Are vision boards Demonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I'm actually considering doing a vision board, but doing it differently. My vision board will consist of all the things God has promised me, all the plans He laid out for me. My vision board isn't going to be based on the law of attraction, in fact I plan on dividing the cardboard in three and in the middle will be Bible verses that correspond with His promises and purpose beginning with seeking Him first... and on the outer sides will be pics representing the promises He made but it'll held together by the Word. Before reading this thread it never occurred to me it could be demonic, especially since in Habakkuk God says to write the vision down which IMO serves a visual reminder for the person when their faith maybe lacking... am I missing something?

Sent from my LG-P925 using LG-P925

google practices of witchcraft; even the sites that support witches have 'vision board' instructions and recommendations. vision boards are definitely one of the hallmark tools of LOA, of which people use them as a tool to manifest what they want.

As Christians we have to be careful with this practice and misinterpreting the scripture of 'writing the vision'.

disgtgyal

google practices of witchcraft; even the sites that support witches have 'vision board' instructions and recommendations. vision boards are definitely one of the hallmark tools of LOA, of which people use them as a tool to manifest what they want.

As Christians we have to be careful with this practice and misinterpreting the scripture of 'writing the vision'.

I'm familiar with LOA but I think we as Christians need to remember that one of the key tactics the devil uses is perversion. He tells the ppl that instead of placing your faith in God place it in yourself and you can manifest those things... the devil doesn't come up with anything original. The principles of LOA are perversions of biblical laws. If we want truly shun things that have pagan/ demonic associations then there are a lot of wedding rituals Christians shouldn't include in their ceremony...

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I'm actually considering doing a vision board, but doing it differently. My vision board will consist of all the things God has promised me, all the plans He laid out for me. My vision board isn't going to be based on the law of attraction, in fact I plan on dividing the cardboard in three and in the middle will be Bible verses that correspond with His promises and purpose beginning with seeking Him first... and on the outer sides will be pics representing the promises He made but it'll held together by the Word. Before reading this thread it never occurred to me it could be demonic, especially since in Habakkuk God says to write the vision down which IMO serves a visual reminder for the person when their faith maybe lacking... am I missing something?

Habakkuk 2:2 is talking about the prophet writing down what the Lord shows him so the people will get the warning. He does this several times in the Scriptures (Deuteronomy 27:8, Isaiah 30:8, Jeremiah 30:2, Jeremiah 36:2, Revelation 1:11, Revelation 1:19). Did you ask the Lord if He wanted you to do this? If we worship Him in spirit, why not trust Him in spirit? Why must we always try to make the intangible tangible for our senses?

disgtgyal

No God didn't specifically say I want u to make a vision board, but when the idea came to me and I brought it so Him immediately I got several verses to put on my vision board. How is creating a vision board making the intangible (my promises) tangible when its still in theory intangible, because until manifestion occurs it's still intangible. How is a vision board which one is using as a visual reminder any different frm the person who writes Bible verses throughout their home as a means of reminding themselves of what God says... As I said in my previous post, the enemy perverts the things of God. However, as Paul says if u deem something sinful then its sin for you, but do not put it on another believer, and I in turn should not flaunt my freedom, lest you stumble; therefore, this will be my last post on this subject. I hope I haven't offended anyone if I have, I'm sorry.

Shimmie

Staff member
No God didn't specifically say I want u to make a vision board, but when the idea came to me and I brought it so Him immediately I got several verses to put on my vision board. How is creating a vision board making the intangible (my promises) tangible when its still in theory intangible, because until manifestion occurs it's still intangible. How is a vision board which one is using as a visual reminder any different frm the person who writes Bible verses throughout their home as a means of reminding themselves of what God says...

As I said in my previous post, the enemy perverts the things of God.

However, as Paul says if u deem something sinful then its sin for you, but do not put it on another believer, and I in turn should not flaunt my freedom, lest you stumble; therefore, this will be my last post on this subject. I hope I haven't offended anyone if I have, I'm sorry.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :nono: :nono: :nono: @the bolded.

The Word of God doesn't speak of 'vision boards'.

I understand what you're trying to 'convey' , but there's a 'twist' in the theory that you're sharing. Something not right with this, Angel.

