Ayurveda, Protein, Moisture

vestaluv1

:help:CLUELESS GAL OVER ER!
I'm starting to wash my hair with Ayurveda powders twice a week.
What is the best way to incorporate a moisture/protein balance into this regime.
Also, my friend gave me a couple of products from phytospecific coz I told her my hair was is in serious need of ATTENTION.
For those who know about Phytospecific, how would you incorporate the Energizing Concentrate and Vital Force Creme Bath.
:feedback:

PassionFruit

easiest Ayurvedic protein treatment
mix 2 eggs in bowl with 3-4 tblsp of Ayurvedic powder choice and 3 to 3 tblsp of Amla, Vatika, Coconut, Shikakai or other oil of choice ( oil helps to rinse powders out)

another is to do the same with plain Yogurt instead of eggs ( I didnt measure yogurt but I know it was slightly less than 1 small container that I used)

I had been doing a weekly protein treatment but found for "my" hair that was necessary anymore... so I only do protein when my hair asks for it

MissMasala5

If your hair is relaxed with lye-based relaxer, you probably need protein every 6-8 weeks, unless your hair shows you otherwise. And you don't want to overload, since coconut oil is proven to retain protein in the hair (per that scientific journal article that I have seen floating around here). No-lye relaxed hair has different needs, or so I read somewhere on here in a great discussion about that topic. As for moisture, you may want to address that after each wash with your moisturizing DC.

Sorry that I can't help you with your questions about Phytospecifics.