APL 2012 Challenge

NikkiQ

Well no pics of my bantu knot out b/c it was an epic fail! It didn't dry in time for my girls night out so I rocked a funky ponytail and fro'd out bangs. I have a side profile shot on my phone. I'll get on from my phone and post it for you guys in a bit. I'm loving the red color even though it's not as light as I want it to be.

newnyer

Well I kind of had a fail this weekend, too. LOL. I did a henna treatment & called my self making my hair darker by putting cocoa powder & amla oil in the mix. Well- it sure did make it darker...now it has a burgandy reddish tint versus my normal dark auburn henna'd hair. Ok, ok bright side is that the henna is still good for my hair & I actually do like the color for the time being. Lol. Hell maybe I'll just get a dark brown or black rinse & call it a day.

NikkiQ

Okay ladies...my phone wouldn't let me upload from there so sorry if they're small.

and PLEASE don't laugh at my sad little bun. I was just showing my friend that my hair isn't long enough to do a decent bun :sad::nono:

Attachments

• 2012-03-03 19.27.22.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 2012-03-03 20.40.47.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 58

coolsista-paris

I shampooed.today. Conditionned +oil rinse...then blow.dried .i lost à bit more hair that.last time exept for the section where s curl gel was added .know what to do next time+ not pull so hard.i use tension method but dont.want it that straight as i put it up.i had fun.acting stupid shaking my hair around and enjoying before putting back my.wig for.3 weeks ...or 4.

ForumRunner_20120305_183738.jpg

ForumRunner_20120305_183801.jpg

Fyne

^^^ I hear you on that. All I seem to care about is my hair. I am trying to make this journey into a mind,body and soul one but its hard. I'm trying to make healthier choices food wise and step up my workout plan as summer is around the corner loool

PaigeJessica

Bunning today. I really need to wash my hair tonight, my scalp is not happy.

Attachments

• image-3666134332.jpg
    image-3666134332.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 48
  • image-3053265620.jpg
    image-3053265620.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 46

Kerryann

think im going to stop oiling scalp because i started bikram yoga again today and a wet head is nasty with oils

coolsista-paris

Fyne said:
^^^ I hear you on that. All I seem to care about is my hair. I am trying to make this journey into a mind,body and soul one but its hard. I'm trying to make healthier choices food wise and step up my workout plan as summer is around the corner loool

Me too! Shaping the body back...i have become à healthy eater since pregnancy ...but i also choose food thats gonna benefit my hair. :) obsession !!!

kittenz

:Hiya: ladies!! Beautiful color @NikkiQ and your blowout is so pretty @coolsista-paris

ETA: PaigeJessica that bun is very pretty :yep:

Here are some recent pics. My hair appears to have lots of different textures. I love most of them, lol:spinning:

some of the loose hair in the front was finger coiled to hide the lack of curl
text2.jpg

text.jpg

Evolving78

nothing much going on. i will be washing when my steamer gets here. i got my steamer from ebay. salonsupplystore. i am going to call them to see if someone can walk me though putting the steamer together. i have dealt with plenty of facial steamers in my line of business, so hopefully that knowledge will come in handy. i am going to be pissed if that thing doesn't work!

pookaloo83

A twist out today. My hair feels dry do I think I may wash and dc. Depending ohow I feel. Tummy is acting up.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Attachments

• image-24602434.jpg
    image-24602434.jpg
    371.4 KB · Views: 40
  • image-3057308769.jpg
    image-3057308769.jpg
    435.7 KB · Views: 40

PaigeJessica

Thanks ladies :)

coolsista-paris said:
PaigeJessica: nice full bun . I need more application ..

coolsista-paris
This is my first time wearing a cinnabun out of the house. I tried before but it was an epic fail. My hair is too thick when not in twists and it would not stay pinned down in a bun. I'm finding I'm able to do a lot of fun styles in twists that look awful otherwise.

esi.adokowa

I'm sitting in Starbucks thinking about hair (what else is new?). I've decided to do a corrective on my ends when I get home.
I left them for the last year because they looked cute with the ends all curly in a banana clip.
However, my hair's too long to wear a banana clip the way I like it. So I'll do a corrective and roller set tonight, and then make that video of my bun.

LuvlyRain3

Ive decided to wait until my nappiversary to trim again. that way i can have fresh wash n gos for the summer. until then i will just continue to baby my ends and keep my hair stretched. my ends look decent and i just want to keep them that way.

HauteHippie

Today is relaxer day for me, I'm at Dominican Expressions. I usually feel like I look like a wet rat when I initially get my relaxer, so I might wait til closer to the 31st to post update pics.

NikkiQ

I'm almost tempted to put in a set of twists for a twist out this weekend, but I'm uber lazy right now :lol:

pookaloo83

Forced myself to get up and wash and dc my hair. Now I hit but in 4 big plaits to airdry a bit then put the in my trusty dusty twists for bed.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

SavannahNatural

kittenz said:
:Hiya: ladies!! Beautiful color @NikkiQ and your blowout is so pretty @coolsista-paris

ETA: PaigeJessica that bun is very pretty :yep:

Here are some recent pics. My hair appears to have lots of different textures. I love most of them, lol:spinning:

some of the loose hair in the front was finger coiled to hide the lack of curl

I wish I could finger coil my looser texture. I've tried and feel like all it does is laugh at me and say, "Honey, please... You know we don't do that!". Lol

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Evolving78

i am being lazy this week and i am going to roll my hair on big rollers. so i will just be bunning for the rest of the week with that set. i decided to not wait until my steamer came and pre poo my hair for tomorrow/today. my hair was crying for it. i am going to buy that mizani night treatment stuff and see if it really works to stop breakage.