Anyone still using Revlon's Porosity Control?

vevster

Anyone still using Revlon\'s Porosity Control?

I was cleaning out my closets and I found this. I haven't used in a while and I haven't seen any mentions on the board lately about this.

Cleaning up my bathroom closets confirms that I really don't need to purchase anything for the hair any time soon :p

I found several bottles of conditioner! Eek!

Trinette

Re: Anyone still using Revlon\'s Porosity Control?

It worked for me as an acidifier/clairfier. It made my hair slick and shiny after I used it. I leave it on for two to five minutes after sudsing up.

I was just thinking about this last week. I plan to add it to my rotation again for rollarsets. I love mixing it with Motions Moisture Plus. Its a keeper.

MiaLi

Hi brownrelaxedhair,

Do you use the Porosity Control with the Motions Moisture Plus as a rinse out conditioner or as a leave-in for roller setting? What amounts do you use to combine the two?

Both are rinse out. I don't measure, its just pouring some PC in my hand and squirting some Motions Moisture Plus in too (maybe a good spoonful?). Then just slather it in the hair.

Hope this helps!

I have though used Motions Moisture Plus mixed with distilled water as a leave in and the hair came out great.

MiaLi

Thanks brh! I will try this conditioner once I finish some of my other products (keeping the PJ in me at bay!
).

Aerie17

I use it after touch-ups and color. Leaves hair really slick and smooth after rinsing.

Tracy

Nope. I hate the stuff.

I do use the Roux Mendex....but that's a different Revlon product. On my hair, Porosity Control goes on like cheap lotion and rinses like glue....
But - as we say -what works on some....

I'm glad it works for someone though!

cutebajangirl

Tracy,
What exactly is the Roux Mendex? I've read the label and I can't tell if it is a protein or a really really intensive moisturizing conditioner.
CBG

Tracy

It's kind of a hybrid CBG, but overall it's relatively mild. I'd say it probably has more moisturizing conditioner qualities than protein as far as oerformance is concerned. It's very thin (meaning it goes on a little watery) - but it leaves the hair shiny and supple.

HTH!

BrownBetty

How is Roux Mendex Hair Repair Treatment?

Hello,

How is Roux Mendex Hair Repair Treatment? Did it make a difference in your hair? What does it actually do? How do you use it. I am a 4a/b, relaxed and I am curious because I love the Porosity control mixed with conditioner. Thanks for your help.