August 2013...What Did YOU Buy This Week?? (Hair Care Edition)

ImanAdero

I bought Giovanni's smooth as silk conditioner. I hope it leaves my hair nice and soft since I've heard so much about it.

ronie

The Pomade Shop (ETSY)

x2 Rosemary Pomades Vanilla
x2 Peppermint Pomades Vanilla
x1 16 oz Coffee DC'er
IDareT'sHair
Hey T i was looking at the peppermint pomade, and i am really interested to get it for my troubled edges. Are the ingredients really just as listed: coconut, castor, emu, sulfur and peppermint? I like the simplicity.
And have you tried the coffee one? How s the coffee smell? Jar of joe strong or claudie coffee balancing cream strong. I love the claudie s coffee items, but i hated jar of joe.
From previous experience coffee on my scalp did give me a headache, but i am willing to try it on my bald spots only until these edges start showing progess. Nothing seems to help. Thanks

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Pomade Shop
1 Rosemary pomade
1 Peppermint pomade

Amazon
1 Nature's Life Marine Collagen vitamins

Capelli Care
2x Hourglass rollers in white (will experiment with rollersetting)

Exchange Forum
1x 80% full NJoy's Growth oil (just ran out and need more)
1x 95% full Shescentit Macadamia Fixing gel (been wanting to try)
1x sample Soultanicals Marula-Maru Moisture Guru
1x sample Soultanicals Fluffalicious Curl Nutritious

Hot Combs
1x Magic Lady Star comb (for my roller setting experiment)

LCL Beauty
1x Pro 1028 hair dryer (backordered, but will ship around 9/2)

Will Get
some samples of Bobeam stuff when she restocks it this afternoon.

I'm good for the rest of the year. I don't think I will shop on Black Friday. :look:
that's probably not true...

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@ronie

I like the Peppermint one in Vanilla. It's like a loose grease.:yep:

The smell isn't bad at all. The Coffee one is nothing like JOJ. Consistency & Scent...totally different.

It has bits of Coffee Grounds in it which I personally didn't care for.

But I purchased it several times. I got that one in Vanilla too.:yep:

I'm excited to try out the Rosemary. I just hope it doesn't 'irritate' my scalp. Sometimes I have problems with Rosemary.:sad:

This is what is on my Label: Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Emu Oil, Sulfur, Peppermint Oil

*remember these have sulfur*

ronie

@ronie

I like the Peppermint one in Vanilla. It's like a loose grease.:yep:

The smell isn't bad at all. The Coffee one is nothing like JOJ. Consistency & Scent...totally different.

It has bits of Coffee Grounds in it which I personally didn't care for.

But I purchased it several times. I got that one in Vanilla too.:yep:

I'm excited to try out the Rosemary. I just hope it doesn't 'irritate' my scalp. Sometimes I have problems with Rosemary.:sad:

This is what is on my Label: Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Emu Oil, Sulfur, Peppermint Oil

*remember these have sulfur*

I got the peppermint and coffee. I don't mind the sulfur since its only for the bald spots only. Thanks T.

Brownie518

Pomade Shop

2 Rosemary pomade
2 Coffee pomade
Coffee conditioner

I ordered yesterday morning and it just came!!!!

mz.rae

The Laila Ali Soft bonnet Hair Dryer
Jane Carter Curl Defining Cream
Curls Defining Gel
Two brushes
Magnetic Rollers that come with the clamps
I think that is it

CocoGlow

^^ Me too! Well not the Chocolate Smoothie but...

From the Pura Body Naturals 50% Off Sale I Bought:
1x 8oz Sapote Hair Lotion (Unscented)

**My hair seemed to like the one I bought a month ago but the (Tahitian Vanilla) scent irritated my sensitive self :spinning: - so I decided to try the (Unscented) version. I'm assuming it will smell like the oils/butters/additives in it - but I just hope it doesn't smell like ... well ... "earth" LOL :lol:

oneastrocurlie

^^ Me too! Well not the Chocolate Smoothie but...

From the Pura Body Naturals 50% Off Sale I Bought:
1x 8oz Sapote Hair Lotion (Unscented)

**My hair seemed to like the one I bought a month ago but the (Tahitian Vanilla) scent irritated my sensitive self :spinning: - so I decided to try the (Unscented) version. I'm assuming it will smell like the oils/butters/additives in it - but I just hope it doesn't smell like ... well ... "earth" LOL :lol:

I got the lotion and the butter. Both unscented. I already have the smoothie. But I didn't think about what they would smell like without any scent. I was hoping nothing. lol. Now you got me thinking.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
White Ethiopian rollers from Capelli Care/Smores. I spent the LCL/Salons R Us dryer $$ buying a flat iron and rollers. :ohwell:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
MileHighDiva

I really want to invest in her white rollers, but can't justify it because I don't really need them. Let me know how they work out.

EnExitStageLeft, I don't know why Dianne stops at 1 1/2" with their plastic mesh rollers. Being an "aspiring/wannabe unicorn" is starting to cost too much:look:

What size and kind of rollers do you use? Now, I just need a hair dryer.

ETA: I probably should have waited till I actually had an hair dryer and did a test run using the grey magnetics and red mesh rollers first, to see if I would keep it up. But they were on sale.

Last edited:

AgeinATL

Bought the SDOT Softly & Tenderly moisture balanced conditioner. I hope this is the last hair product purchase until BF.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
The pomade shop delivered two days after my order. Amazing. Both pomades smell good with no hint of sulfur.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4

cutenss

Etsy--KeraVede Organic Amla, Brahmi, Fenugreek, Bhringaraj, Neem, Hibiscus Conditioner Ayurveda, Hair Growth, Smells Great! Sun Infused, All Natural 8 oz. Oil

30% off w/free shipping using code: BIGDAY

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@cutenss

That company and those products really sounded Ayurvedically delicious.:lick:

I looked at that Line & that Sale.:lol:....:nono:

Please keep us posted on: CS, Delivery Times, Scents, Presentation.:look:

You know.....all the PJ Stuff we like to know!:lol: