APL 2012 Challenge

transitioning?

NikkiQ said:
^^^Thanks! lol work has taken over ever free moment I have lately. I do promotional modeling for Jagermeister so around Mardi Gras, we get stupid busy. This upcoming weekend I work everyday from Thursday to Monday. Hair has been the LAST thing on my mind. I haven't done a flippin thing to it. Just moisturizing every day, but that's about it.

Do u wear wigs for ur shoots?

lilyofthenile

I've been off coffee for about a week, trying to keep this up! Upping my water in take and drinking more green smoothies, APL will be mine this year!!

BlkOnyx488

Checking in. Still in Braids. I think I will do an official Length Check and trim at the end of the month. My Regi is so easy it's on auto pilot LOL

I am hoping to be APL in the back by March 1.

transitioning?

NikkiQ said:
Yeah, but it depends on the type of shoot/promo. If it's something kinda....sexy :look: I usually do a straight sew in and have the stylist curl it for me. That way you can pose without worrying about a wig coming off :lol:

Haha. Your wig coming off would not be sexy. I can imagine that now. Lol

livinthevida

2 more weeks from today!!!! and I get to post what my hair/scalp looks like 30 days after my first set of pictures - yay!

A big thing I notice since "truly" caring for my hair and scalp (deep conditioning, moisturizing ends, natural air dry, roller sets) is that it feels stronger and thicker from the root. It's like that feeling when you hold your hair to put it in a ponytail and the part your holding feels like a whole lot more than the before - that's when you know your hair is healthier!!! :yep:

Happy Valentine's Day Ladies!

transitioning?

Hey guys. I have an update. My nape is at Apl and I'm hype. I won't claim it until most of my hair reaches. But I can't believe that I've come this far. When I first joined all I wanted was for at least one strand to be apl. Lol. I have pics. The 6 on my bootleg shirt is apl. HHJ

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120215_010111.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120215_010111.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 43

sweet_silvia88

checking in.... doing well so far, the front of my hair have just passed my nose so that was one of my goals so im really happy!

Next is to pass my collar bone... im really near it...hope i will be past collarbone by June.

will update when im 18 months post relaxer(6 months natural)

wishing everyone good luck :)

faithVA

Hey guys. I have an update. My nape is at Apl and I'm hype. I won't claim it until most of my hair reaches. But I can't believe that I've come this far. When I first joined all I wanted was for at least one strand to be apl. Lol. I have pics. The 6 on my bootleg shirt is apl. HHJ

Congratulations transitioning. It looks really good.

Poutchi

Congrats!!! :)

lamaria211

Congrats ur hair is beautiful and thick:grin:

Evolving78

nothing much going on since my hair is braided up. i am so glad i don't have to worry about it. i will plan to do this again until i reach APL.

PaigeJessica

I've been wearing a braid out all week. It was actually a braid & curl so I wouldn't have jacked, puffy ends, but the end result was the same and my hair puffed up anyway. Sleeping in those hard rollers was not worth it lol. I'm getting some curlformers to try out Friday for my birthday :)

kittenz

NikkiQ I am too! I haven't figured out how I'll length check but I think I may be SL, but I don't want to get my hopes up... I've been researching straightening tips to avoid heat damage if I go that route.

faithVA

Few more weeks til our first official check in!!!

Am I the only one nervous as all outdoors?? :nervous2:

I'm not nervous as much as I am discouraged. I swear I don't see any difference in my hair since early fall of last year :nono:

I just want the 31st to come to get it over with. I'm not straightening though, its just going to be a pull test of my hair. Maybe I throw some curlformers in it.

I'm over this hair. I just am :sad:

NikkiQ

^^^I'm in the same boat as you. I don't see not a millimeter of a difference in growth since the beginning of the year. It just makes it seem like making APL by anytime before December really hard for me, but I WILL be there by December. Believe that!

I'll be doing a pull test too. No heat for me until next month. I wonder if I can leave these Celies in for another week or so. This Saturday makes 3 weeks and they're still hanging in there.

faithVA

^^^I'm in the same boat as you. I don't see not a millimeter of a difference in growth since the beginning of the year. It just makes it seem like making APL by anytime before December really hard for me, but I WILL be there by December. Believe that!

I'll be doing a pull test too. No heat for me until next month. I wonder if I can leave these Celies in for another week or so. This Saturday makes 3 weeks and they're still hanging in there.

I'm going to do heat for our June progress check.

The only little bit of sanity is coming from having my twist up in a banana clip. Every time I think about pulling a twist to length check I can't because its clipped up. I'm too lazy to take out the bobby pins, take out the banana clip, have my hair all wild, pull down the twist to the same point its been at for 50-11 years, then put it all back up :nono:

Laziness is my friend :lol: