Any tips on reaching Brastrap length?....

Amina

I am a few inches away from shoulder length. Getting from chin length to shoulder length was the easy part for me b/c I had shoulder length in the pass. However, it is getting from shoulder length to brastrap length which is the hard part for me. Any tips?

Also, my hair line is messed up both in the front (I pulled my hair out of anger and I had some new growth so the hair torn at the line between relaxed and natural hair) and my nap (I don't know why its messed up) I am using mtg on the nap. Any suggestions on how to take care of these places while growing them back would be appreciated.

Hair type is relaxed 4a/4b.
THANKS

Lorraine

I would recommend spraying Surge's Plus 14 on your edges and thin areas. Also, try to find a good leave in and apply this to your hair regularly. I apply UBH moisturizing lotion to my hair in the morning and evening. Finally, avoid heat on your hair as much as possible, especially the blow dryer if you can. ;)

balisi

Are you keeping your hair off your shoulders as much as possible during this period, in order to prevent friction, which contributes to breakage?

Babygurl

My recommendation is to use protective styles (buns, etc.) anything that will keep the hair off your shoulders

baglady215

Ditto! Keep your hair up and keep those ends moisturized! I'm loving shea butter on my ends right now. I'm being bad - I've been wearing my hair out all week. I'm noticing a little breakage. Next week, it's going up.

Jewell

Yep, what everyone else said. Protecting the ends is the key to retaining length, that way all your new growth isn't in vain. Since I started wearing more protective styles, I haven't had a problem out of my hair (no dry ends, no splits). HTH!