Avon Heat Cap Review

Re: replacement gel insert

[ QUOTE ]
honey_jammz82 said:
I have the micro haircap, and one of my gel packs busted within the first two weeks. Overall, I like it, for the convenience, and they have an option on their site to buy more gel caps...hmmm, I wonder why they would do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

THere are some people on the makeupalley board who have had the microcap for a long time and never had a gel cap break.. I think you have to be really careful on how long you heat it in the microwave.

Well, I have the microcap on my head right now. Took only 3 days to get it too! I got the black one and I tested the gel packs for different time lengths as they suggest, up to 90 seconds. I did 75 seconds on high, which is working. I also ordered an extra set of gel packs. There are directions for putting the gel packs in boiling water also, instead of a microwave.

My head feels nice and warm right now. I like the thickness of the cap itself. If a pack does burst, it looks like it would be absorbed by the cap first before getting on me. I like being able to move around freely. I could even do my workouts with this on my head!
laugh.gif

So far so good!
up.gif

And it worked very well! I usually just put a plastic cap on my head to deep condition but I really loved the results using the heat cap!
smile.gif

Have you ever worn yours Rushgirl when you were not deep conditioning? I think it was Supergirl who alluded to this in another thread (correct me somebody if I'm wrong) that since heat seems to encourage faster hair growth, that wearing a heat cap around the house may do the same. Any thoughts?

My mother gave be a microwave heat cap several months ago. I actually liked using it. It was easy and convenient, and allowed me complete freedom of movement. However, one of the gel packs burst, from which I sustained a very painful burn on my face and upper chest, as a result of the hot gel leaking out, and not realizing this until *after* I put the heat cap on my head.

Needless to say, I threw the cap away. Mom got it for a really good price, so I did not feel too guilty. She agreed with my decision.

So, PLEASE: be very careful.

northernbelle

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
And it worked very well! I usually just put a plastic cap on my head to deep condition but I really loved the results using the heat cap!
smile.gif

Have you ever worn yours Rushgirl when you were not deep conditioning? I think it was Supergirl who alluded to this in another thread (correct me somebody if I'm wrong) that since heat seems to encourage faster hair growth, that wearing a heat cap around the house may do the same. Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

REALLY??! I never heard of that! No, I've never done that before..but if that really does work..hell, I'm a SAHM.. I'll wear the damn thing everyday..LMAO!!
laugh.gif

Back