some great pre-K3 and pre-K4 programs in charter schools.

Prudent1

What an excellent post! I have several prayers I would like to share with you all to pray over our kids and for the kids themselves to pray or confess. Thanks for posting!!

Prayer for Our Children in School

Heavenly Father, I come to You in the Name of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I ask You to forgive me, all my family, all my classmates, my teacher(s) Mr./Mrs. _______ and _______ , my principle Mr./Mrs. _______, and all my friends for all of our sins and cleanse us of all unrighteousness. Heavenly Father, I ask You to loose your angels into our homes, school buses, schools, and playgrounds to force out all of satan’s demonic spirits and strongmen and to force them to go wherever You wish to send them. Heavenly Father, I ask You to cover me, my classmates, teachers, principal, school, home, playground, and family with the blood of Jesus Christ to protect us. I ask You to loose Your angels around us to protect us and guard us from the enemy. Heavenly Father, I ask You to bless me and every person I have prayed for today in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen!

Last edited:

Prudent1

Parents Prayer For a Loved One That is a Teenager

Heavenly Father, in the Name of Jesus, I affirm Your Word over my child/children. I commit ___________, my child/children; to You and affirm Your Word over them from Isaiah 54:13 that tells me my children shall be taught by the Lord and great shall be the peace of my children. I thank You that You deliver ____,____out of rebellion into right relationship with us, his/her parents. In Exodus 20:12, Your Word teaches us that the first commandment given with a promise is to the child who obeys his/her parents in the Lord. Father, You said in Deuteronomy 5:16 that all will be well with my child/children and ____,_____will live long on the earth. I affirm this promise on behalf of my child/children, asking You to give ____ ,______, an obedient spirit that he/she may honor his/her father and mother. Father, forgive me for mistakes made out of my own hurts or selfishness, which may have caused __________ hurt. I ask full and true repentance for the mistakes I have made in raising my children. I release the anointing that is upon Jesus to bind up and heal our broken hearts and the broken hearts of our children. Give us the ability to understand and forgive one another as God has forgiven us. Thank You for the Holy Spirit Who leads us into all truth and corrects any wrong perceptions about past or present situations. Thank You for teaching us to listen to each other and giving _____, _____ an ear that hears admonition, for then he/she will be called wise. I affirm that I will speak kind, excellent and Godly things and that any words coming out of my mouth will be the right words and will be used for Your glory Lord Jesus (Colossians 3:21). Father, I promise to train and teach ____, ______ in the way that he/she is to go, and when ____ ,______ is old he/she will not depart from You Lord, but will follow You all the days of his/her life. In the Name of Jesus, I command the spirit of rebellion to be far from the heart of my child and confess that he/she is willing and obedient, free
to enjoy the reward of Your promises. I ask that ______,____ shall be peaceful, and a blessing to others. Father, according to Your Word we have been given the ministry of reconciliation, and I release this ministry and the word of reconciliation into this family. I refuse to provoke or irritate or belittle my child; I will not be hard on _____, _____or require perfection lest he/she becomes discouraged, feeling inferior and frustrated. I will not break his/her spirit, in the Name of Jesus and by the power of the Holy Spirit. Father, I forgive my child for the wrongs he/she has done and stand in the gap until he/she begins to understand Your love and Your grace causing them to come out of the spirit of rebellion which is the snare of the enemy (Ephesians 6:1-3). We should not abandon hope in Your love and commitment to all Your creation. We know You Jesus, died for our children, even before they were born. Although It may seem to us that our children’s journey into selfishness, self-destruction and the world is never-ending, God we know You are at work in our children’s lives in ways we may never understand. We ask you, Heavenly Father, for a quiet assurance that this process of conversion will take place and the inner peace that only You, Lord Jesus can give us, will now manifest in our lives, in the Name of Jesus. Help us to be strong like Mary, the mother of Jesus, as she wept and felt deep pain as she witnessed her Son’s journey knowing God’s plan; as You knew Your plans for our children, even before they were born (Jeremiah 1:2). Help us O Lord, to know and understand that we must let God control difficult situations and always be mindful to trust You. Heavenly Father, help us to remember always that our children have belonged to you from the beginning. Help us Lord to understand that we are here to nurture them and guide them in Your ways while they are in our care. Lord, we have been mindful to raise them up in the way they should go, having made some mistakes of the flesh as we are not perfect. We did what we thought was right at the time and we know that you, Lord, know our heart and honors that effort. It is so difficult, Lord, to understand them and to be the way they would like us to be. Even though it is difficult to understand we continue giving Glory to You and put our complete trust and expectancy in Your Word. Thank You for reconciling the heart of our rebellious child back to us and our hearts back to our child. We declare the power of the enemy over our children, null and void according to (Psalms 55:12-14). Thank You Lord, for our child/children ____, _____ and for holding each one of them in Your loving hands. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen.

