Are Any Of You Ladies Using Growth Aids?

Xavier

Growth aids use to be a hot topic on lhcf but I don't see many threads lately on the topic.

I developed Alopecia Areata back in Nov. 14'. I try not to think about it too much because seeing how my natural hair has been thriving over the last 5 years and to be hit with this has been a real downer. I received the steroid scalp injections from my dermatologist which helped to stop the spread of the hair loss but now need to work on helping the hair grow back.

My hair is finally growing back after 7 months of smooth baldness but it is only a small amount of growth compared to the entire balded area. Just looking for any suggestions on any topical growth aids any of you would recommend.

Thanks!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Yep. Growth Aides Fan Here I Like (in no particular order):
Hydratherma Naturals Growth Oil, Lotion etc....
Liquid Gold (Green Magic and/or Sulfur Oil
Claudie's Hairline & Temple Revitalizer
Sweet Nature By Eddie Cremes w/MSM
Extra Dark JBCO
Mega-Tek (used sparingly)
Naturelle Grow's Pomades & Balms *various*
Hair Vitamins

tiredbeauty

I flat iron my hair every 2 weeks and I scalp massage every other day. I switch between these oils every two weeks.
  1. Hairdrenalin (only because I still have a TON of it from my bandwagon days) and of course, I made it myself as I don't believe in paying anyone for anything I can do myself, lol. I added peppermint eo to it.
  2. Olive oil, grapseed Oil, coconut oil , peppermint eo and sublimed sulfur.
I've actually seen more growth with the hairdrenalin than the second concoction...I might add emu oil to the second and see where that takes me.

fifigirl

I currently use a sulphur oil mix made from 4 oz JBCO, 2 oz jojoba oil, 1 oz almond oil, 1 oz alma oil, drops of garlic eo and a tube of MN....i have received some growth from this

Shanzlegendary

I'm currently using liquid gold hair growth oil sulphur based and hair growth cream interchangeably.. I also take my hair vitamins from the mane choice manetabolism..

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
As far as Vitamins this year I'm using:
Phytophanere (from Phyto) and 10,000 mcg Biotin (with the Phytophanere you have to use 4 months on 1 month off)

During the month off I took:
Phytospecific Cap Energy (Phyto)
Silica

After the next 4 months, I'm thinking about using:
Phytospecific Cap Energy
Natures Bounty HSN Gummies (A friend gifted them to me)

Or the Phyto Cap Energy and 10,000 mcg Biotin

TwistedRoots

Back2Life Back2ReLaxer!
I'm trying hair vitamins currently on Manetabolism using WGHO to try to fill in a thin spot... Something's helping it lol. Years ago I tried MN it worked but I was relaxed then and not about that frequent relaxer life. May give it a go after my 3 month hair pill trial.

maxineshaw

I have been taking biotin in addition to a multivitamin and an omega3 vitamin. I also have been alternating JBCO and WGHO every couple of days.

The only thing I have noticed thus far is a boost in my immune system and a healthier scalp. I honestly think it will work. I just have to give it time.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Yes :)
I do inversion sessions for 1 week each month 4-5 minutes
I am taking Natures Bounty (pill form).. I took the gummies for 6 months - They work really well
Scalp- I was using Njoy oil - Works really well.. for my scalp now I am trying to figure out a good essential oil blend.

ilong

God's Own
2. Rosemary, white thyme, lavender and cedarwood in grapeseed and/or jojoba oils.
@yaya24 #2 in cynd's post ^^ (or some close variation of it) is a very popular EO blend. There are a couple of LHCF threads with similar recipe. IIRC Noni and I posted similar recipes. Excepting the jojoba oil I just added these oils to my leave-in and daily hair moisturizer. I used Castor Oil in place of jojoba and added Rice Bran Oil.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Thank you! I have everything on that list except for white thyme and rice bran.
@yaya24 #2 in cynd's post ^^ (or some close variation of it) is a very popular EO blend. There are a couple of LHCF threads with similar recipe. IIRC Noni and I posted similar recipes. Excepting the jojoba oil I just added these oils to my leave-in and daily hair moisturizer. I used Castor Oil in place of jojoba and added Rice Bran Oil.