Anybody's Silicon Mix Stink???

PinkAngel

I used my Silicon Mix for the first time yesterday and it has an unpleasant smell that's still lingering today. How can I mask this smell? I like what it did to my hair, I just don't think I can bear the smell. :( I even mixed it with Keraphix, then used my regular leave ins. TIA

~msshic~

HoneyDew

Well, I don't think it "stinks", but it does have a strong smell that I am not too fond of. And it does linger in my hair for a few days.

The smell is less when I mix it with 10 en 1 or use NTM DDC or something after I rinse the Silicon Mix out.

I hate the way it smells.

Ebony

huh? silicone mix stinks? they use it at one of my hairdresser's (where i get relaxed) & it always smells good. am i missing something?

Healthb4Length

Oh please tell me this stuff doesn't stink! I just got some this weekend and I plan on using it today to wash...oh well I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Ebony

regardless, i would like to get a small jar of it to use as a rinse out deep conditioner. It makes my hair feel amazing!

CookieLAD

:huh: It does have a distinct smell, but I don't find it offensive in any way. Actually I like the smell, and it has done wonders for my hair :grin:

kreeme

In my opinion, I don't think that it "stinks" per se. It has a strong "purfumey-like" smell to it, but it doesn't stink...now MTG, that stinks! :lol:

*Frisky*

I don't think it stinks but it does have a strong fragrance. Its tolerable for me and I am glad cause it is a wonderful product...what I do think smells is the Domincan Honey and Milk conditioner...

kreeme

marie170 said:
I don't think it stinks but it does have a strong fragrance. Its tolerable for me and I am glad cause it is a wonderful product...what I do think smells is the Domincan Honey and Milk conditioner...

Now I thought the Honey and Milk smelled really good! However, it didn't do a thing for my hair! :nono:

HoneyDew

marie170 said:
...what I do think smells is the Domincan Honey and Milk conditioner...

I agree. I have the rinse and I HATE the smell of that stuff. At least the Silicone Mix I can stand.

kreeme said:
It has a strong "purfumey-like" smell to it, but it doesn't stink

That is a good way to describe it.

*Frisky*

kreeme said:
Now I thought the Honey and Milk smelled really good! However, it didn't do a thing for my hair! :nono:

It has petroleum in it and maybe that is what I am smelling the most. I never really was a big vaseline fan...

*Frisky*

HoneyDew said:
I agree. I have the rinse and I HATE the smell of that stuff. At least the Silicone Mix I can stand.

That is a good way to describe it.

I plan on bringing it to the DC meeting so some lucky lady can have it... I am tired of it stinking up my hall closet!!