Anyone wear track by track sewn in extensions?

Hey everyone

I wanted to know if there is anyone on here who uses maybe 3-5 tracks sewn in, instead of a full hair weave, and how does it work for you?

I have never had a weave before. Growing up I didn't really know it existed and then when I found out about it, I knew it was against my religion at the time anyways.

So before I just cover my head in braids and a stranger's hair, I want to just try out a few pieces. I don't want clip ins, I want them sewn in.

So any experiences would be helpful.

And why do stylists charge more for this than they do a full weave? They want $15 to $25 a track! Maybe its better?

Thanks in advance!

PPGbubbles

I never wear track by track extentions but I have installed them for friends.

They work fine for the intended purpose which is to add length and fullness to hair. If that is your goal this will suit you fine.

If your goal is to do a protective style I would recomend a full or head or partial weave with a limited amout of hair left out. So that your hair will not be manipulated

Track by track exentensions still require you to straighten and blend the hair around the track in a much more inconspicous manner than with a full weave. So the cornrows are smaller and the sewing more diliberate (Usually) Not to mention beauticians need to make a buck so thats why it cost more.

And as the wearer you still need to straighten the entire portion of hair left out to blend and that can be stressfull on the hair. In the track by track method hair is left out in between each track.

So I wouldnt say one is better than the other because they serve different functions

chelleypie810

I did it and I loved it! It was nice for me because I wasn't as worried about thinning out and stuff that I have gotten before from a full head of weave. I dunno i think its pretty good for finer strand ladies.

Leesh

In My opinion, track by track can cause tension on each braid, I learned the hard way, I had an install done and when I removed it the entire braid was "gone" No exaggeration, I was bald down to about a 3rd of an inch, Just food for thought!

Rose1

I had 4 sew in tracks put in a few months ago as I wanted to add colour without dying my own hair. I loved the look as it also made my hair appear thicker, but I'm not sure whether I would try it again as it caused breakage in some areas. If anything, I would personally go for a full weave to protect my hair.

Oh goodness the whole braid was gone?

I been thinking about it and maybe the best thing to do would be a partial sew in. Like maybe 4-5 rows at the back.

Maybe that way all my hair on the top can hang over and I can keep the back protected.

The back is the problem area cuz it always rubs against my sweaters and turtlenecks and coats. Even my car headrest. I just want to give the back part a break.

Updos and ponytails just aren't doing enough to protect it.

Sugarhoney

I've done it before on my self and i have done it on others hair. It is ok if you want to have thickness and slightly more length, but you must not pull or be rough with your hair. It is mainly for those who already have long hair. It is also easier to do a touch-up on the tracks and keep it in longer, as you can un-do a row at a time and comb hair fall and rebraid & sew. My hair is very fine and it did alright, but I don't comb (roughly) or manipulate my hair often.

Leesh

Or, Yea I'm back, LOL! Or You can lay the tracks the opposite of the Cornrows, which would put the tension on more then just one braid, its a lot stronger that way. Just an option!

Last edited:

simone103

A few years ago when I first started wearing weaves I used to get them track by track. You have to be really diligent with your hair, because it caused my hair to thin out and break off. I really think if you are going to get a weave you're better getting either a full-head or partial sewn-in.

Rose1

The fact that I wrapped my every night with the track by track sew in did not help matters either. :nono:

amerAKAn_dream

You'd be better off getting a sew-in with a lil bit of leave out because after awhile it can be damaging. Take it from me *cries* LOL