Any Recommendations On High Quality Lace Front Wigs?

sparkle25

Hello ladies

I need a new lace front wig :) my hair grows best when braided and I don't really like weaves- I like to have access to my real hair. Can anyone recommend a place online when I can get a top quality wig? I'm willing to spend the money as long as it's truly worth it.

Thanks ladies :)

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I buy mine from Eva Wigs (evawigs.com).

Though I haven't purchased from them yet, I hear RPGShow wigs (rpgshow.com) are nice.

Another site I've been eyeing is California Lace Wigs & Weaves (californialacewigs.com). Their prices are a bit high, but I want to try them out.

sparkle25

Had one from Ruth's Beauty years ago that was pretty good but I have read her quality has gone way down. Thanks ladies. Please keep the suggestions coming :)

EnExitStageLeft

@SuchaLady and @sparkle25

Here is a quick snap of me in the wig. My apologies for the awkwardness, I literally had to do this as I ran out the door.

I straightened it and cut it to about shoulder length with face framing layers, but its 98 degree's in GA and humid as BLEEP! (@SuchaLady you know the struggle)

So I rock it behind the ears on miserable days.

imagejpeg_2(7).jpg

Its the Kinky Straight Lace Front Wig from PremierLaceWig. Its uber soft and literally little to no shedding (at least mine doesn't). It has a 120% density, but they do have the option to customize it but they take additional time to customize. I however am VERY impatient and opted for the much cheaper stock wig and I'm actually loving the density.

Its relatively large for a medium cap, so if you have a double-wide like yours truly it'll be fine. However, if you have a smaller head I definitely suggest opting for the smaller cap or ordering a custom unit. They have a chat option on their site so may you can chat with them to further help with your decision.

I also suggest you check out the Youtube videos reviewing this unit. Most are very positive and all of their units are BEAUTIFUL! My favorite is the one Joulezy recently did. She's the reason I pulled it from the depths of my weave drawer. I've had it for a hot min. now.

Overall, I LOVE THIS THING! I actually ordered another one and just cut and styled it as well. I left it at the full 18 inches, which doesn't look 18 inches at all. More like 22 and that's after the cut and style...its literally WL. I think I'll keep that wig for special occasions and use the shorter one for the everyday.

EnExitStageLeft

@SuchaLady

Just a tid bit. The knots aren't bleached, but I can deal with that since I tweeze my parting. Oh, thats another thing.....depending on how wide your natural part is, you may have to tweeze the part. Since this wig is dense, I have to tweeze it slightly. Other then that the parting space is pretty good.

ravenhairedcharm

@EnExitStageLeft That unit is very pretty on you. I know nothing about buying wigs, can you tell me if you got yours with baby hair and do people normally prefer their units with wig clips or combs?

Does anyone know which is better (baby hair vs. none, clips vs. comb)? I'm thinking about getting a glueless full lace.

EnExitStageLeft

@ravenhairedcharm

This unit does come with baby hair. I don't utilize it though. Most cut it off, but I never do. When its washed/styled I never notice a difference.

As for wig clips, I'm not a fan. I find that those are super damaging to the hairline. My edges are fuller then they've ever been and I'm not trying to rip them out lol.

This unit comes with 3 wig combs and a adjustable strap at the nape and I only use the adjustable strap. Usually to make sure its completely sturdy I'll bobby pin the front down. That works perfectly.

There is nothing wrong with the combs, I just find it to be more comfortable for me to pin it vs. use the combs.

HTH's :)

Last edited:

GGsKin

@ravenhairedcharm I've only got one full lace wig. It has baby hair (probably comes in handy if blending). It has combs but I don't use them- the back one tended to rip out my nape hair. The others are useless (but not troublesome) because my hair is covered underneath (bag+stocking cap). I use hairpins and an elastic band sewn into the wig.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Hey hun,
I've only bought two full lace wigs in my time. One from Sassy Secret about 5 years ago I bought for $500 I believe and one earlier this year from Freedom Couture I bought for a little over $400 (they had a sale). I usually buy wefts and a closure and make my own wigs bc I like fullness and full lace wigs don't give me that fullness. They're gorgeous but I like to try different things that's why I bought them. But like I mentioned I like to make and color my own wigs. Here's pics of my two full lace. The most recent one I've colored already twice.
Here's the one from Sassy
529201513412.jpg

Here's the one from FC
529201513517.jpg

Here's the others I made and colored except the gray one I purchased the hair already this color
5292015134310.jpg 529201513450.jpg 5292015134531.jpg 5292015134558.jpg 529201513473.jpg 5292015134732.jpg 5292015134751.jpg 529201513487.jpg