Another kudos for ORS lye relaxer!!

beana

I jumped the gun and relaxed my hair at 7 weeks... i had a good amount of new growth and my hair was on the verge of breaking. I decided to switch my relaxer on a whim, mainly because design essentials was harsh on my sensitive scalp.

ORS lye is SOOOOO gentle, by far the BEST lye relaxer i have ever used. I mean minimal irritation and my hair is silky straight!!! My sister (who applies my relaxer) even loves it... my hair is so silky,shiny, moist and healthy looking. I'm in love.... Of course this is preliminary review and i have to see how it works over time, but this is a keeper if it continues to perform like this!!!!! I really think i have found THE ONE relaxer i can stick with as a staple!!!!

Last edited:
Yes, thats another positive... its easily accessible (local BSS sells it) and only costs $6 for 18oz's.... I was a bit hesitant at first because i coudlnt fathom why it was sooo cheap (not complaining at all tho).

I am so glad you had a good experience, I am thinking about trying it for my next relaxer. Did you add any oils to it?

I didnt add any oils this time, but will consider adding a teaspoon for my next application. I wanted to test its straightening ability this go round, and it exceeded my expectations... my hair does not feel flat or thin either.

I switched to ORS lye for my last t-up...the other relaxers were leaving me under processed ...I like the results of the ORS and the deep conditioner that you use with the perm left my hair feeling soft

had you always used lye or are you switching only the brands? Congrats btw.

I used phyto (no lye) for two years, switched to Design essentials LYE, and im hoping i can stick with ORS lye for the rest of my relaxed hair days. The lye give my hair more of a piolished look if that makes any sense.

I used phyto (no lye) for two years, switched to Design essentials LYE, and im hoping i can stick with ORS lye for the rest of my relaxed hair days. The lye give my hair more of a piolished look if that makes any sense.

I was asking bc I was thinking of switching. I think of doing a lot fo stuff though...

Back