Prudent1

Affirmations to Pray Over Our Children/Grandchildren

Heavenly Father, in the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth; I (we) thank You and praise You for the promises in Your Word concerning my (our) children (grandchildren). I (we) affirm now that all my (our) children (grandchildren) shall be taught of the Lord and great shall be the peace of my (our) children (grandchildren) according to Isaiah 54:13
I (we) thank You and praise You for the Salvation of my (our) children (grandchildren) and pray that they will love the Lord God with all their heart, with all their soul and with all their mind, might and strength and love their neighbor as thyself; according to Your Word in Deuteronomy 6:5, Mark 12:30 and Matthew 22:37-39.
According to Your Word in 2 Corinthians 5:21, my (our) children (grandchildren) are the righteousness of God in Him. And they are the head and not the tail as promised in Deuteronomy 28:13. He who began a good work in my (our) children (grandchildren) will continue it until the days of Jesus Christ, as found in Philippians 1:6.
I (we) thank You, Heavenly Father, that my (our) children
(grandchildren) honor their father and mother according to Deuteronomy 5:16. And I (we) do not provoke my (our) children (grandchildren) to wrath but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord as instructed in Ephesians 6:4. According to Philippians 2:3-4, We pray that nothing will be done by our children (grandchildren) through selfish ambition or conceit. I (we) praise God, the Father in Heaven; that He is able to make all grace abound to my (our) children (grandchildren), that they will always have all sufficiency in all good things, and may have abundance for every good work according to His Word in 2 Corinthians 9:8.
As written in Ephesians 5:17, my (our) children (grandchildren) are not unwise but understand what the will of the Lord is. In Colossians 4:6, the Word says their speech is always with grace, seasoned with salt that they might know how to answer each one. According to Psalms 34:10, my (our) children (grandchildren) seek the Lord and shall not lack any good thing. The Lord pours out His Spirit on my (our) offspring and His Blessing on my (our) descendants as written. In Isaiah 49:25-26, it is written that the Lord contends with those who contend with my (our) children (grandchildren). Heavenly Father, according to Your Word in Psalms 112:2-3; my (our) children (grandchildren) will be mighty on this earth and the generation of the upright will be Blessed and the Lord gives me (us) increase more and more, me (us) and our children (grandchildren). Behold how good and pleasant it is for my (our) children (grandchildren) to dwell together in unity as promised in Your Word in Psalms 133:1. According to Your Word in 2 John 1:2; my (our) children (grandchildren) prosper in all things and are in health, even as their souls prosper.
In 2 Peter 1:3-4, Your divine power has given to my (our) children (grandchildren) all things that pertain to Life and Godliness…and they have been given exceedingly great and precious promises. The Lord blesses my (our) children (grandchildren) and keeps them. He makes His face to shine upon my (our) children and grandchildren and He is gracious unto them. He lifts up His countenance upon them and gives them peace, according to His Word in Numbers 6:23-26.
Thank You Heavenly Father that my (our) children (grandchildren) are kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another as promised in Your Word in Romans 12:10. According to Your Word in 1 John 2:20, my (our) children
(grandchildren) have an anointing from the Holy One and they know all things. To God be the Glory. Amen!

Prudent1

Daily Prayer For A Child

Heavenly Father, I pray that you will forgive me and every member of my family and all of my friends for anything we have done wrong. Lord help me to forgive anyone who may have hurt me and help anyone that I may have hurt or upset to forgive me. Lord, help me to love others and do what you want me to do. Please come into my heart Lord, and wash away my sins. Lord, help my family to be happy and love one another and not be sad or mad at each other. Dear Lord, please take care of my loved ones and protect and love them as they care for me. I thank you for this wonderful day. Please show my family how much You love them and that you will always be there for them. Teach us to always come to you in prayer. Lord, I pray that every member of my family and all of my friends will accept You into their hearts so that they will go to heaven.
Lord Jesus, heal the sick so they will live a long, happy and healthy life. Lord, keep every member of my family, principals, teachers, friends, classmates, and pets safe from any harm or evil. Help me Lord to get good grades in school. Lord Jesus, I pray you protect the President, the leaders of our country and state, and their families. Lord, keep our pastors, firemen, policemen, ambulance drivers, emergency workers and all the soldiers, safe as they do their jobs. I pray for the poor and hungry. Send people to help them and give them a place to sleep, and if they are sick please make them well and feel better. Lord I ask you to visit the sick in the hospitals and prisons, please heal them, and tell them about Your Son, Jesus Christ. Lord Jesus, I ask you to bless everyone that I have prayed for today and send Your mighty angels to protect all of us. Please help us to know you better, Lord Jesus, and have more of you Lord, in our hearts. I pray Lord, that you will be with everyone that I have prayed for today so they will be able to know and love You the way I love You. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen

