Anyone used castor oil for hair growth?

Zay-neey

usually i see people using it for hair thickness.
anyone used it for hair growth and got good results?
how often did you use it?
i wanted to mix it with sublime sulfur and another oil, and scalp massage daily

Coffee

I used it last year in challenge on another hair forum. Oiled my scalp with it for 3 months, every other day and also put some in my DC. Not only did I get thickness, I did get some nice growth.

Last edited:

RarityFluttershy

I Was Reading Somewhere That Castor Oil And Sweet Almond Oil Or Almond Oil Promote Hair Growth. I Do Not Know How True This Is Though.

Last edited:

mscocoface

I use this oil mainly in the winter months to cover the ends of my hair because coconut oil has a tendency to not work as well because of the cold in the air.

toinette

Tricking the president
Castor oil is great for growth. its the only oil i use on my scalp and i mixed it into my Mega-Tek that i apply on my scalp sometimes as well

keelioness

Coffee.. your hair looks so lush and healthy in ur siggy.. can you explain more..how often did you oil your scalp? How much did you use? Did you do it on wash day? Etc..
TIA

My Friend

I used it last year in challenge on another hair forum. Oiled my scalp with it for 3 months, every other day and also put some in my DC. Not only did I get thickness, I did get some nice growth.

Coffee

I always see your post about products but rarely I don't think I've seen your hair :nono:Other than your siggy. Would love to see what all those products have done for your hair.

lilyofthenile

I used straight regular castor oil for my edges especially and saw results within a month. I used it every other day-ish.

I love castor oil for growth. It did wonders for my mom's hair who was balding (I used JBCO for her).

Coffee

@Coffee

I always see your post about products but rarely I don't think I've seen your hair :nono:Other than your siggy. Would love to see what all those products have done for your hair.

The siggy pic was taken in July. I've got about 2 more inches of growth since then. I did post a picture of the new growth a couple of weeks ago.

Coffee

@Coffee.. your hair looks so lush and healthy in ur siggy.. can you explain more..how often did you oil your scalp? How much did you use? Did you do it on wash day? Etc..
TIA

I oiled my scalp every other day, using enough to oil my scalp :lachen:. I didn't oil on wash day, but I did use Castor oil in my DC. I only did the challenge for 3 months.

qwnbee1

Castor oil will not only thicken your hair, but will grow it also...when i use it religiously, it will come in so lush and thick i have constant new growth that i can't keep up with...my new growth is thick and wavy...i love using castor oil just for the rejuvenative properties it gives my hair, but i don't do it often...only when my hair is acting really funky and needs a boost...it's a heavy oil, and i have fine hair.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
:bump:

Has anyone started with APL and then went to MBL, WL, or longer from using castor oil on your scalp?

SoopremeBeing

I'm in the current Castor Oil challenge, and I normally apply castor oil to my edges and nape. These are my problem areas. I have a natural oil mix that includes castor oil an I apply that to my entire head.

triniprincess6

Castor oil will not only thicken your hair, but will grow it also...when i use it religiously, it will come in so lush and thick i have constant new growth that i can't keep up with...my new growth is thick and wavy...i love using castor oil just for the rejuvenative properties it gives my hair, but i don't do it often...only when my hair is acting really funky and needs a boost...it's a heavy oil, and i have fine hair.

Yessss!!! I used it and it was def too heavy for my hair... i have fine hair.. and i dont think i used it long enough to see growth. i read somewhere that you don't wanna clog your scalp cuz then you'll get no growth (not sure how true this is) but it scared me into not using CO anymore.

Misseyl

I've been using Castro Oil for over 3 months and nothing. My sister recently told me that African's Best Organic Oil Cream is helping to grow her edges back so I've purchased a tub and will be using it consistently for the next couple of months to see if anything happens. My sis also use some African Best Oil but this product has mineral oil so I'll use the Castro Oil with the Organic Oil Cream and cross my fingers. I'll update you guys in mid November.

lamaria211

Misseyl said:
I've been using Castro Oil for over 3 months and nothing. My sister recently told me that African's Best Organic Oil Cream is helping to grow her edges back so I've purchased a tub and will be using it consistently for the next couple of months to see if anything happens. My sis also use some African Best Oil but this product has mineral oil so I'll use the Castro Oil with the Organic Oil Cream and cross my fingers. I'll update you guys in mid November.

I have Africa's Best Herbal oil and mine has no mineral oil in it

innerbeautyy

I've been using Lavender JBCO for 3 months now and noticed a tremendous different in my hair overall. Not only are my edges and nape filling in nicely but my ng is so soft and thick. I'm sure that regular castor oil will give you the same results. Consistency is the key.