APL 2012 Challenge

EasypeaZee

Hey ladies!! So I finally permed after a year long stretch and I'm really excited so far... I'm currently under the dryer so I can't take pics but I wanted to keep you updated and let you know I will most definitely be taking pictures when I'm all done! :) :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Evolving78

i am dying over here! i wanna wash my hair so bad. i got one more week with this dang cast on! i tried to wash in the sink. braided it and my braids came loose under the water.

does anyone know of another method i can try? my hair feels like crap.

sajjy

@sajjy! WOW! It looks very natural and nothing like a wig! How did you make it?
livinthevida
Thank you for making my image visible:bighug:
On to the wig at hand:lol: I found some old tracks of indian hair and i made a U-part wig (on a dome cap). Also had a lace wig in terrible shape but of the same texrure hair so I made a closure out of it. Makeshift for sure... random hair laying around the house:look: I doing a countdown waiting for this ONYC hair to be delievered between that and pulling on the my hair for lenght checks daily... I'm going:spinning::drunk:crazy :perplexed

livinthevida

BronxJazzy, pookaloo83, NikkiQ I like your hair setting! ALOT!

pookaloo83 I think these curls came out nice and are pretty the way they fall. Will you do an updo instead?

bludaydreamer thanks for checking in to LHCF! I was going to ask if you were in boot camp looking at those bunker beds :) Thank You for your service in the military. I think it takes courage and real gusto to perform any one of the many tasks members of our military carry out. Kudos to you! Please let us know how are you doing there and here with happy hair growing :)

buddhas_mom WOW! Amazing hair growth! What has worked in your reggie these past 6 months?

sajjy nice job! really it is very natural looking! Please post pics when the ONYC hair arrives :)

diadall

EasypeaZee said:
Okay ladies I know it doesn't look like much due to my roller set but bear with me! Lol

Looks nice! Is this your first time straight? It does look longer wet.

EasypeaZee

diadall said:
Looks nice! Is this your first time straight? It does look longer wet.

No ma'am I stretched for a year. This is what it looked like in may

image-1937424726.jpg

I refuse to do another year long stretch, however, I will stretch my relaxers every 3 months... As of today I am collar bone length... Yippee!

NikkiQ

I was getting way too many sisde eyes and remarks this morning about my hair so I slicked it back into my trust old puff to shut everyone up. It didn't phase me in the least bit, but it annoyed the crap out of me.

diadall

NikkiQ said:
I was getting way too many sisde eyes and remarks this morning about my hair so I slicked it back into my trust old puff to shut everyone up. It didn't phase me in the least bit, but it annoyed the crap out of me.

Wasn't it slicked already?

pookaloo83

NikkiQ said:

What was bring said? Are you not allowed to wear your hair out?

Sent from my iPhone 4s

NikkiQ

No there are no restrictions on hairstyles that we can wear around here. I just got tired of hearing people saying "WHOA!" all overdramatic and sayin "wow...your hair is kinda wild and crazy today huh? Didn't have time to actually fix it huh?"

TheNDofUO

No there are no restrictions on hairstyles that we can wear around here. I just got tired of hearing people saying "WHOA!" all overdramatic and sayin "wow...your hair is kinda wild and crazy today huh? Didn't have time to actually fix it huh?"

NikkiQ. They didn't?! Well, you know what? I have a penchant for crazy hair and I've had to deal with it all through high school. But, I learned that people are only reacting to different. When they get used to your hair out they'll shut up. Unless you think you can keep your hair in a puff for however long its better to let it out now. you putting your hair un a puff told them that they were right about the scruffiness. You need to be like "No, I'm wearing my hair like this because I like it like this, I am not growing my hair out to keep it permanently slicked back". People will always hold their opinions but once they realise their opinions don't matter they'll stop voicing them. HTH!

