Anyone Ever Use the "Remi" Brand of Human Hair?

divinefavor

Good Morning,

Thanks to gabulldawg's pictures of her beautiful weave, I will be getting a full sew in on next Friday the 31st by Amandita. It will be just in time for a wedding that I'm in on September 1st. I went to the BSS yesterday looking for the Outre Velvet Remy hair (suggested by the stylist), but they did not have it. So, I took a look at the Black Diamond Natural Perm hair (second choice recommended by stylis and that looked really nice and less expensive than the Outre. It was pretty, but I had my mind set on wanting to see the Outre. So, the lady in the BSS said she had another hair that is better than the Outre that she recommended. So she went and pulled out this brand in a goldish like box name "Remi". That was the actual name of the brand on the package. I loved the way it looked and it looked and felt more real than the Black Diamond. It was $66.99 for one 12 inch pack and she was going to give me 10% off. I didn't purchase it because I want to check around first at other stores this weekend to see if I can find the Outre Velvet Remy and at least look at it so that I can compare the two.

Has anyone heard of and/or tried the REMI brand?

TIA for your help!

This is my first time ever getting a sew in and I'm a little self conscious about weave. So, I want to make sure that I can get the best hair possible and one one that I can reuse, and won't destroy when I wash it.

seymone

Hi Divine Favor,

I have tried Remi hair and in my opinion it is the best hair.. It does not shed excessive and it last very long...

If you go to my fotki.. The weave that I have is with Remi hair.

HTH

www.fotki.com/embracinmyself

divinefavor

Thanks girl! I can't view fotkis here at work. Would you happen to have a picture that you can attach? If not, I can wait until I get home.

Was The Remi you used the brand and not the type remy type of hair. I tell you that Remi brand she showed me was beautiful and it looked so natural and she told me that it wouldn't shed.

Healthb4Length

I've used remy hair in the past and I can say it's worth it. I really loved my EP Relaxed texture. It lasts, never tangled or shed and I used it twice. I plan on using it this year again. I never got that dreaded crawl on the back of my neck either. I've never used anything less than remy for my weaves but all other non-remy hair I saw never lasted too long and looked like a rat's nest after a few months.

SUPER SWEET

I've used Remy and it was silkier than I like my hair but it had no tangles. It's expensive but it reusable. :up: I was able to wash and wash without losing luster.

divinefavor

Are you speaking of the Brand name "Remi" or the hair type "Remy".

This particular brand in the store was "Remi" and least that's what the box read as.

Mysweetevie...How you doing girl? We still have to get together one of these days. If your schedule is anything like mine then I know you are crazy busy!

glamazon386

I've never heard of the brand actually called "Remi". But there is a type of hair called "Remy" hair. Which is better quality human hair. Several brands like EP. Nature Girl, Wagmans, Bohyme, Outre, Sensationnel etc. offer Remy hair. I'm not sure about that particular brand you mentioned but you can look up some other brands of Remy hair online and read some reviews if you'd like.

candy1214

The Remi hair you are referring to I have seen and felt. Sure it looked silky, but IMO does not match AA 4a/4b hair at all. If you're gonna do a full head sew in (no hair left out) then you should be okay, but if you're trying to blend then I'd pass.

I use Janet yaki 12 inch which is significantly cheaper and puffs out to match my texlaxed hair pretty decent. (im wearing it in my siggy) I keep it for about 4 mos. or so before I toss and buy more. Its only about 25 bucks per pack and one pack is enough for my entire head so its worth it to me.

I think I'm gonna get the EP hair for my next go round...not sure yet.

kitten73

Good Morning,

Thanks to gabulldawg's pictures of her beautiful weave, I will be getting a full sew in on next Friday the 31st by Amandita. It will be just in time for a wedding that I'm in on September 1st. I went to the BSS yesterday looking for the Outre Velvet Remy hair (suggested by the stylist), but they did not have it. So, I took a look at the Black Diamond Natural Perm hair (second choice recommended by stylis and that looked really nice and less expensive than the Outre. It was pretty, but I had my mind set on wanting to see the Outre. So, the lady in the BSS said she had another hair that is better than the Outre that she recommended. So she went and pulled out this brand in a goldish like box name "Remi". That was the actual name of the brand on the package. I loved the way it looked and it looked and felt more real than the Black Diamond. It was $66.99 for one 12 inch pack and she was going to give me 10% off. I didn't purchase it because I want to check around first at other stores this weekend to see if I can find the Outre Velvet Remy and at least look at it so that I can compare the two.

Has anyone heard of and/or tried the REMI brand?

TIA for your help!

