Anyone using Bone Combs?

Just wanted to report in that I finally ordered my comb from Hairsense, and I got it 2 days ago. I immediately tried it out on my 10 weeks of new growth and saw about 3 hairs in the comb. THANK YOU NAPPYWOMAN for letting us all in on these bone combs!!:D

Catina72 said:
Just wanted to report in that I finally ordered my comb from Hairsense, and I got it 2 days ago. I immediately tried it out on my 10 weeks of new growth and saw about 3 hairs in the comb. THANK YOU NAPPYWOMAN for letting us all in on these bone combs!!:D

Now I wanna order me one. You get yours from hairsence Catina72?

Letitia said:
Now I wanna order me one. You get yours from hairsence Catina72?

Hey YOU!!:wave: Anywho, yes I ordered directly from the hairsense website, not the ebay site. I love my comb, it was the 11 dollar one...

Catina72 said:
Hey YOU!!:wave: Anywho, yes I ordered directly from the hairsense website, not the ebay site. I love my comb, it was the 11 dollar one...

Hey Hey Ms Catina. Good seeing ya.

I cant get the site to work. I can click on the left side but no pictures or prices come up. I might try it again.

Last edited:
Letitia said:
I cant get the site to work. I can click on the left side but no pictures or prices come up. I might try it again.

Girl I thought the same thing too!! The actual pics of the combs are all the way down the page so you actually need to scroll down and VIOLA! There are the darn combs!

Catina72 said:
Girl I thought the same thing too!! The actual pics of the combs are all the way down the page so you actually need to scroll down and VIOLA! There are the darn combs!

Thanks so much. I just made my order.:)

I used my humongous detangler comb after tonight's wash and loved every minute of it. I also have a smaller rake comb that work really well when I want to blend a part away and wear my hair straight back. Love these combs.

Priestess said:
I used my humongous detangler comb after tonight's wash and loved every minute of it. I also have a smaller rake comb that work really well when I want to blend a part away and wear my hair straight back. Love these combs.

I should have ordered a rake comb. I just didnt see it on the Ebay site.

I love my bone combs. I bought them a year ago when I was starting out. I bought the really large detangler and a small rattail to smooth my hair for rollersets. I must admit it did take me a while to get used to them because they seemed so hard and sharp on my hair. I thought they would cut all my fine hair up into little pieces. But eventually I got used to them and can't do without them now.

I think I'm going to order from another vendor and not HairSense.com. After further investigation, it seems the combs are made of resin and not actual Horns/Bones...

Lanelle said:
I think I'm going to order from another vendor and not HairSense.com. After further investigation, it seems the combs are made of resin and not actual Horns/Bones...

Yup they're made out of organic resin, as are most 'bone' combs on the market nowadays. One made out of actual bone are much rarer, difficult to obtain and smaller. Imagine trying to make a large detangling rake out of one horn!:lol: :lachen:

SohoHair said:
Yup they're made out of organic resin, as are most 'bone' combs on the market nowadays. One made out of actual bone are much rarer, difficult to obtain and smaller. Imagine trying to make a large detangling rake out of one horn!:lol: :lachen:

I actually found a horn comb (from the ox horn) with wide teeth...it's not a rake but as long as it has wide teeth then it should work for me. :)

Bought this comb over the weekend from hairsense and I can't wait to try it:

206.jpg

january noir said:
OOohhh, that's not good. :( Did you order from their site by phone or from eBay? At the least, I hope you love your comb when you do receive it. Let us know lil'paw.

Hey January Noir and All,
I finally received my comb in the mail on Saturday the 13th. I ordered the big rake comb with the handle from the website on 12/31. I used it on Sunday for the first time with good results.:)
Hang in there chayil0427 they use first class mail which can be slow. I'm in Georgia and she is in Virginia and it took me 10 days to get mine. The lady over there says some have reported waiting up to three weeks!:confused:

All this talk about bone combs made me jump on the website and place my order. Can't wait to get my combs!

Got my combs today. The smaller one I ordered has a little wider teeth than I anticipated, but it was nice because it smoothed down my hair without making that ripping sound. I also liked that it penetrated to the scalp.

I'm looking forward to trying out the larger comb to detangle during my wash.

Chayil

chayil0427 said:
Got my combs today. The smaller one I ordered has a little wider teeth than I anticipated, but it was nice because it smoothed down my hair without making that ripping sound. I also liked that it penetrated to the scalp.

I'm looking forward to trying out the larger comb to detangle during my wash.

Chayil

I've been using my combs faithfully since I purchased them (I put my others in a box under the sink). The small detangler I have is just fabulous. I carry it with me in my handbag and on overnights. My hair detangles quickly and with no ripping or snagging and I am almost 9 weeks post relaxer. They are fantastic!
I can't sing these comb's praises loud enough.

I ordered my bone comb from hairsense this past weekend
and received it today (Wed). I love, love this comb! It just
glides through my hair...

Back