Please know that this is not a personal issue with you. It's not. As I shared above, I understand what you're trying to convey :yep:. But there's something about this 'vision board' theology / practice that is not in line with God's Word.

I have to stress that the scripture in Habakuk does not support nor does it relate to vision boards. This scripture has been used to mislead Christians and to deceive them into a practice that is not lead of God.

vision boards stem from vain imaginations, for it leads one to 'envision' a manisfestation of what's desired by a person, not what God has instructed.

Bottomline, we can't say vision boards are of God when truthfully they are of man. That's where the issue is. The deception and misleading that scripture supports a vision board when it does not. It is a practice of man and his/her imagination, ideas and desires and it should addressed as such.

Folks have got to stop saying things are of God when they are in truth of man. God's not placing scriptures on those boards, 'humans' are; humans being lead of their own choice, decisions and their will.

The same 'will' that Eve yielded to when choosing to eat the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden, is the same will that humans are using to create their vision boards. satan placed all kinds of 'scripture' before Eve and he even did the same thing to Jesus while trying to 'tempt' him after the 40 days/night fasting in the wilderness. Scripture is often used by the enemy to mislead a person and to deceive them.

For those using scripture to justify creating a vision board, it's not validated and because it's one's decision, God is not going to 'stop' you, it's your choice to do so, not His and He's not in it just because a person posts scriptures there. :nono:

Last edited:

disgtgyal

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :nono: :nono: :nono: @the bolded.

The Word of God doesn't speak of 'vision boards'.

I understand what you're trying to 'convey' , but there's a 'twist' in the theory that you're sharing. Something not right with this, Angel.

Please know that this is not a personal issue with you. It's not. As I shared above, I understand what you're trying to convey :yep:. But there's something about this 'vision board' theology / practice that is not in line with God's Word.

I have to stress that the scripture in Habakuk does not support nor does it relate to vision boards. This scripture has been used to mislead Christians and to deceive them into a practice that is not lead of God.

vision boards stem from vain imaginations, for it leads one to 'envision' a manisfestation of what's desired by a person, not what God has instructed.

Bottomline, we can't say vision boards are of God when truthfully they are of man. That's where the issue is. The deception and misleading that scripture supports a vision board when it does not. It is a practice of man and his/her imagination, ideas and desires and it should addressed as such.

Folks have got to stop saying things are of God when they are in truth of man. God's not placing scriptures on those boards, 'humans' are; humans being lead of their own choice, decisions and their will.

The same 'will' that Eve yielded to when choosing to eat the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden, is the same will that humans are using to create their vision boards. satan placed all kinds of 'scripture' before Eve and he even did the same thing to Jesus while trying to 'tempt' him after the 40 days/night fasting in the wilderness. Scripture is often used by the enemy to mislead a person and to deceive them.

For those using scripture to justify creating a vision board, it's not validated and because it's one's decision, God is not going to 'stop' you, it's your choice to do so, not His and He's not in it just because a person posts scriptures there. :nono:

I understand all that you have said, and I also understand ppl create vision boards and it leads to idolatry, but I am not talking about name it u claim it, I'm not talking about things I decided I want, nor is it vain, carnal lusts and desires I am talking about a visual reminder of the things God has promised me, things that he has spoken directly to me and things he relayed to prophets about me, and I thought I was pretty clear about that... What if I didn't call it a vision board and I called it "visual reminder of God's promises, would those who oppose still oppose. Again what if I decided to write out the blessings laid up for me according to Deuteronomy, would those who oppose still oppose, because its the same thing, I'm writing out God's promises. Again LOA is a perversion of a biblical principle. We as Christians need to realize the world puts God's law and principles into practice and it bears fruit because God's law doesn't change e.g. think about how many celebs tithe, Kim k and Oprah to name a few... again as I said in an earlier post, a lot of wedding traditions are steeped and rooted in paganism, but no one is opposing them because its become the norm, or as one Christian told me "its been washed in the blood" if you're going to critique certain things then go across the board and examine everything for demonic/ pagan roots.... the "you" in my post isn't to anyone in particular its to Christians

Rainbow Dash

Quote from an x-witch now a Christian....

