Anybody on here who DOES NOT USE oil?

Faith

Is there anybody on here you doesn't use any oil at oil in their hair? Have you noticed a difference for the better? I think the oils make my hair drier/crunchier as the days go by. It's not bad on damp hair but when I use it after wash day it seems to dry it up a bit.

I'm wondering if I could get away with no oil at all...except in a preshampoo treatment. And maybe my BB lotion.

I don't really use oil on a regular basis, but I do keep some around.

I used to never use it for the same reasons you mentioned, but I have found Emu oil and Shea oil to be much better and "softer". WGO is cool, too, but I hate the smell.

I may have to try this Emu oil...everything else is either not enough or leaves it crunchy. Thanks

Faith said:
I may have to try this Emu oil...everything else is either not enough or leaves it crunchy. Thanks

Emu oil is very nice. You don’t get that nasty crunch with it and a little goes a very long way.

Emu oil is creamy so it is different than any other oil I have used.

Just be careful because there are some fake suppliers out there.

It should not have any debris in it. I bought some once that had little white things in it and was very thick and dark beige. I also bought some once that had a nasty smell, like spoiled meat. Needless to say I returned those.

It should be nice and creamy (will be thicker if cooled), with no odor or anything floating in it with a light white/off-white color.

I don't use oil as rule. The tiniest bit seems to weigh my hair down and attract dust. However, if I ever had to use an oil it would only be virgin coconut oil. It is very light and it does not irritate the scalp.

Coconut oil gives my hair the crunchy effect you mention. It can be a bit hit or miss finding oils that suit you. Jojoba is supposed to most closely resemble human sebum so you could give it a try - it's just more expensive than other carrier oils.

Miss*Tress said:
Coconut oil gives my hair the crunchy effect you mention. It can be a bit hit or miss finding oils that suit you. Jojoba is supposed to most closely resemble human sebum so you could give it a try - it's just more expensive than other carrier oils.
I get the crunch from coconut oil too. I have jojoba oil and it's good for a few days then it doesn't seem to do anything after that. I think it would be a good oil if I washed 2x/week. Maybe the emu will be good for my 1x/week washing.

Where do you get your Emu oil from?

HoneyDew said:
Emu oil is very nice. You don’t get that nasty crunch with it and a little goes a very long way.

Emu oil is creamy so it is different than any other oil I have used.

Just be careful because there are some fake suppliers out there.

It should not have any debris in it. I bought some once that had little white things in it and was very thick and dark beige. I also bought some once that had a nasty smell, like spoiled meat. Needless to say I returned those.

It should be nice and creamy (will be thicker if cooled), with no odor or anything floating in it with a light white/off-white color.

lana said:
I saw Emu Oil at Whole Foods, if you don't want to buy it online.

Really? That is good because I asked my local Whole Foods and they told me that they don't carry it. :confused:

Hi Faith :wave:

I must admit, I rarely use oil, but I keep some around. My hair has always responded well without it, but when it starts looking dull I use a little - not sure it helps much though. For so long I've just used my leave-ins (MNT) and that's it.

I must say that I discovered a new product by Ojon. It's like a deep recovery mask or treatment that you use as a pre-poo. I've incorporated it into my regimen and I LOVE it!!! My hair has responded well to it, and it gives me great shine and manageability.

HTH,

SG

SouthernGirl said:
Hi Faith :wave:

I must admit, I rarely use oil, but I keep some around. My hair has always responded well without it, but when it starts looking dull I use a little - not sure it helps much though. For so long I've just used my leave-ins (MNT) and that's it.

I must say that I discovered a new product by Ojon. It's like a deep recovery mask or treatment that you use as a pre-poo. I've incorporated it into my regimen and I LOVE it!!! My hair has responded well to it, and it gives me great shine and manageability.

HTH,

SG
Thanks SG :wave: I'll make a note of the Ojon. I have so many products that I don't want to buy anything else for at least another year.

Silvergirl, so you don't use anything at all :shocked: No leave ins? Sprays? What hair type do you have?
I have to admit, I find my hair does behave better if I dry it with hardly any product at all. If I just spray a little Vitapro when my hair is about 90% dry and leave it to dry, it's softer and easier to detangle...hm.

Faith said:
Thanks SG :wave: I'll make a note of the Ojon. I have so many products that I don't want to buy anything else for at least another year.

Hey Girlie,

Don't buy this - I think you can get a sample from Sephora or write to the company and they'll send it to you (may cost a few bucks though). I did some research on makeup alley and it got mixed reviews. That way you can try it first. It's pricey!!

Take care,
SG

Back