Any1 know if any of these supplements cause

G

weight gain? I take a Hair, Skin, and Nail vitamin (mostly B's), MSM, Calcium, Esther C and COQ10. In addition, to quicker hair growth, I have gained 15 pounds this year. I have not changed my eating habits or physical activity. Could one of these supplements be causing the weight gain? To narrow it down, I have always taken COQ10 and Calcium so it's not likely those two. I am thinking it is the MSM. Does anyone know if MSM cause weight gain?

LondonDiva

You know what...I don't know about the effects of these supplements actually causing the weight gain, BUT I remember all the time feeling VERY hungry after taking them. On the liquid vitamins I feel fine, but give me some capsules or tablets and I feel so hungry.

Could there be anything else hormonal that could be causing the weight gain, if you said your eating habits haven't changed. Could it also be your metabolism slowing down, possibly?
I know it may sound SO off the cuff, but have you been thinking about gaining weight or visualizing yourself bigger even though you don't want to be that size. I have heard and can very much believe that you can change your body image/size just through mental activity/hypnosis.

Damn I wish I was 15 pounds heavier, wanna send it over to London?

daviine

LondonDiva--you and I both. I'll get with you on another thread about the weight thing.

Bett1e---How have you been? I haven't seen you posting anywhere in a while! Good to see you. I hope all is well. There's a post about that very same question here somewhere and I replied saying that I think it has something to do with B-Vitamins. My mother is always trying to get me to take this serum to stimulate my vitamins and according to the label, all it is is B-vitamins. So it may be that.

G

I guess it could be a slower metabolism. You are welcome to the 15 lbs. Where shall I send them? /images/graemlins/blush.gif

G

I'm fine; thanks for asking. I tried to do a search of the board for 'weight gain' and nothing came up. I'll try again.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I have been wondering the same thing for the same reason /images/graemlins/frown.gif

But all I've heard is that they increase appetite (Shrug)