Khaiya

LOVING all the hair pics we're getting in here! Definitely the most lively challenge ever! I'm DCing at the moment, gonna go workout in a bit and then wash my hair out and thread it. It was feeling a little tangly, think maybe i had protein overload cause the CON Argan Oil condish does have some protein in it so in future i'll know to use it sparingly if i don't want protein overload. I still like it a lot tho.

livinthevida

NikkiQ that bites! Forget everyone else people will look and people will talk :drunk: You know I would have definitely left my hair the way I came in the door is the way I leave :yep:

lamaria211

Ok im really on mi ishhh now ladies because I want tp be bsl by 2013 and on order to do that I need to make it to apl very soon. So I have decided to adopt lady pianolos deep moisture reggie starting yesterday and ive up my vitamins to AppliedNutrition Hair&Nails vits with silica, biotin 5000, omega 3,6,9, msm 1000, and super b complex. Ive also upd my water intake again and ive started working out again:)

livinthevida

NikkiQ. They didn't?! Well, you know what? I have a penchant for crazy hair and I've had to deal with it all through high school. But, I learned that people are only reacting to different. When they get used to your hair out they'll shut up. Unless you think you can keep your hair in a puff for however long its better to let it out now. you putting your hair un a puff told them that they were right about the scruffiness. You need to be like "No, I'm wearing my hair like this because I like it like this, I am not growing my hair out to keep it permanently slicked back". People will always hold their opinions but once they realise their opinions don't matter they'll stop voicing them. HTH!
Well said TheNDofUO! Well said! I never realized the TRUE meaning of this saying until I arrived into my late 20's I am now in my early 30's:

"If being different is being you then do YOU! At least you can say you were just being yourself" :grin:

NikkiQ I hope these :flowers:cheer you up!

livinthevida

Ok im really on mi ishhh now ladies because I want tp be bsl by 2013 and on order to do that I need to make it to apl very soon. So I have decided to adopt lady pianolos deep moisture reggie starting yesterday and ive up my vitamins to AppliedNutrition Hair&Nails vits with silica, biotin 5000, omega 3,6,9, msm 1000, and super b complex. Ive also upd my water intake again and ive started working out again:)
Congratulations lamaria211! Please do tell what is the lady pianolos deep moisture reggie?

EasypeaZee

livinthevida said:
@EasypeaZee what did you put in your hair for the setting? Very pretty results! :yep:

I do believe it was mousse. I went to the salon because after my year stretch I was too scared to self relax. My hair feels very crunchy though and I can't wait until I get home to Moisturize and scarf it up

buddhas_mom

livinthevida said:
buddhas_mom WOW! Amazing hair growth! What has worked in your reggie these past 6 months?

Thank you! I've changed a lot in the past 6 months. I started working out regularly, drinking more water and straightening my hair less often. I do a lot more wash and gos. I also moved to Mississippi from Georgia. The water quality for hair purposes only (the taste is awful) seems to be better here. My hair likes Mississippi water. And just leaving my hair alone, since I don't have time to pay attention to it, have all helped with my growth. The products in my reggie haven't changed.

faithVA

@NikkiQ. They didn't?! Well, you know what? I have a penchant for crazy hair and I've had to deal with it all through high school. But, I learned that people are only reacting to different. When they get used to your hair out they'll shut up. Unless you think you can keep your hair in a puff for however long its better to let it out now. you putting your hair un a puff told them that they were right about the scruffiness. You need to be like "No, I'm wearing my hair like this because I like it like this, I am not growing my hair out to keep it permanently slicked back". People will always hold their opinions but once they realise their opinions don't matter they'll stop voicing them. HTH!

I agree with all of this. But I really do think its the bolded. I don't think most people are responding personally. People have big mouths. Yes that's a fault :lol: But they are only noticing something different.

It is aggravating now but next time you will be ready. And as you
hold to your guns they won't say anything. Eventually they won't even notice.

SavannahNatural

Re: QTR1 Length Check

bludaydreamer

How long have you been in AFGH? If not long consider rinsing your hair with the bottled water, if you haven't been doing that already. It was so tedious, but I believe it helped my hair! The amount of chlorine in our water scared the mess out of me, however I used it until I got to my final rinse every time I washed. Then I grabbed a case of water and just rinsed until I was comfortable. Although you showed tent pictures, which makes me think you're on your way out?! (I could be wrong). I worked insane hours, but they were repetitive which allowed me to have a great DC schedule! Find a schedule for yourself if you can to make sure your hair is cared for while there.

Either way check out Sister Soldier. They'll provide a few great products for deployed Soldiers (Troops/Airmen/Marines/Sailors). Please pass it on to your fellow ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :) . While I was there I did everything in my power to keep my hair straight while I tried to transition. It was tough, but I managed, and the Sister Soldier project provided a wonderful box of goodies to help! If you need anything (hair care wise) feel free to PM me and I'll try and help where I can!

Stay Safe!

Last edited:

EasypeaZee

Sigh since my relaxer I can't keep my fingers out of my hair! It's surprisingly thick, which i looove and my hands can't get enough!!! Help!! Lol