PRAYER FOR YOUTH AND TEENAGERS TO PRAY

Heavenly Father, I know Lord Jesus that You are My Lord and my King, and You intercede for me. You are a loving and forgiving God and I ask You Lord to forgive me for all my sins and any un-forgiveness that I may have in my heart. I ask You Lord to forgive me for not always making You a priority in my life. I know You are strong and I need Your help right now. I am being tempted to do things that are not good for me. Give me strength to say no to these pressures. Help me to find good and Godly things to keep me busy in place of the things that my friends want me to do. You are my strength, Lord. I know, Lord, that You understand all the temptations that face teenagers today and what it will take to keep me from being lured in the wrong direction. So, Lord, I trust in You to know my heart and keep me from these worldly traps. Help me Lord to receive fully, with understanding, Your Word in James 1:3-4, so that when my faith is tested, my endurance has a chance to grow. I know that You will guide me along the right pathway for my life and that You will advise me and watch over me. I know Lord that You are my counselor and that I should always depend on You. I am in need of Your guidance. I don’t know what to do (Psalm 32:8). Help me to do what You want done in all situations that I, as a teenager must face. Please Lord, put godly people in my path to show me the steps I need to take. I know Lord that there are friends who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother (Proverbs 18:24). I ask You, Lord to help me find the kind of Christian friends that will be closer than a brother. Help me Lord to be the kind of friend to others that I would want for myself. Open my eyes to see the good qualities in people around me. There are so many questions that I need to ask and I am torn between finding the truth, and having a good time and keeping my friends. I want to do the right thing instead of wearing a mask and being a phony just to be popular. Heavenly Father, I ask for You to show me Your Face when I feel like giving up. Remind me of Your unconditional love when I seem to have no hope in me. I know Lord that You will continue the battle for me when I can’t. I want to learn to cling to You when I am going in the wrong direction. Help me to keep my thoughts on You when I become weak. Help me to continue to praise You during these low times. I thank You, Heavenly Father, for reaching down into my world and drawing me close to You. Thank You for allowing me to soak up Your strength during moments like these. I thank you Lord for never giving up on me, even when I’ve given up on myself. Make me into the worthwhile person you destined me to be. Teach me to know Your Will for my life and to be obedient to You. Do not let anything Lord interfere
with Your destiny for my life. I know You have a great plan for me - help me to find it. I praise You Lord for the comfort that You bring by just listening to me. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen.
Curses

HeChangedMyName

Great thread Supernova!
I was wondering what happened to you. I really miss your thoughtful posts. (Before I joined, I read a lot your posts here and they really made me think about a lot things and inspired me.

I will be praying with you. My son, age 7, will start second grade this year.

Heavenly Father, I pray that the children will respect those in authority over them according to Romans 13:1, and desire the right friends and be protected from wrong friends according to Proverbs 1:10-11. Lord, I ask that they will be hedged in so they cannot find their way to wrong people or wrong places and that the wrong people cannot find their way to them. I bind the spirit of laziness and I ask that you please give our children the desire to do their work with a spirit of excellence.
In the name of Jesus Amen.

In Jesus name, Amen

awww, I feel so loved. I've been around, just cutting back my e-time a bit. . .It was getting in front of my Jesus time, ya know. I'm still here, still standing on the Word and holding out for direction from the Lord.

Supernova, please do a search on charter schools in your area for your four year old. I know that the school systems vary from state to state, but here in Texas there are some great pre-K3 and pre-K4 programs in charter schools.

We have two Charter schools one doesn't have pre-k, the other does, but is full and the one that has pre-k only goes to the third grade. It's really a sad sad state of education here. But. . .prayer changes things and I am looking forward to what God will do.

HeChangedMyName

I really love these prayers Prudent1, are they yours and can I use them elsewhere or did they come from another site that I need to give credit to if I use them elsewhere. I know other parents and would love to share these prayers.

Renovating

These are from the Christian Word Ministries prayer book. There was a thread last year and I ordered some too for myself and my family. You can order it here. It's free and it has prayers for any situation you could possibly face in life.

http://www.christianword.org/php/default.php?page_id=dp

**Prudent1, I saw that you were no longer online and since I have the same book, I thought some more people may be interested in getting one. I hope you do not mind.

Chrissy811

Praying for you ladies and your children and adding myself to list. This is my last semster of grad school!!!

La Colocha

Lord i pray for our children and sisters returning to school, please protect them and keep them out of harms way. I pray that you bless them lord to learn and to excel. I pray for those who are worried and have fear lord be thier rock and thier foundation. In the name of jesus i pray amen.

I will keep you all in my prayers. My little one is starting kindergarden this year.

CinnaMocha

Chiming in...

Lord, as the many of us embark on a new school year, we ask that you be ever present with each passing day. Give the educators the strength needed to teach this young people to become the best that they can be. Upon entering that school thresh hold, open the hearts, minds and spirits of these our your people to learning and where it can take them on their life's journey. Touch the adminstrators of these, our school, so they may do what is right in the sight of children's academic growth. And Lord grant us the wisdom to do what is within our power as the school year progresses and leave everything else up to you Father God. These and all blessing we ask for Lord. Amen

Prudent1

These are from the Christian Word Ministries prayer book. There was a thread last year and I ordered some too for myself and my family. You can order it here. It's free and it has prayers for any situation you could possibly face in life.

http://www.christianword.org/php/default.php?page_id=dp

**Prudent1, I saw that you were no longer online and since I have the same book, I thought some more people may be interested in getting one. I hope you do not mind.

Noooo- that book is awesome!! I posted the link to it somewhere else earlier. :yep: I wish everyone would get several copies!! It has been a big help to me. :grin: