Are you product loyal?

Neala21

Any ladies or gents, who are strictly product loyal to one or two lines?
What I mean is that - do you use the entire product line and nothing else. Is it really worth it? Your results!?

For Me - Mizani Butter Blend Relaxer System for relaxer time only
For outside of the Relaxer Care - Joico

I've read so many times that it is beneficial to stick with one line when you use a product out of a particular line as the results are better.

What do you think?

For me, I have to say Avlon Line, which includes ALL KeraCare and Affirm Products!

From using these 2 lines, I have to say my hair has done 360 degree turn for the better. I have beening using these products for other 5 years +.

On the other hand, i have exp some set backs due to stretching my touch-up for more than 12 weeks/breakage etc..and these products helped and repaired my hair back to its healthy state.

IMO, i really think if you stick to 1 or 2 product lines that it is beneficial in getting better hair results.

Thanks. How long was it when you first started using the products lines that you knew that they were keepers?

I used to think it's absolutely necessary to stick with one line of product but since i've found the hair boards i realise it's what my hair like and not so much a brand or product. I'm not loyal i just use whatever works for me. I finad that i might have a number of products from a particular brand/brands tho.

I've been using motions products for almost four years now, i realised it was a keeper when i saw how well my hair responds to it and the scent of the products leaves my hair smelling nice

Last edited:
Neala21, well to answer your question, i am a BIG research QUEEN, so any and everything that touches my body, goes into my body or into my hair, i research them ALL. Plus, i asked A LOT of questions regarding my hair and and how to maintain the healthly look. From that, me and my hairdresser developed a close friendship, that i was able to trust her with my hair.

So when my hairdresser intro me and my hair to Avlon line 5 years + a go, i reseached the brand and i was VERY pleased with the information I found about the products.

Moreover, i am a person that gives everything about 6 months to 9 months to see if it really works for me. Which i did in the case of my hair.
So i have to say i gave the products about 6 to 9 months to work for me and i have never turned back.

I hope that helps!

Neala21, well to answer your question, i am a BIG research QUEEN, so any and everything that touches my body, goes into my body or into my hair, i research them ALL. Plus, i asked A LOT of questions regarding my hair and and how to maintain the healthly look. From that, me and my hairdresser developed a close friendship, that i was able to trust her with my hair.

So when my hairdresser intro me and my hair to Avlon line 5 years + a go, i reseached the brand and i was VERY pleased with the information I found about the products.

Moreover, i am a person that gives everything about 6 months to 9 months to see if it really works for me. Which i did in the case of my hair.
So i have to say i gave the products about 6 to 9 months to work for me and i have never turned back.

I hope that helps!

Okay 6-9 months isnt too long. Thanks. Yeah I usually try to research as much as I can before going out and buying.

Yea 6 to 9 months is long, but i gave myself that time after researching and cont talking with my hairdressers. After 6 months i received nice results, i said why not 9 months of trying, which i did and i never turned back after seeing GREAT results after using it for 6 months.

I hope that helps!

This is what I'm trying to accomplish with the KeraCare line - to use it exclusively - but I always veer off somehow. I have so many products I need to use and get rid of. But I just ordered a significant number of KeraCare products to get me started with them exclusively. My next touch-up I will be trying the Affirm relaxer.

Right now I am SO loyal to OJON. http://www.ojon.com/ :notworthy

The Restorative treatment http://www.ojon.com/products/OJT0001 has done for me what no other could in terms of restoring moisture to my hair. My hair used to be SO dry...:perplexed

I have been using Aphogee for protein, but when I use that up, I will go to OJON's new protein line http://www.ojon.com/products/OJSR0437 and strictly use their product line.

I have recommended it to some folks, but it costs a grip :ohwell: (at QVC.com or ULTA) and if your hair already has natural moisture, you may not think it's worth it. Also, some folks tell me they don't like they way it seems to make their hair feel thick...I LOVE that. Others don't like the strong nutty, smoky smell of the resorative treatment. It works for me and I will continue to pay a grip for it as long as it does.:grin:

I feel like an OJON infomercial, but oh well...:bud:

I was until I saw the Aveda store in Towson mall (may fav mall), which is like 30 mins from my house and 5 from my dorm.:wallbash:. Just what I needed. I never tried the line because I didnt know where to get it so Im shopping and I see this big arse Aveda store. I just stared at it. :shocked: Didnt go inside, just stared for a minute, trying to combat my inner PJ!

***I will use these 4 liters of Kenra***
***I will use these 4 liters of Kenra***
***I will love these 4 liters of kenra***
***These 4 liters of kenra get the job done**
***I will use these 4 liters of kenra***

Since I found out what works for me I've been completely loyal to CON detangling shampoo and ORS conditioners. They are tried and true.

I really tried and i really wish i was :sad: I like the uniform look of all my products having the same look, same brand, same isle, same store....but i just cant :sad:

I need my CON shampoo, Silicon Mix conditoner, Carefree moisturizer and Aphogee protein treatments :ohwell: And i need a gel, and oil.---and sometimes i like to use Keracre foam/lottabody lotion, pressing oil, and vitapointe/profective (for straight hair)

Elasta QP came pretty close,--But why not just let my hair be completly happy? The shampoo was about 90% as good, but it stunk to me, and their gel like moisturizer got the job about 70% done as good as carefree, but i didnt like the smell, it was sticky, and it was really thick. ---plus the protein treatment and condtioners did nothing for me. I really wanted it to work (lol) only thing they were missing was an oil....they had hair dye, pressing oils, some sort of growth aid, wrap foam, gels, ect......

Tried profectiv, but i had the same propblem as far as moisturizers and conditoners.

Tried Keracre, ---i really wanted to keep them....but the shampoo's had sulfates, and the moisturizer did absolutly nothing

Motions moisutirxer made my hair hard, and the Moisture plus and CPR did jack.

Countless other brands :nono: My hair & I always feels so good when i go back to the basics

Last edited:
Nope.

I am loyal to the products that work for me. I will say that since researching and learning more about my hair, I am better and more effecient in picking products that are going to work and 90% of the time I am right. I prefer lines that address my specific needs and that are comprehensive to have possible solutions to anyother problem or concern I might develop.

Right now, Kenra, Joico, and Paul mitchell are fitting that description quite nicely.

I have 2 product lines that I love and the majority of my products come from:

Chaz Dean WEN
Ojon

However neither of my favorite product lines carry everything I need. So, I have to suplement them with:

CHI
Jane Carter
and the occasional PJism random product purchase

I look at it as haveing the best of all worlds. I feel that one product line does not carry the best of everything. For instance Ojon has a serum, however my hair likes CHI silk infusion better and Jane carter has conditioner but my hair loves WEN conditioner better than jane carter's conditioner. So I buy what makes my hair happy not what makes the owner of the product line richer!!!:grin:

Back