Anyone have pics of super straight roller wraps results?

kgard7777

In my attempt to one day do a decent roller wrap that looks as if I flat ironed my hair. I was wondering if any of you ladies have pics of your results that look as if direct heat was applied afterwards? Please share your secret and if you are texlaxed, bone straight or natural....

Thanks!!

blackbarbie

The first pic is in November 2006 and the second one is December 2006 and both are of rollerwrapped. I have been sporting a bun lately out of sheer laziness but I prefer to rollerwrap, as I still get the straight look, along with the fullness. The few times that I have had it blowdried and flat ironed, I didn't like it b/c it way too straight and flat. My hair is fine and I love the fullness that the rollerwrap gives me.

I will post another picture next week as I will go to the Dominican Salon and let them rollerwrap it.

LocksOfLuV

blackbarbie said:
The first pic is in November 2006 and the second one is December 2006 and both are of rollerwrapped. I have been sporting a bun lately out of sheer laziness but I prefer to rollerwrap, as I still get the straight look, along with the fullness. The few times that I have had it blowdried and flat ironed, I didn't like it b/c it way too straight and flat. My hair is fine and I love the fullness that the rollerwrap gives me.

I will post another picture next week as I will go to the Dominican Salon and let them rollerwrap it.

So after you rollersetted did you do the silk wrap technique afterwards or did you just wrap it? It looks beautiful.

kgard7777

Ok black barbie.. unfair advantage :) you have great hair any way you look at it.. I am 3c mixed with 4a (I think)and breakage mixed with that so it won't happen for me like that with a roller wrap and no direct heat :(

beautiful pictures by the way!

pics fotki.com/kking7777
brastrap is the password

blackbarbie

After I rollerset it, I just wrapped it (regularly), put a satin scarf on it, and sat back under the dryer for about 20 minutes. (This is the way my brother does it at his salon too when he does it.)

I have done it with the saran wrap as well, but to me, the results weren't that much different. (good results both times)

The good thing I like about rollerwrapping for me is that I can roller set my hair and even though I may have new growth and my roots are not that straight, after I wrap it, it smoothes everything out and it's still straight. I don't mind the fullness/poofiness because my hair is fine anyway and I need all the help I can get!!!

blackbarbie

kgard7777 said:
Ok black barbie.. unfair advantage :) you have great hair any way you look at it.. I am 3c mixed with 4a (I think)and breakage mixed with that so it won't happen for me like that with a roller wrap and no direct heat :(

beautiful pictures by the way!

pics fotki.com/kking7777
brastrap is the password

Ummm, ms lady, I just took a peek at your pics in your fotki and you have some super thick hair and yes, a rollerwrap would do you just fine! I wish I had that kind of fullness (naturally) that you have.

When you say no direct heat, what exactly do you mean? (as it relates to a roller wrap?)

longhairluva

I rollerset my hair Saturday and it is straight. I never rollerset for curls. I always wear a straight wrap and I rarely flat iron afterwards. I only have a pic in my fotki of when my hair was first cut and rollerwrapped though. Oooh that reminds me that it is time to get my fotki in order and add more pics.

Missi

i gave my lil sis a silk-wrap: it was easy cuz she doesn't have new growth an inch long like me.

Cleve_gryl

The larger the roller is, the less curl you will have to smooth out...so use the biggest rollers you can fit on your head. I rollerwrap every single wash, and it always comes out full and bouncy but without curls (how I like it).

OT: Blackbarbie and Macherieamour are my hair IDOLS :love:

MissScarlett

whitneysimone said:
is it even possible to rollerset natural 3c/4a hair and get straight results????

i think so. I can't do this myself but the trick is to use the big rollers, to stretch out the curl. I've had mine set at the dominican salon and they get it straight. you would probably have to flat iron or bd the roots but its possible to get it straight. diva style and pokanhantas are natural 3's and they get pretty good rollersets.

Missi

whitneysimone said:
is it even possible to rollerset natural 3c/4a hair and get straight results????

Pokohontas is naturally: i know she's one of the 3's. She gets bone straight results: As for 4a, i've seen someones picture: it was bone straight: it was straight and fluffy(big)

Lady Esquire

blackbarbie, you have great hair!

on another note, the other day i was on this site and my husband happened to walk by while i was reading a post, an your pic in your siggy, and my hubby said, "whoa, she's cute!"

i told him to look and not ogle!!! :D

Lady Esquire

Pokahontas said:

I did a silk wrap in this pic, no direct heat, my hair is natural.

pokahontas, i followed the steps of your silk wrap and i liked my results. it was the silkiest rollerset i had ever had at home and i have 7-weeks of new growth. i need to keep doing it, and perfect it. i know i will get better results with time. i took a few pics in my fotki in order to have future comparison. one of these days i will have hair that is almost as beautiful as yours.

Last edited:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
LadyEsquire said:
pokahontas, i followed the steps of your silk wrap and i liked my results. it was the silkiest rollerset i had ever had at home and i have 7-weeks of new growth. i need to keep doing it, and perfect it. i know i will get better results with time. i took a few pics in my fotki in order to have future comparison. one of these i will have hair that is almost as beautiful as yours.
Thank you. You are definitely on your way girl. Your hair looks lovely and so healthy. Love the shine too. I'm glad the silk wrap came out good.