Anyone use castor oil on the scalp...

Lissamz

I was told by my Aunt not to use castor oil on my daughter's scalp or mine...I was wondering if anyone in the forum has used castor oil on the scalp...?:ohwell:

cici22

I remember reading that a member based her scalp with castor oil before a relaxer, but I don't know if anyone uses it on their scalp on a regular basis.

Did your Aunt say why you shouldn't use it on your scalp?

Evazhair

Did she offer a reason why? I have always understood it to be an "old time" remedy used on babies/toddler's hair, esp for growth. I have never come across anything saying it was not suitable for scalp. I put it in a homemade mixture for my post relaxer scalp and new growth. My mixture is soothing and eliminates post relaxer dry scalp. It helps to "heal" up any irritation in my scalp. If castor oil is used internally, why is it not safe for the scalp.

brownsugarflyygirl

I used to....I diluted it with jojoba and spiked with with pepperment and rosemary EOs. I use that mixture on both my scalp and hair with no problems. I would even say I got positive results in a non-irritated scalp, no flaking, and super soft hair. The only reason I stopped is because I ran out of castor oil...and havent take the time to restock.

natural_one

I use it on my scalp also; It keeps the itchies and flakes away. I have found it to be the best thing for my hair and scalp. Since I started using it I have stopped using all my other products. The only thing I have any issue with is the smell. I am thinking about going out and getting some peppermint oil to mask it.

sonce

I use it in a mixture of other carrier oils and essential oils. I can't say if it has yielded results yet, but we'll see.

tenderheaded

I use a mixture of 1 pt castor oil to 1 pt camellia oil. This has been wonderful for my hair AND scalp. It has stopped the screaming itchies, and my new growth feels nice and supple. I started out using Walgreens castor oil but 4 oz for $4.79 is not good - I am waiting on 32 oz for $6 from oilsbynature.com:drunk::drunk:

Joanna721

I BEEN USING IT AND I LIKE IT SO FAR....BUT IT LOOKS LIKE IM OFF TO OILSBYNATURE TO GET SOME FOR CHEAP CHEAP...LOL
THANX TENDERHEADED

MissLawyerLady

I use it on my scalp whenever I feel like it and I haven't had any problems. Leaves NG really soft. I don't like the smell so I add some peppermint oil to it.

Iluvsmuhgrass

Castor oil can be taken internally and externally. As a child my mom would give it to us to give us a "working out" and occasionally she'd put it on our heads (scalps) to break up cold and mucus. It really works but would give me a sinus infection. That would happen to my dad too. I can use it on my hair and hairline but can't use it to grease the scalp. It's great stuff though. :yep:

Iluvsmuhgrass

You are very welcome! Just think, this is BETTER quality, cheap and plentiful! Enjoy:yep::yep::yep:

co-signing. It's great. I wash and condition my hair, detangle, give myself two pigtails, slather this on my ponytails, twist them, pin them, then air dry. I loooooooove it!