Babyblue

superstar

Hi babyblue I don't mean to call you out like this but I continue to follow you album and your hair is sooooo beautiful. Not trying to sound all sappy but you continue to inspire me on my natural journey. Your length, thickness, and health is what I strive for. I'm pretty close in texture as you and my thickness is getting there I guess I want to know is has your hair always been that healthy. Did you have long hair all your life or since you became natural you had this amazing growth and how do you trim you hair to keep is so even and healthy. Do you use anything to maintain that thickness all of us admire so much? sorry for so many questions but I can't help it I absoutly love your hair, :)

babyblue

Wow thanks to each of you ladies! :D

@superstar,
Right now i can say my hair is the healthiest its ever been in my whole life. Ever since i took charge of my own hair, stopped going to salons, stopped using heat appliances and got over my fear of water touching my head, my hair has done a major turn around. I think in the last 2 yrs i only used a blow dryer twice. last time being around christmas and even then i blew out alternating with a cool/warm setting. I try to dust my ends frequently to keep my ends neat about 1x a month or whenever i can remember. i feel frequent dusting works best for me because it helps me to avoid major trims later on. so far so good its been working well for me. As far as maintaining the thickness the 4 things i cant live without are my big orange wide tooth comb, elucence moisture balance conditioner for detangling, protective styles and lots and lots of moisture.

Queenie

I love babyblue's hair too! I also love most of you who responded to this thread. The rest of you, I will have to take a peak at your hair. :sekret:

thickness

We are hair twins!! Love your length. How long is it stretched and unstreched?
What do you use for detangling? Since DDTA was discontinued, I need a replacement.

babyblue

:::::crawls out of lurk mode:::::::look:

Whats up ladies. I see dahomeyahosi has resurrected this thread from the dead :lol:

thanks for the compliments. i really appreciate it! I put some updates this morning if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

ThursdayGirl

Every time I think about a major cut, I look at your hair...and it keeps the scissors out of mine. You have really beautiful hair!