"Vision boards and the New Age law of attraction is demonic and sinful to partake in. Christians must stay away from it."

Here is the link to her interview...
http://pamsheppard.com/?cat=1&paged=5

This is from another board that was discussing the subject.

"If you have material desires, you must gaze upon images of them - surround yourself with the smells and sounds conducive to them - create a lodestone which will attract the situation or thing that you wish! " - Taken verbatim from the Satanic bible.

"Sounds just like a vision board, huh? All this "The Secret" stuff is the same old game, just repackaged in a soccer mom friendly, Oprah-approved format. Even the title is unoriginal"

Shimmie

Staff member
I understand all that you have said, and I also understand ppl create vision boards and it leads to idolatry, but I am not talking about name it u claim it, I'm not talking about things I decided I want, nor is it vain, carnal lusts and desires I am talking about a visual reminder of the things God has promised me, things that he has spoken directly to me and things he relayed to prophets about me, and I thought I was pretty clear about that...

What if I didn't call it a vision board and I called it "visual reminder of God's promises, would those who oppose still oppose. Again what if I decided to write out the blessings laid up for me according to Deuteronomy, would those who oppose still oppose, because its the same thing, I'm writing out God's promises.

Again LOA is a perversion of a biblical principle. We as Christians need to realize the world puts God's law and principles into practice and it bears fruit because God's law doesn't change e.g. think about how many celebs tithe, Kim k and Oprah to name a few... again as I said in an earlier post, a lot of wedding traditions are steeped and rooted in paganism, but no one is opposing them because its become the norm, or as one Christian told me "its been washed in the blood" if you're going to critique certain things then go across the board and examine everything for demonic/ pagan roots.... the "you" in my post isn't to anyone in particular its to Christians

Something is still not right... :nono:

And I know what it is. it's taking an idea of man and placing God as the originator. As humans 'we' have free will and that's what a vision board is, no matter what one calls it and the scriptures used to support it are being misused.

What wedding traditions are paganistic? Standing before an ordained Minister to become man and wife is honoured by God.

Now if they were a same sex couple, there's definitely a problem.

Shimmie

Staff member
Quote from an x-witch now a Christian....

"Vision boards and the New Age law of attraction is demonic and sinful to partake in. Christians must stay away from it."

Here is the link to her interview...
http://pamsheppard.com/?cat=1&paged=5

This is from another board that was discussing the subject.

"If you have material desires, you must gaze upon images of them - surround yourself with the smells and sounds conducive to them - create a lodestone which will attract the situation or thing that you wish! " - Taken verbatim from the Satanic bible.

"Sounds just like a vision board, huh? All this "The Secret" stuff is the same old game, just repackaged in a soccer mom friendly, Oprah-approved format. Even the title is unoriginal"

Thanks for sharing, this information is vitally important. :yep:

Iwanthealthyhair67

Shimmie I don't know why I'm reminded of Saul and Samuel...

1 Samuel 15
18 And he sent you on a mission, saying, ‘Go and completely destroy those wicked people, the Amalekites; wage war against them until you have wiped them out.’ 19 Why did you not obey the LORD? Why did you pounce on the plunder and do evil in the eyes of the LORD?”

20 “But I did obey the LORD,” Saul said. “I went on the mission the LORD assigned me. I completely destroyed the Amalekites and brought back Agag their king. 21 The soldiers took sheep and cattle from the plunder, the best of what was devoted to God, in order to sacrifice them to the LORD your God at Gilgal.”

22 But Samuel replied:

“Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices
as much as in obeying the LORD?
To obey is better than sacrifice,
and to heed is better than the fat of rams.
23 For rebellion is like the sin of divination,
and arrogance like the evil of idolatry.

and of course Proverbs 16:25
There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof is the ways of death

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie I don't know why I'm reminded of Saul and Samuel...

1 Samuel 15
18 And he sent you on a mission, saying, ‘Go and completely destroy those wicked people, the Amalekites; wage war against them until you have wiped them out.’ 19 Why did you not obey the LORD?

Why did you pounce on the plunder and do evil in the eyes of the LORD?”

