Anyone currently fasting OR have a desire to fast?

LaFemmeNaturelle

I'm getting ready to do the Daniel Fast again (also fasting from secular music) and thought I'd ask so we could do it together. Of course we are to go to God whenever we start struggling. And I plan to pray constantly throughout this fast. But sometimes I need a sister in Christ to talk to about it as well. Especially when the devil (stress from school) starts making me want all the free food at school.

I'm praying for discipline (in all aspects of my life) and will be fasting until May 25th.

Let me know!

Last edited:

Sosa

I start a Daniel fast today.
I will be fasting/praying for direction (career-wise), wisdom and favor for my Mom.

smwrigh3

Want to fast so bad its been on my spirit. I am giving up facebook and twitter. I am praying for vision for my life and and to grow more in Christ.

LaFemmeNaturelle

Oh great! I thought I was gonna be in it alone for a while. I officially started today. I will keep the two of you in my prayers as well.

Check in whenever!

smwrigh3 if it's been on your spirit then you should def do it! The first time I did the Daniel Fast, it had been on my spirit for a few weeks before something just HIT ME and told me to stop making excuses and DO IT. I had just gone grocery shopping too and bought all kinds of meat but I felt called to do it so I did it. And I'm glad I did it. So I'm glad you are going to do it as well!

sidney

Please read Isaiah 58 as you continue your fast. I will fast with you, doing it on Sundays now. How many times a week are you fasting? Thanks.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I'll be keeping each of you in prayer. :love2:

In agreement with you for your prayers and goals and for your strength during your fasting. Is this okay with each of you? Please feel free to let me know what to keep in prayer for you. I'm here to support you. :yep:

sidney

In agreement with you for your prayers and goals and for your strength during your fasting. Is this okay with each of you? Please feel free to let me know what to keep in prayer for you. I'm here to support you. :yep:

Fasting for unsaved family members. Thank you for your prayers Shimmie.

smwrigh3

Shimmie I would love for you to keep me in your prayers. I ask that God continue to show me his vision for my life and that I continue to lean on him for my support.

smwrigh3

Oh great! I thought I was gonna be in it alone for a while. I officially started today. I will keep the two of you in my prayers as well.

Check in whenever!

smwrigh3 if it's been on your spirit then you should def do it! The first time I did the Daniel Fast, it had been on my spirit for a few weeks before something just HIT ME and told me to stop making excuses and DO IT. I had just gone grocery shopping too and bought all kinds of meat but I felt called to do it so I did it. And I'm glad I did it. So I'm glad you are going to do it as well!

LaFemmeNaturelle I deleted my twitter app on my phone and I refuse to get facebook. During the time I am usually on social networking sites I will in the word. I bought a book by Max Lucado called "A Love Worth Giving" so I am studying that. I am also making a key chain of note cards filled with bible quotes. so I am working on that as well. I pray that I am drawn closer to God and that I can be consumed by his word.

Please read Isaiah 58 as you continue your fast. I will fast with you, doing it on Sundays now. How many times a week are you fasting? Thanks.

I do mine everyday. However b/c twitter and facebook is the primary way of communication between my father and I and my internship I have allowed myself to only visit those sites while on a computer and not on my phone.

LaFemmeNaturelle

Thank you Shimmie! I am praying for discipline in every area of my life. Most importantly in my spiritual life. I want to become more prayerful, thankful, appreciative, study the word more often (instead of watching so much TV), and just watching what I say and do. Everything I do and say should be pleasing to God and I need to stay mindful of that. I'm also praying to be more disciplined w/ my academic study schedule and taking care of my body (working out and resisting foods that my body does not agree with). Everything! Thank you!

I pray everyone is doing well and turning to God during the difficult times. I find myself talking to God every 5 minutes. Love him!

sidney

Thank you so much Traci! Ive never done the Daniel fast but I may do it, will be back later to discuss.

LaFemmeNaturelle

When you ladies fast, do you relate your bible studies to what you are fasting for? Or is it more about praying?

God is showing his presence in my life and I've definitely been praying more. I'm trying to do more of a focused study of the Word as well. Unfortunately, I haven't been reading as much as I want due to studying for school. He's still working on me! Halleluyah!

smwrigh3

Right now I am reading almost everything I can get my hands on. I really want to understand listening and LEANING on the word of god. I read my bible nightly. So the way my fast works is normally when I would be on facebook or twitter I instead that that time to read my Max Lucado book "A Love Worth Giving" and sidney Blog Forthefrustratedchristian

sidney

The first day of this fast was....well...worst than not eating at all! But I got it now! I'm loving this fast! God rewards fasting ladies! It says so in his word! He did not promise to answer our specific prayers, although I pray he does! But there will be reward. God bless you ladies, lifting you up!

sidney

When you ladies fast, do you relate your bible studies to what you are fasting for? Or is it more about praying?

God is showing his presence in my life and I've definitely been praying more. I'm trying to do more of a focused study of the Word as well. Unfortunately, I haven't been reading as much as I want due to studying for school. He's still working on me! Halleluyah!

