Attention: Post on conditioner washes with braids

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
<font color="purple">I posted a question on doing a conditioner wash while wearing braids. Any comments are appreciated. </font>

I wouldn't recommend it unless you're going to be very careful when taking the braids out becuase the hair wil have A LOT of buildup. I did CO washes with the interlocks I had and I was able to detangle with no problems. But I think I would have lost less hair if there wasn't so much buildup from the CO washes. I suggest you do a CO wash maybe 2x...2 weeks before you take them out. First a hot oil then a CO wash. Just 1-2x.

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="purple">I posted a question on doing a conditioner wash while wearing braids. Any comments are appreciated. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I wore braids last summer and I depended on conditioner washes. I washed this way every other day. What I did was get a spray bottle from the beauty supply store and added equal parts of conditioner and water. I would then saturate my hair under the shower and then spray the conditoner through my braids and lightly massage my scalp then run it through the braids then rinse. It really helped to remove alot of the dirt. I lived at the time in a very hot desert place, so my hair got dirty very fast. After rinsing I would wrap a towel around my braids to remove the excess water. Then I would make a mix of conditoner Alberto V05, glycerine, distilled water and a liquid aloe vera gel. This I would spray through out my braids.

My braids were very long made from human hair and I manage to deep them for 3 months. This was the 3x in my life doing braids and this time they came out very easily without mucky buildup and my hair seemed to have grown alot during that time.

Good Luck
JA

JA's idea may work very well. I guess I should have added that my conditioner wasn't diluted at all
laugh.gif

Luvhair you may be able to use JA's method with no problems..definitely dilute it first.
smile.gif

ditto to what JazzAngel said.

I want to add that I used Suave Coconut for the majority of my washes. Some times I used Queen Helene and did a deep conditioner while sitting under the drier. I even did protein conditioners ( 1x with Emergencee and 1x with Aphogee). I too kept my braids in for 3 months and my hair was very clean and strong when I removed the braids. The only problem I had was tangles and that wasn't b/c of the CO washes. It was because of mishandling.

I say go for it. You have nothing to lose if you do it right.

<font color="purple">Thanx for your help, guys. I'll try using the spray bottle with the conditioner and distilled water next time. I, too don't like the buildup left on the base of my braids when removing them. Sure appreciate it. </font>

jazz angel can you post the measurements of the ingredients you used for the leave in conditioner mix? did you just use equal parts of each ingredient like the conditioner mix?

Back