Ayurvedic Ladies get in here!

IntoMyhair

My hair was white!!!!!

Back ground

I have been sealing all week with vatika oil. Last night i pre poo'ed with amla oil on my length and shikakai oil on my roots. I rubbed it in to loosen up the build up and slept with a plastic cap on my head. I did not get to wash my hair until today more than 24 hours later. I made my powder tea rinse this after noon. My powders where 2 table spoons of amla, 1 table spoon of brahmi, 1 table spoon of aritha powders and 1 tablespoon of baking soda (for extra cleaning) Thanks candyc .

Instead of rinsing out the oils from the night before. I poured half the rinse on my 2 divided halves and rubbed and scratched (i had white stuff under my nails. I did this for 5 minutes (I timed it) than washed 1 side of my head than the other. Rubbing my roots and such. I noticed my hair felt weird so i squeezed out some of the water and walk over to my mirror. The first 4 inches of my hair going all the way down the middle part was white like i had my head coated in grease. And was washing it with cold water. Not water so hot i was sweating.
I just washed my hair last sunday with a rinse that i did not strain just poured on my head. I pre poo'ed the same but with amla oil and brahmi and amla oil mixed. I did not have this problem.
Was it the vatika oil or baking soda.

Any Idea's

I got rid of the white stuff by washing with ors creamy aloe poo( i will say that the soap that ran off was still a little brown) So there was still some rinse left

TIA

Maybe just too much product? I know since oil repels water perhaps some type of soap was needed to get rid of all the concoction (the whole oil is hydrophobic thing) when I use the Indian stuff I keep it simple dunno if I would add the baking soda? maybe it was left on too long?

Maybe just too much product?

Yup too much product. You can just clarify and it will be fine. Just make sure to condition,. and seal "LIGHTLY" with oil. With Vatika or any oil one must use only a little. When you use a lot weird things start happening with your hair. :blush:

Back