20 “But I did obey the LORD,” Saul said. “I went on the mission the LORD assigned me. I completely destroyed the Amalekites and brought back Agag their king.

21 The soldiers took sheep and cattle from the plunder, the best of what was devoted to God, in order to sacrifice them to the LORD your God at Gilgal .”

22 But Samuel replied:

“Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices
as much as in obeying the LORD?
To obey is better than sacrifice,
and to heed is better than the fat of rams.
23 For rebellion is like the sin of divination,
and arrogance like the evil of idolatry.

and of course Proverbs 16:25
There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof is the ways of death

My Lord... look at what you've shared here...

"Pouncing on the Plunder"...
This is what a vision board is, the plunder (the ways of sorcery).

The soldiers thought that they could make it right by treating it as an offering unto the Lord, however it was not of God. :nono:

There are times when God allows us to take the goods (plunder) of the enemies, but there are some things that have so much evil attached to it. that God wants it destroyed so as not to defile what/whom He has cleansed.

The problem with vision boards is that it falls into tainted plunder, and there's too much 'twisting' to make it Godly.

NitaChantell

NO!!! They're a creative way to form goals...I'm having my girls (I'm a Girl Scout Leader) do one next week. Saying a vision board is demonic is equivalent to saying that making a list of financial or educational goals is demonic. God wants us to be smart and prepared. I think the balance comes in when we make the board then giving it to God, ya know? Like just saying God these are my desires, and although you may have put some of them in my heart, I lay them all at your feet, and I surrender to your will for my life....like God this is what I want, but I'll surrender this for whatever you want me to do!!!

jenny87

I can't believe this thread is still going on with the same arguements on both sides! No one is going to change Shimmie's mind or get her to see your point. She is the vision board police after all.

It is amazing how when you add a photo to a list of goals it magically becomes a vehicle of witchcraft and a sin. So all of you that have goal journals make sure you don't draw in the margins!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using LHCF

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
That which is used as a vrhicle or conduit of manifesting desires, other than simple faith in God's word is relying on elements of witchcraft.

Perhaps we don't really get what witchcraft is. Most of us were raised to think of it as some hocus pocus spell casting Witchcraft is more subtle than that and relies on self will. When we are attempting to harness "energies" and whatnot, that's witchcraft. We are to believe what we hear in God's word, obey His word, and wait for His fulfilling of His promises. It's one thing to keep Scriptures around to meditate on, but another to look to a vision board to somehow facilitate the manifestation of those Scriptures.

Nice & Wavy

So keeping a prayer journal is witchcraft as well??

No, you have it all wrong.:nono:

How could praying to the only true and living God be considered witchcraft?

A prayer journal is just that....writing your prayers to God....the creator of the Universe.

When people get to the point where they don't put the things of God in order, something is terribly wrong.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
jenny87 said:

If you are relying on the the journal as a way to manifest the answer, then yes. Only the person and God can say what is in that person's heart when they pray. I have used journals in the past to note things to pray for and it served as a reminder and a record of God's answer. But I wasn't looking at the act of writing prayers out in a journal as a means of seeing the prayer answered. God responds simply to faith in and obedience to His word and belief that He will answer, according to His will. There is no other power, force, object or energy that we look to for the answer to our prayers.

Nothing can be added to genuine faith. Nothing more is needed.

Watchman Nee wrote a booklet called The Latent Power of the Soul, in which soulish prayer is discussed. All prayers are not spiritual, all prayers are not truly directed toward God. The booklet is available to read online.

Shimmie

Staff member
I can't believe this thread is still going on with the same arguements on both sides! No one is going to change Shimmie's mind or get her to see your point.

She is the vision board police after all.

It is amazing how when you add a photo to a list of goals it magically becomes a vehicle of witchcraft and a sin. So all of you that have goal journals make sure you don't draw in the margins!

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Your 'Miranda Rights' have been revoked.... :lol:

Your 'Vision Board' has been withheld for evidence; until further notice.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I was ordered by the Creator Himself to write down my prayers and He gave me half of what He wanted me to pray for. Why? So I would not forget what to pray for and to demonstrate His authority as each one is answered.

