A Question About Dinosaurs?

chicacanella

I have a question. You guys know how much I believe the earnest and effectual prayer of a righteous man availeth much. Well, is it our fault that dinosaurs aren't here anymore or was it just God's will?

From my understanding, when we pray the guideline of the Lord's prayer, we are asking that God's will be done on earth as it already is done in heaven. We are asking that His kingdom, will be manifested on earth.

I was talking to my mom about how dinosaurs are no longer here and I said, "maybe it had something to do with us." There are lots of things that happen on earth that seem like they wouldn't be in God's willl.
So, I see prayer as asking for God's intervention in a situation but I am wondering why the dinosaurs aren't here anymore?

Was it God's will for them to only exist a certain time and no longer or did we somehow do something to make them die off?

Thanks

BeautifulFlower

I believe it may be the will of God. There are tons of exist species. Dinosaurs became exist (according to science) during the Ice Age. We had caves to hide in, they just kind of hung out and died off.

IMO!

divya

Both people and animals were much larger in the past. I believe that a number of creatures that we call "dinosaurs" today were animals that decreased in stature, just as humans have. However, there were some "dinosaurs" that became extinct likely because of the destructiveness of sin. Its effects are everywhere on our earth...

chicacanella

Forgive me if I sound ignorant, but the Bible doesnt talk about dinosaurs right?

I thought it talked about it when Noah was building the ark? Wasn't something helping him with the logs or what not?

Here's a scripture in Job where it is claimed that this was speaking of the dinosaurs?

Look at the behemoth, which I made along with you and which feed on grass like an ox. What strength he has in his loins, what power in the muscles of his belly! His tail sways like a cedar; the sinews of his thighs are close-knit. His bones are tubes of bronze, his limbs like rods of iron. He ranks first among the works of God…"

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Forgive me if I sound ignorant, but the Bible doesnt talk about dinosaurs right?

Chicanella quoted a good scripture in Job.. If you get a chance to read Genesis Chapter 6, it talks about giants in those days who walked among men. There's also the more popular story of David and Goliath of Gath - a man who was nearly 10 feet tall. There were other large creatures, such as the sea dragon:

Psalms 104:26
There the ships go to and fro, and the leviathan, which you formed to frolic there.

Psalms 74:14
It was you who crushed the heads of Leviathan and gave him as food to the creatures of the desert.

HTH

blazingthru

My theory is that they dissapeared after the antedulivian period or after (The Flood). :look:

Yes this is what I believe now they died during the flood. its hard to fathom that they were around during Noah's time but they were, I guess just not near where he was but they have just discovered that they died because of the flood.

blazingthru

Look at the behemoth, which I made along with you and which feed on grass like an ox. What strength he has in his loins, what power in the muscles of his belly! His tail sways like a cedar; the sinews of his thighs are close-knit. His bones are tubes of bronze, his limbs like rods of iron. He ranks first among the works of God…"

I always thought this was the elephant.

Crown

Here's a scripture in Job where it is claimed that this was speaking of the dinosaurs?

I always thought this was the elephant.

His tail sways like a cedar and all the description suggest more a dinosaur than an elephant.

chicacanella

Chicanella quoted a good scripture in Job.. If you get a chance to read Genesis Chapter 6, it talks about giants in those days who walked among men. There's also the more popular story of David and Goliath of Gath - a man who was nearly 10 feet tall. There were other large creatures, such as the sea dragon:

Psalms 104:26
There the ships go to and fro, and the leviathan, which you formed to frolic there.

Psalms 74:14
It was you who crushed the heads of Leviathan and gave him as food to the creatures of the desert.

HTH

I was always wondering about the Leviathan. God asks Job,

Job 41

1 "Can you pull in the leviathan [a] with a fishhook
or tie down his tongue with a rope?
2 Can you put a cord through his nose
or pierce his jaw with a hook?
3 Will he keep begging you for mercy?
Will he speak to you with gentle words?
4 Will he make an agreement with you
for you to take him as your slave for life?
5 Can you make a pet of him like a bird
or put him on a leash for your girls?
6 Will traders barter for him?
Will they divide him up among the merchants?
7 Can you fill his hide with harpoons
or his head with fishing spears?
8 If you lay a hand on him,
you will remember the struggle and never do it again!
9 Any hope of subduing him is false;
the mere sight of him is overpowering. 10 No one is fierce enough to rouse him.
Who then is able to stand against me?

But I am wondering who is this Leviathan? It seems as though some say it is Satan while others say it was an actual creature of the sea.

Avyn

I think that they probably became extinct like other animals have. I don't know whether it was due to man's interference or a natural occurence that altered their habitats but I think the bible does reference them as said in the previous posts. I don't think they would have been left off of the ark if they were alive at that time.