At Home Dominican Blow Out.

FeelinIt

I know several ladies here have experienced the Dom Blow Out. But can you do this at home? From what I am hearing, the process sounds very simple.

Let me see if I've got it down,

Shampoo
Condition
Set
Dryer
Round Brush Blow Dry
Style

I wanted to try this at home. Please ladies share if you have done this at home. Photos would help out a great deal. I've wanted to try this so bad but my scalp is EXTRA TENDER so I know it will hurt with all of the heat.

Give us your process, products, tools and results.

Note: I bought a round brush but did not realize it was the wrong kind. Please recommend round brushes and round brushing techniques.

Thanks ladies!

JLove74

OK so here it is:
Shampoo
Condition
Set
Dryer
all of these steps are easy right?

It's the round brush technique that gets me. You have to be somewhat skilled and have a strong arm (because it will get tired - quick!) or have someone help. I can do the front of my head with no problem. But the back is where is just give up!

just my 2 cents, I'd like some help tips too :lol:

kreeme

If it were that simple I'd be doing it every other week. :lol: I'm just too uncoordinated to do the dryer and round brush trick.

seeminglysweet

I don't use a round brush but I have been blow drying my hair with a bristle brush since I was about 11. It's never been difficult for me, but I have tried using a round brush and the results aren't as straight. I start in the back and section off the hair, use a paddle brush to get the hair mostly dry and then use a bristle brush (concentrating on the roots) to completely dry my hair. You do need a good blow dryer tho, I like Reminington dryers.

FeelinIt

JLove74 said:
OK so here it is:
Shampoo
Condition
Set
Dryer
all of these steps are easy right?

It's the round brush technique that gets me. You have to be somewhat skilled and have a strong arm (because it will get tired - quick!) or have someone help. I can do the front of my head with no problem. But the back is where is just give up!

just my 2 cents, I'd like some help tips too :lol:

The round brush is not easy. They make it look so easy though! My problem...the hair doesn't seem to slide through the brush very easily. It gets stuck and then I'm afraid to bring it all the way through because of potential damage. I think I bought the wrong round brush.

After they take down the set, how do they blow dry it out?

dimpalz

Mastering round brush technique is difficult but it gets easier with time. I think I got it perfect after a couple of months (eek). It's easier to do it if ur hair is dry and u'r just tryna straight it and give it body. You gotta start with the roots and "roll" from the wrist lol u'll get it eventually. Remember tho you only go thru the ends a couple of times or else they'll just die.

I used to use a boars hair round brush, some stylists prefer the vented plastic and metal ones tho. Always start at the nape and if the hair is shorter use a smaller brush, I think it's something like if your hair doesnt go all the way round the brush is too big, so I use that as a guide. You need a good dryer too and a directional nozzle on the end.

I found wen my brush was new it was harder to do but once I "broke it in" it was great, with round brush drying it really is about practice.