Most of my prayers are not about me or my wants, either. I do not meditate on or visualize anything...I pray the list in earnest with praise and glory and place it aside when done.

loolalooh

Are there prayer journals that are demonic? Yes. Believe it or not, there are people who pray for the downfall or demise of others.

Are there prayer journals that are not demonic? Yes, particularly those with prayers for the poor, prayers of praise, prayers for the afflicted ... prayers not merely dedicated to the self.

Do_Si_Dos

If you are relying on the the journal as a way to manifest the answer, then yes. Only the person and God can say what is in that person's heart when they pray. I have used journals in the past to note things to pray for and it served as a reminder and a record of God's answer. But I wasn't looking at the act of writing prayers out in a journal as a means of seeing the prayer answered. God responds simply to faith in and obedience to His word and belief that He will answer, according to His will. There is no other power, force, object or energy that we look to for the answer to our prayers.

Nothing can be added to genuine faith. Nothing more is needed.

Watchman Nee wrote a booklet called The Latent Power of the Soul, in which soulish prayer is discussed. All prayers are not spiritual, all prayers are not truly directed toward God. The booklet is available to read online.

This is where the disconnect lies. No one has said they are using a vision board to will something into their life. With any prayer you have you have to put action behind it, right? Last time I checked God was not in the business of dropping stuff out the sky. Well I am praying to pass the CPA exam, and I have the letters CPA on my board. It reminds that I need to study even when I don't feel like it.... That's it!!!! I believe God wants me to pass the exam, but I have to do my part in the natural.

I wrote out a list of the qualities I would like in a mate is that demonic too?

All this demonic stuff does not pertain to everyone who has a vision board..... that is a sweeping generalization.

Do_Si_Dos

I can't believe this thread is still going on with the same arguements on both sides! No one is going to change @Shimmie's mind or get her to see your point. She is the vision board police after all.

:look: Deleted..... I thought better and I apologize........

Last edited:

sharentu

i am grateful to this thread. i had a visionboard last year. on everything that i had on it, every subject, the situation got worse instead of better. life is a journey and you learn. i am seriously grateful. i know what i need to do now. thanks for all the input ladies, i enjoyed your discussion.

Last edited:

loolalooh

This is where the disconnect lies. No one has said they are using a vision board to will something into their life. With any prayer you have you have to put action behind it, right? Last time I checked God was not in the business of dropping stuff out the sky. Well I am praying to pass the CPA exam, and I have the letters CPA on my board. It reminds that I need to study even when I don't feel like it.... That's it!!!! I believe God wants me to pass the exam, but I have to do my part in the natural.

I wrote out a list of the qualities I would like in a mate is that demonic too?

All this demonic stuff does not pertain to everyone who has a vision board..... that is a sweeping generalization.

The definition (at least in LOA) of a vision board is not to inspire, but to manifest things into your life. What I don't understand is why we as believers would take a non-believer concept and try to make it our own. Oh well.

The problem with vision boards is that they facilitate the entrance of the enemy into our lives. (As if we don't have enough of him already.) You paste photos from magazines or the internet of what you want in your life. Your hope in creating the board is that the Universe (what non-believers call it) or God (what we call Him) will bring you those things you want. You meditate (what non-believers call it) or pray (what believers call it) on the board daily or regularly so that those things manifest themselves. Before you know it, these desires become the forefront of your mind and God becomes the background. In fact, God is only in the picture as "the One you pray to so you can get what you want" and nothing more. You lose sight of what God has called us to do (to serve Him, to spread the Good News, etc.). You focus more on what you want in the physical world (a big house, a new car, etc.). This is what vision boards have the potential to do. After one thing is manifested, you ask for the next thing, and it doesn't end. This is what I've seen.

Now whether this will happen to you is something I don't know. Only God knows. I'd personally tell Christians to beware of starting a vision board.

Be careful.

As for the CPA letters and list of qualities for a mate: Reminders are one thing, but a vision board is not intended to merely be a reminder. It is intended to manifest things into existence. Taking an LOA vision board and trying to make it Christian reminder is a dangerous thing.

Do_Si_Dos

The definition (at least in LOA) of a vision board is not to inspire, but to manifest things into your life. What I don't understand is why we as believers would take a non-believer concept and try to make it our own. Oh well.

