Any ladies who *don't* wash their hair in the shower???

Divine Inspiration

Ok, so this is the strangest thing, but I have MORE tangles in the shower than when I lean over the sink and I don't feel like my scalp is clean because I'm not able to really get to the center back area of my head. :(

Does anybody else have this issue or am I just doin it wrong? :confused: I've been standing with my back to the shower head and pooing... :perplexed

Any suggestions? or is this something that works for some and not for others? :confused:

I bought one of those 2 position attachments for the kitchen sink. The water comes out like the shower, and that works good for me. You ladies might think it's gross but I wash my daughter and my hair in the kitchen sink.

:D It is OLD SCHOOL, but I have always washed my hair in the kitchen sink! I need to take my time and focus on my hair and scalp, and it just seems like a waste of water in the shower.

Plus-- I like BATHS AND always leave my conditioner on for at least 30 minutes-should I dry off and then get wet again to rinse it out? :p

I wash inthe shower but I shampoo sections at a time. I always give my scalp a really good scrub. I also saturate the hair thats "done" with conditioner/detangler. Comb it and briad it up. I harldy ever get any tangles in or our of the showre....

Umh I wash my hair in the kitchen sink as well always have but Im a clean freak and bleach everything down before I do it and clean it after.

As a relaxed and transitioning head I wash in the shower but when I'm completely natural I would like to wash in the sink. I have a kitchen faucet that alternates between streaming water and shower-like. I want to minimize my long showers and conserve water.

Ummm, my shower is broken.

I kneel on a mat and wash my hair in the tub (that way, I don't have to kneel on a chair).

I HAVE to wash my hair in the shower! But there are times I've washed it in the kitchen sink too, I had to part in down the middle and wash/detangle one side at a time.

I couldn't imagine washing my hair in the kitchen sink.

Do whatever works best for you, DI! Different strokes... :)

I lean over the tub and wash my hair. I find (don't know if this is going to make sense to anyone) but my hair is too long to wash in the shower....i find that i need to still bend over...

Since I do daily CW/rinses, I usually wash in the shower. In the winter, I think I will wash in the sink more often. I have used the kitchen sink many times to wash my hair and my son. I find it more comfortable than shivering in the shower after I turn the water off to scrub my scalp. I have a laundry sink in my new house so I will probably use that now for my hair.

I'm a kitchen sink girl, seems to be a little more convient for me since I have little ones to keep an eye on, plus I normally wash at times that are not shower time :ohwell: , but when I do only co-washes I'll do them in the shower before bed-time. Either way I guess they both have there benefits, and there isn't really a wrong way or a right way just the way that works for you and makes you comfortable ;)

I'm a shower washer. I count on the strong force from the nozzle to help me with the tangles.

depends on what i'm doing with my hair... if i'm doing color or a relaxer (when i used to relax), then i use the sink... for my daily washes it's the shower... it's just really convenient for me to do stuff in the shower - i'm a multitasker... :dizzy:

I wash my hair in the shower. I have washed it in the sink a couple of times and it was tangle city. Occasionally, I will rinse out conditioner in the sink, but most times I try to avoid that.

Back