APL 2012 Challenge

Lurkee

Lurkee try the foam rollers you may like the results! I've set my hair using the snap on and foam rollers and found the foam rollers give me better volume!

To protect your edges set rollers going forward like in the picture here you can then curl your hair over your edges. You can brush your hair forward and to the side or create a look with curly bangs :yep:

livinthevida thanks for the advice. I will try the foam rollers. Flexi rods are such a pain...:sad:

Fyne

*Update*

I will get someone to take proper pics to show length tommorrow but im a good 4-6 inchs away!

Ok so on relaxer day (1st March) after a 26 week stretch; I had chewed up ends so I dusted and had 4 inches to APL.....now :drunk:

Pic on the Left today, Right 4 weeks ago:

^^ Just 4 weeks...Stick with your game plan ladies! Til APL do us part!!! (of course you lovely graduates are welcome to stay and hangout :D)

Lurkee

I swear by daily scalp massages, cowashing and air drying for improving the thickness :yep:

Fyne air drying leaves me with brittle hair. I normally roller set weekly but once I wrap the curls, it back to thin city. Leaving the curls makes my hair look super short.

Lurkee

Lurkee I feel you on that my hair needs some sort of tension to dry successfully otherwise its a frizzy mess. Sometimes I air dry a roller set but all I do now is air dry with the scarf method with rollers on the ends for tension (got that from sunnib's fotki http://public.fotki.com/sunnieb/rollersettingstretc/) and I had to give up heat on a low heat reggie

Fyne this sounds wonderful! I will try this next wash day. It will save me all the manipulation of rollersetting and this coupled with livingthevida 's idea should hopefully leave me using heat less.

Thanks ladies. :bighug:

Last edited:

The Princess

I bailed out on doing a rollerset, due to being lazy. Attached is my picture. Yes, its on wet hair, it will be awhile before I use heat. Heat is the reason I had to start over.

Wet hair looks longer.

Attachments

• 31 March 12.jpg
    31 March 12.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 99

kittenz

Ok, here it is.

I made SL:grin: and my afro grew!
I BCed at 11 months post on 11/25/11 so I'm happy with my progress.

Attachments

• March LC.jpg
    March LC.jpg
    469.6 KB · Views: 70

SavannahNatural

Here is the unveiling of my progress.

I'm a little perturbed about the size (read distance) of the pictures, however I do believe I'm roughly an inch to 1.5 inches away. So if I do a bit better with my moisturizing, and maybe pick back up on taking my vitamins I just might make it sooner rather than later.

I'm officially adjusting my "make-it" date to end of May beginning of June 2012 :yay:

Attachments

• Photos from Jan 4, 2012-1.jpg
    Photos from Jan 4, 2012-1.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 66

pookaloo83

Went digging trough my old pics and this is my braidout from April 2011 vs my braidout today

My hair in March and April of this year Below

faithVA

There sure is so pretty hurr up in here. :lick:

Congratulations to everyone that made it to APL and to those who have made progress. :congrats: Let's keep it going ladies.

bibs

My starting pics

This is a pic from January I already posted in here, but for reference

I lightly flat ironed on Tuesday, 3-27, for an interview (so I could have a longer bun) and these are the pics from then.

I think I got a little fullness, but because of my cut in January, I'm not seeing too much progress :cry2: My goal was to hit APL by August. I don't think that's happening. Maybe by my birthday in October :ohwell:

Last edited:

TruMe

Please excuse me but I will do a length check in the morning, I am so tired and am about to go to bed.

The Princess

bibs said:
My starting pics

This is a pic from January I already posted in here, but for reference

I lightly flat ironed on Tuesday, 3-27, for an interview (so I could have a longer bun) and these are the pics from then.

I think I got a little fullness, but because of my cut in January, I'm not seeing too much progress :cry2: My goal was to hit APL by August. I don't think that's happening. Maybe by my birthday in October :ohwell:

You have alot of fullness

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Here's my humble check-in picture. Didn't want to be left out. :grin: Apologies for the poor quality; found an older camera so had to make due with that.
I attempted to straighten the nape area but it seems that my hair still shrinks up regardless. :ohwell: Looks like I'm much closer to APL than I thought... maybe another two inches?
See you all on the next quarter check-in! HHJ!

Last edited:

Fyne

@coolsista-paris @gforceroy @Lurkee @livinthevida @GaiasDaughter24 @faithVA @AryaStarr258 @esi.adokowa @mami2010 @The Princess @kittenz @@blcbuty@ @pookaloo83 @bibs @Meritamen @NikkiQ

Thank you ladies for sharing progress/length check pics, ive noticed thickening(faith) peeps being ridiculously close and leaps and bounds in progress. This thread is inspiring!! :yep:

All this progress makes me wanna put my game face on, because im not playing with APL!

Til APL do us part and BEYOND!!

P.S @TLC1020 Your Cheeziness where you at ladies?!

Last edited:

growingbrown

My results:

ForumRunner_20120401_075703.jpg

ForumRunner_20120401_075713.jpg

ForumRunner_20120401_075729.jpg

ForumRunner_20120401_075743.jpg

ForumRunner_20120401_075755.jpg

The first two were taken on Dec 30. The last three were taken yesterday. It looks like I'm retaining all my growth. I did one trim of about. 1/4 inch.

The Princess

Any of you all go to a domican salon, to get your hair done. Im thinking of going in two weeks to get a roller set. What y'all think.