The problem with vision boards is that they facilitate the entrance of the enemy into our lives. (As if we don't have enough of him already.) You paste photos from magazines or the internet of what you want in your life. Your hope in creating the board is that the Universe (what non-believers call it) or God (what we call Him) will bring you those things you want. You meditate (what non-believers call it) or pray (what believers call it) on the board daily or regularly so that those things manifest themselves. Before you know it, these desires become the forefront of your mind and God becomes the background. In fact, God is only in the picture as "the One you pray to so you can get what you want" and nothing more. You lose sight of what God has called us to do (to serve Him, to spread the Good News, etc.). You focus more on what you want in the physical world (a big house, a new car, etc.). This is what vision boards have the potential to do. After one thing is manifested, you ask for the next thing, and it doesn't end. This is what I've seen.

Now whether this will happen to you is something I don't know. Only God knows. I'd personally tell Christians to beware of starting a vision board.

Be careful.

As for the CPA letters and list of qualities for a mate: Reminders are one thing, but a vision board is not intended to merely be a reminder. It is intended to manifest things into existence. Taking an LOA vision board and trying to make it Christian reminder is a dangerous thing.

To the purple: That can be said for almost anything. :yep: We live in the world.

To the pink: I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't worship or pray to my vision board that's silly, imo. I don't practice LOA, so I am not worried. :look:Again I don't give construction paper authority in my life, I try my best to seek God so that I act in accordance with his will for my life.

To the green: People can do that without vision boards. When they see one prayer has been answered, they ask for something else. :look: Whether they are praying for someone else or for their own desires whatever they are.

Another assumption I am seeing is that people are only have material things on their vision boards. SMH...... Thanks for the advice. :wave:

Iwanthealthyhair67

What I've noticed is that people incorporate certain methods to aid in their spiritual life regardless of the things origin, and because it looks harmless and it's created to help the individual get what 'they' want, then it must be a good thing ...

Just because a few scriptures are used to promote or endorse a thing it does not mean that it's from God...we are to be wise of the enemy's devices that are created to take hold of us subtly leading us into deception...

Do_Si_Dos

Something is still not right... :nono:

And I know what it is. it's taking an idea of man and placing God as the originator. As humans 'we' have free will and that's what a vision board is, no matter what one calls it and the scriptures used to support it are being misused.

What wedding traditions are paganistic? Standing before an ordained Minister to become man and wife is honoured by God.

Now if they were a same sex couple, there's definitely a problem.

Witches "Jump the Broom" :look: http://www.broommagic.com/

I am looking for other sources too. I know they jump the broom, but I need I more reliable source.

Last edited:

loolalooh

To the purple: That can be said for almost anything. :yep: We live in the world.

To the pink: I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't worship or pray to my vision board that's silly, imo. I don't practice LOA, so I am not worried. :look:Again I don't give construction paper authority in my life, I try my best to seek God so that I act in accordance with his will for my life.

To the green: People can do that without vision boards. When they see one prayer has been answered, they ask for something else. :look: Whether they are praying for someone else or for their own desires whatever they are.

Another assumption I am seeing is that people are only have material things on their vision boards. SMH...... Thanks for the advice. :wave:

No assumption was made on my end, unless you're mixing up my use of the "physical world" as "material".

A vision board consists of what people want in the physical world, whether material or intangible (i.e., job promotion).

There are two worlds - the physical (i.e., the "natural" in which we live) and the spiritual. Or, is there something you want in the spiritual world that you are placing on your vision board?

loolalooh

So, you agree that vision boards facilitate the entrance of the enemy? If so, then why place yourself in that position.

Be careful.

I agree. The quest to manifest one's own desires comes in many different forms.

jenny87

loolalooh said:
A vision board consists of what people want in the physical world, whether material or intangible (i.e., job promotion).

So I take it that no one in here has ever prayed for a promotion or a better job or a better boss at work?? If you pray for it with you mouth, out of a journal, of with a picture you still want it. Period.

And how do you know that G-d himself didn't tell me to express myself and prayers through construction paper and pictures??

Status
Not open for further replies.