April No/low Buy Challenge

I made a non-low-buy-challenge violating "purchase" (actually just an EXCHANGE for a product returned that was purchased long ago): I obtained CRN cleanser

I made three purchases that violate my self-chosen low buy rules:

1. Bathtub faucet attachment hose (I can't find one that works on my bathroom sink faucet, and I hope this helps. The last few wash days, water has gotten all over the bathroom and me due to my trying to lean my head into the shower without getting wet.)

2. Kimmaytube-recommended hair clips off of eBay. My hair's density, y'all! It got to me after today's rainstorm. I've got to be ready for the upcoming full wash day.

3. Curls Blueberry Bliss Hair Growth Oil to replace my almost-gone bottle of Soultanicals Knot Dressing Oil. Hair aromatherapy!!!

I reeeeeeeeaaaaly wanted to order some Darcy's Botanicals pumpkin seed conditioner to see if it can improve my wash and go, but I haven't yet. I'm tempted!!!

I got some unrefined coconut oil today to cleanse my face, oil pull and possibly seal my ends. Grapeseed oil is Bae, but I may start alternating it with coconut oil for my prepoos.

I just purchased grapeseed oil and am wondering if you can tell me more about your experience with it? Someone said it was drying and someone else said it helped with split ends and frizziness.

I just purchased grapeseed oil and am wondering if you can tell me more about your experience with it? Someone said it was drying and someone else said it helped with split ends and frizziness.
It is the lightest oil I have ever used. Meaning that it doesn't weigh down my hair even when wearing straight styles. It also rinses clean without leaving buildup like most oils. I use it as a base for a scalp massage growth oil, I seal with it occasionally and I use it to prepoo whenever it's too cold for coconut oil.

WP_20170418_038.jpg
(enlarges upon click)

Last purchase for the month: For $1.50 each, two spools of elastic ribbon/trim from Hobby Lobby to make the banding bands Naptural85 uses to yield a stretched wash and go. They were 50% off. They had tons of colors.

The Trollis are for the 7-year old. It's testing week, and these are his favorite. ;)

Last edited:
How is everyone doing?

Dh asked me to get him some more Gorilla Snot gel today and of course I browsed through the conditioner aisle. I'm searching for a smoothing conditioner with lots of slip. I saw a Frizz Ease straightening dc and a Garnier Keratin smoothing conditioner. Those were the only 2 that caught my eye. I didn't buy either one, but for $6 and $3 it would be a small risk. Maybe next week. I already have this wash day planned out anyway.

How is everyone doing?

Dh asked me to get him some more Gorilla Snot gel today and of course I browsed through the conditioner aisle. I'm searching for a smoothing conditioner with lots of slip. I saw a Frizz Ease straightening dc and a Garnier Keratin smoothing conditioner. Those were the only 2 that caught my eye. I didn't buy either one, but for $6 and $3 it would be a small risk. Maybe next week. I already have this wash day planned out anyway.

Just bad! My goal was to not spend money on body products and I did that. However, I went on a shopping spree for skin care items, clothes, Giovanni conditioners, vegetable glycerin and hair oils. All of which I don't need. Next month will be better. May is my receiving month. Anniversary, Mother's Day & my birthday. All I want are flowers & dinner for each event. Easy!

Just bad! My goal was to not spend money on body products and I did that. However, I went on a shopping spree for skin care items, clothes, Giovanni conditioners, vegetable glycerin and hair oils. All of which I don't need. Next month will be better. May is my receiving month. Anniversary, Mother's Day & my birthday. All I want are flowers & dinner for each event. Easy!
Ooh which Giovanni conditioners did you buy?

Ooh which Giovanni conditioners did you buy?

Some oldie but goodies:
Smooth as Silk
2chic Avocado & Olive

New to me:
2chic cherry blossom

I wanted to try the cherry blossom shampoo but tried to how some restraint lol

I also got the 2chic avocado spray leave in and have been using it as a moisturizer alternating it with a glycerin/distilled water spray. I really like it so far. It leaves my hair moisturized yet light weight which is what I love.

image.jpg

Doing good. Next month I'm going to try some EO Nourishing conditioner and a Whole Blends conditioner. I don't need or want anything else for the rest of this month. I have other things I want to try in my stash already.

Ok so I lied again :lol: Bought Vatika Black Seed Shampoo to round out my 5 purchase limit for the month. It was at an Indian shopping center I pass sometimes and since I have the black seed mask, I think I should try the shampoo... Maybe I can reduce the number of brands I use some more. That EO Nourishing Conditioner and Whole Blends is still on the table for next month though. I still have time to try out stuff in my stash before purchasing those.

I don't know if I mentioned this, but I bought a cute synthetic wig for work. It's short, sassy and blonde. I love it, but the cap was too tight, so I cut off the straps.

Eventually I want to buy a white bookshelf/table to keep all of my hair products organized. Digging under the sink and in the cabinets is no fun :nono:

I used a gift certificate to buy some peppermint oil, rosemary oil, tea tree oil, and fenugreek seeds.

I'm supposed to be organizing my hair products and purging. I don't even want to look at all the spots where I've got stuff stashed. I just want to pretend like my little bathroom wall cabinet is my entire hair product world.

I know I'm not going to throw/give products away because if I'd done that with my APB Ultra Conditioning Souffle or Camille Rose Naturals Style Setter, I'd still be purchasing and trialing for a protein-free DC and a styling butter . . . and these two products turned out to be GREAT for my hair on the second use. I have to keep products around until I'm sure they're a fail.

Y'all, I really cannot buy anything else. There's not even time to try all this stuff. Coconut oil, castor oil, and EVOO have to be it for the YEAR. Besides the SM hipo masque if I'm having a hair emergency or something, no reups even.

I have to shut her down. :cry4:

I don't know if I mentioned this, but I bought a cute synthetic wig for work. It's short, sassy and blonde. I love it, but the cap was too tight, so I cut off the straps.

Eventually I want to buy a white bookshelf/table to keep all of my hair products organized. Digging under the sink and in the cabinets is no fun :nono:
I thought about doing the same thing. I already have my eyes on a bookcase/shelf that has about 5 or 6 shelves and doors so I can close it. I like that one but it's a little over $300. Hmm, I may still get it a little later.

Back