Anyone not jumping on the SURGE bandwagon?

VelvetRain

I am very curious to know who is not using Surge, and why? Personally I have not given any thought to using Surge for growth as my hair has always done well on it's own. I can only imagine if surge was not available that many would just let there hair grow on it's own without the help of a product.

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
I joined the Surge bandwagon, not because of growth but of certain claims that it stops shedding and breakage. I used it for a while and then stopped. It's seemed to create nasty looking dander. I guess my scalp didn't like it.

T

Tee

I jumped on the Surge bandwagon after a long period of skepticism. It worked great on a problem area I had, but I think I overdosed on the protein, because it eventually caused breakage. I think it's a great product for the scalp, but it shouldn't be applied to the hair for long periods of time. If I go back to using it, I'll apply it from a nozzle tip applicator bottle to minimize contact with my hair. Surge really is a miracle product. The only issue I have with it is the abundant protein. I wish the company would come out with a version without protein for those of us that don't need the hair repair.

divacurl2004

i didn't jump on the surge bandwagon because...
A. i have allergies and get allergy shot, and don't like taking a risk on new products...i heard some bad allegic reactions some ladies have had.
b. my hair gorws on its own just fine
C. i already have way too many hair products!!!
but i do love to here the fab results people get using surge!

Tai

I went through the effort of finding BSS that carried it. I even bought it. But I never used it. After stumbling over more than a few threads of people talking about the horrible flaking and the burning, irritated scalps, I gave it away to someone who's scalp could handle it. My hair is growing fine without it. I've gained about an inch in a month. My focus is on retaining my ends. So long as I can minimize split ends my hair will reach it's goal.

A_Christian

Surge is one of the only product bandwagons I never jumped on.
I know it works very well for many LHCF members, but the reports of scalp and skin irritation scared me away from it. I have a very sensitive scalp and didn't want to risk the irritation.

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
[ QUOTE ]
pink_flower said:
Not into Surge either. I think my hair does fine on its own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. You know the old quote...if it aint broke...
I know that a lot of members are using it on their problem areas...but good old scalp massages and coconut oil also do the trick. Like the rest of you...when I read about the problems that some people had using it over time...it also made me steer clear.

gabrielle2

i jumped on..then jumped off...bought 3 bottles for whatever reason. never had any problems ...just realized i purchased the product on a whim..not really a good reason. my hair was growing fine.

all 3 bottles have been given away..although it did take me almost 4 months to get rid of the last 2. the first bottle was never used. the 2nd and 3rd bottles had over 75% of the product left.

just wasnt me

Nikki319

Staying firmly away from Surge...I have an EXTREMELY sensitive scalp,I'm just going to stick to my normal hair routine and pray that it works.

dreemssold

I am surging now, and although it's only been a little over a week, I haven't had any problems. I think many of the people who have experienced burning may have applied it too soon after a relaxer (there should be a two week intermission, if I'm not mistaken). Clearly, if I had problems with it, I'd stop, but so far, so good
. I guess I don't see why one wouldn't surge...I know that some people have had issues with it, but the same can be said for relaxers. Of course, all of our hair grows "fine" without doing anything to it, but the whole reason I am here is because I want it to grow as long as possible. If I am going to take vitamins, eat carrots, use different products, I just figured, why not surge?

TigerLily

I haven't jumped on the Surge bandwagon because I'm on other bandwagons!!! Surge is way on down the line!

BlackButterflyz

Don't waste the pretty...
I didn't jump on the surge bandwagon for the same reason that I don't EVER get hung up on the the vitamin frenzy- I ain't worried about speeding growth (my hair grows just fine), I'm worried about keeping what I grow

inthepink

I am not using Surge and have never had any plans to use it. I don't know...something about the product "scares" me. I also don't have any issues with growth or thinning.

kitchen_tician

I too jumped on and jumped off the bandwagon rather quickly. Sometimes, I feel like a fibber, because I am forever changing my mind. Anyway, I've also never had problems with growing hair, but I just wanted to see what the hype was about and if it really worked.

I had some thinning (very little) around the hairline and a very small bald spot to try it on and of course it worked. I only used it for 7 days and stopped. Then started again on Thursday all over my head. Well, I think I'm experiencing some serious growth in the top of my head from it because it's throbbing (as always when it's doing some 'sho nuff' growing
) I normally experience this in my 3rd month post relaxer.

So I'm going to give it to my GF who is experiencing severe thinning throughout her scalp. I think she'll have a greater appreciation for it's wondrous effects. So again I am officially off the bandwagon. My curiousity has been satisfied.

I'll stick to my homemade conditioners, grease and hot oil treats.

NaturalRox

I've used surge only very recently (about 2 weeks) and while I do think it works at promoting new growth (I've had noticeable difference), I've decided to back off on using it regularly, if at all, because it was making my hair too dry. I applied it to my scalp with a squeeze bottle applicator to avoid getting on the rest of the hair, but the roots were just drier than normal. I used it once a day and I never had any scalp irritation though and I think it's because I no-poo daily.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I got it and used it about 2 times and stop. I still have the bottle will at some point give it away. I stopped using it because I wasn't really feeling it. It was something I just purchased on a whim.