This is my first time ever getting a sew in and I'm a little self conscious about weave. So, I want to make sure that I can get the best hair possible and one one that I can reuse, and won't destroy when I wash it.

I am a big advocate of factory hair. I by mine by the ounce and can use it over and over again. It cost an arm and a leg but so worth it for a full head. I just took out a wet and wavy that was in for 2 months and it can still be used. Not much shedding (they all sehd a little but the store brand I find sheds the most) no tangling at all. Now tonight, I am getting 4 tracks put in the front to get a "Kelis" look and I bought the Outre Remi for that. I have used Outre in the past and so have my friends and it's good for BSS standards.

glamazon386

The Remi hair you are referring to I have seen and felt. Sure it looked silky, but IMO does not match AA 4a/4b hair at all. If you're gonna do a full head sew in (no hair left out) then you should be okay, but if you're trying to blend then I'd pass.

I use Janet yaki 12 inch which is significantly cheaper and puffs out to match my texlaxed hair pretty decent. (im wearing it in my siggy) I keep it for about 4 mos. or so before I toss and buy more. Its only about 25 bucks per pack and one pack is enough for my entire head so its worth it to me.

Why did I think that was your hair all this time? I had no clue. I agree with getting it to blend with your hair though. When I was relaxed I always bought Outre New Platinum Yaki because it looked fine just like my hair did. One of my gfs always bought Mily Way because it looked coarse and matched her hair. If either of us had switched hair it wouldn't have looked right. That's why I never tried the EP Relaxed Texture, it wouldn't have matched my hair at all.

HoneyDew

I have used that kind in the gold box and it is not all that in my honest opionion.

Not remy, but Janet Collection Gold Mink Yaki was better for me - and cheaper! It blended well and perfectly - no shedding and matting.

The best remy hair that I have ever gotten was from: http://rkhairproducts.com/online.html

But it does not blend well with my relaxed Type 4 hair. I used it for braids and it was so beautiful!

I would love to try the extensions plus hair, but given a choice between that and getting my Pibbs...Well, that hair just does not look all that attractive anymore. :grin:

divinefavor

I'm doing the full head sew in with no hair left out.

divinefavor

I have used that kind in the gold box and it is not all that in my honest opionion.

Not remy, but Janet Collection Gold Mink Yaki was better for me - and cheaper! It blended well and perfectly - no shedding and matting.

The best remy hair that I have ever gotten was from: http://rkhairproducts.com/online.html

But it does not blend well with my relaxed Type 4 hair. I used it for braids and it was so beautiful!

I would love to try the extensions plus hair, but given a choice between that and getting my Pibbs...Well, that hair just does not look all that attractive anymore. :grin:

I thought about extensions plus too, but I'd much rather pay $300 for my Pibbs next month. :yep:

queen92

Are you talking about the Remi in the red box? I used it last summer. I had some hair left out though. Overall, I would have tried something else. It doesn't blend well, but since you're getting a full sew in, I guess it would work.

nfynit_812

My experience with BSS "remy" hair was the worst!!! Especially that daggone Sensationnel brand...its garbage!!! Sheds nonstop, and the luster it once had out of the pack had disappeared after the first wash.

I ordered virgin indian remy hair from www.remyhairtoday.com, and LOVED IT!!! Now I'm a 4a, and I ordered wavy 1B 16-19inches, and it blended with my hair very well!!! For the pieces of my hair that was left out, if I wanted it to match the wavy, I'd just use my wave iron and it blended in perfectly!!!

Now, I'm looking into www.luxurylocs.net, and check out their hair...seems like it's a lil more expensive than remyhairtoday, but I'm interested in it!

loved

My experience with BSS "remy" hair was the worst!!! Especially that daggone Sensationnel brand...its garbage!!! Sheds nonstop, and the luster it once had out of the pack had disappeared after the first wash.

Cosigning on this. I wanted to move up from BSS which was leaving my hair a tangled mess so I pd about $35 for a pack of Sensationnel Remy.The Worst tangling I ever experienced, bar none. I never thought I would spend $200+ for hair, but I did a lot of checking in the BHM forums & did it after the Sensationnel experience since I was wasting money taking raggedy hair out shortly after purchase. I kept getting tangles & shedding w/ hair all over my carpets & the dreaded weave neck poof. Don't even think about washing BSS or working out & lettting sweat get to it. I am on my second install w/ EPRT and would buy it again in a heartbeat.

I did try Janet Yaki and it was OK for me, except that 1b was very light in color and closer to a 2, and since it was a kinkier hair the ends were not clean cut and it was a little short so buy extra length.