I haven't changed my daily routine, except I am reflecting on God throughout my busy day and maybe added scattered very short prayers throughout the day. I hope you find something that works, it may be as simple as pulling out your iphone and reading a few verses.

chicacanella

I have been fasting on and off for abot three years now.
I have fought the good fight of faith. But, I mst continue to fight and fast, but lately my energy level needs to be increased. I'll speak that it is. Please, encourage me because being that when I go on fast I do juice fasts or with some yogurt smoothies, I am always so disciplined. Then, when you look at other people and they aren't doing what you are...sigh. But anyway, I am a major prayer warrior and I know that for all my hard work, it is going to pay off. I have learned so much from fasting and praying, even when not in tongues.

I think we just have to stay encouraged. That's the thing, to stay encouraged when you don't know what's going to happen tomorrow, but at least we can pray in tongues when we don't know what to pray for.:yep:

LaFemmeNaturelle

Well I generally read everyday. I try to do a chapter but sometimes I want to read more and other times when I don't have alot of time, I'll read ODB and the scriptures associated with that message. I was just wondering if I should be reading scriptures specifically relating to what I'm fasting for. Like, I'm fasting for discipline so I tried doing a search on all scriptures relating to it but didn't really find anything. The discipline that came up was actually about BEING disciplined as a consequence of something but not HAVING discipline. Guess I should look up strength or something. But maybe I should just focus on the daily studying that I do and not look for specific scriptures? After all, the ultimate goal is to become closer to God and more Christ-like.

Also sidney (which I love your name because it's my name too lol just a diff spelling) is http://thefrustratedchristian.com/ your blog?

ETA: Nevermind I found it Sidney

Last edited:

loolalooh

I have a desire to fast starting next week (pending how things go tomorrow). I would like to do the Daniel fast (again). I want the fast to be about getting closer to the Lord and a form of praise. I'll be back to this thread when I've made my decision.

In general, I would like to fast more frequently than I do. My body type makes it difficult because I lose weight so easily and quickly. That's no excuse though so long as it's not affecting my health.

chicacanella

Well I generally read everyday. I try to do a chapter but sometimes I want to read more and other times when I don't have alot of time, I'll read ODB and the scriptures associated with that message. I was just wondering if I should be reading scriptures specifically relating to what I'm fasting for. Like, I'm fasting for discipline so I tried doing a search on all scriptures relating to it but didn't really find anything. The discipline that came up was actually about BEING disciplined as a consequence of something but not HAVING discipline. Guess I should look up strength or something. But maybe I should just focus on the daily studying that I do and not look for specific scriptures? After all, the ultimate goal is to become closer to God and more Christ-like.

Also @sidney (which I love your name because it's my name too lol just a diff spelling) is http://thefrustratedchristian.com/ your blog?

ETA: Nevermind I found it Sidney

I think it would be good to read scriptures to help you in the areas you HAVE already conqured. Or maybe you can have an hour meditating on scriptures you need to help yov in that area, and then jvst throvhovt the week keep thinking abovt it. Another thing that will help with discipline is praying in tongues. I didn't really notice the spiritval difference at first until I went through a very trying period and my life and darn it, as much as people say, 'I can hear what the Holy Spirit is telling me to pray for', speaking in tongues is like a battery recharger for Christians. :yep:

I have a desire to fast starting next week (pending how things go tomorrow). I would like to do the Daniel fast (again). I want the fast to be about getting closer to the Lord and a form of praise. I'll be back to this thread when I've made my decision.

In general, I would like to fast more frequently than I do. My body type makes it difficult because I lose weight so easily and quickly. That's no excuse though so long as it's not affecting my health.

Yeah, I lost a lot of weight fasting. It's important to try and get your slimfast or so mix drinks for protein and vitamins in. But it is so worth it in the long run.:yep:

LaFemmeNaturelle

I think it would be good to read scriptures to help you in the areas you HAVE already conqured. Or maybe you can have an hour meditating on scriptures you need to help yov in that area, and then jvst throvhovt the week keep thinking abovt it. Another thing that will help with discipline is praying in tongues. I didn't really notice the spiritval difference at first until I went through a very trying period and my life and darn it, as much as people say, 'I can hear what the Holy Spirit is telling me to pray for', speaking in tongues is like a battery recharger for Christians. :yep:

Yeah, I lost a lot of weight fasting. It's important to try and get your slimfast or so mix drinks for protein and vitamins in. But it is so worth it in the long run.:yep:

Please explain this (using scripture) when you have time because from my understanding, not everyone has this gift.

loolalooh

Ok, I'm officially fasting. May 12-22. 10 day Daniel fast with just vegetables and water. (But the first two days will be mostly juicing ... some serious cleansing). I'm going to the grocery store today to stock up on vegetables.

Today's Scripture meditation/reading: Acts 16, Psalm 42

What's interesting is I think God has been preparing me for this serious fast because I haven't been eating much this week (due to stomach issues :ohwell:).

loolalooh

How are you ladies doing?

Day #1 (yesterday) was amazing. I read some Scripture and also came upon Judges 7. Very timely Scripture indeed.

Day #2 (today) was so difficult. I can :lol: about it now. God showed me something in myself that needs to be shed or it will block a future blessing down the road.

LaFemmeNaturelle

I've ended my Daniel Fast for the time being. I ran out of money and don't have any to grocery shop so will have to eat what is in my pantry and freezer but I am of course staying in prayer and studying the Word.

smwrigh3

I am still fasting from facebook and twitter...

I just started a 5 week soul detox on youversion last week so I keep myself spiritual feed as well as I am still reading my book by Max Lucado.

I didn't set an end date for this fast. I think it just might become a my normal life. If I never "end" this fast does it still count? :drunk: